Status: indefinite hiatus

Serendipity

So don't mess with me, I'll shoot you down

"Beckett!" I shouted. "Beckett!"
"What!?" She shouted back.

"Get your boney butt over here!" I shouted into my phone. "Pronto!"

"Is your dad having a jam session again?! Because I refuse to miss that! I missed the last one and your videos you showed me— oh my god." She paused. "They played Jimi Hendrix, Sully! JIMI HENDRIX! I love me some Jimi Hendrix!"

"I know, Becks, I was there," I chuckled. "But no they aren't, I just really want someone to lay out with me."

She groaned. "But I want to hear them play Jimi."

Jesus. "Becks, just please come over and lay out with me? I'm bored and Lars may have slipped me some alcoholic beverages before he left last night."

"Your Uncle Lars is the shiz-nit! I'll be over in twenty!" She hung up without saying goodbye making me roll my eyes. She was ridiculous.

When I managed to pull myself out of bed, I changed into my swim suit, shorts, and cover-up. My stepmom had made me some grapefruit lemonade because she loved me, so I got the jug out of the fridge. I put a few handfuls of ice in there along with the vodka my Uncle Lars snuck me last night and grabbed two cups, before picking up the jug and hauling it outside.

"Dad!" I shouted. "Beckett is coming over to lay out! I love you, but don't bother us!"

"And what if I do?" He hollered back.

He was out in the guest house that him, Lars, Kirk, and Robert used as a jam room. It was more of a garage kind of thing. It was an open floor plan that was the size of a two car garage that had big sliding doors. The doors went about the span of the building and they faced the house. They had offered it to me as a place to live, but I was alone a majority of my time and staying in a houseful of people on my time off was something I enjoyed doing. And coming home to a houseful of people was a plus.

"I'll disown you," I hollered, setting the jug and cups down. "I'll put want ads on Craigslist for a new dad."

His booming laugh met my ears. "I don't think so. You'll get some creepy Craigslist killer and I really don't think the guys or our fans would be too fond of me going to prison for murder."

"Way to be optimistic, old man!"

&&&

Hey I heard you were a wild one
Oooh
If I took you home
It'd be a home run
Show me how you do

I wanna shut down the club
With you
Hey I heard you like the wild ones (wild ones wild ones)
Oooh

I like crazy, foolish, stupid
Party going wild, fist pumping music,
I might lose it
Blast to the roof, that how we do'z it (do'z it do'z it)
I don't care the night, she don't care we like
Almost dared the right vibe
Ready to get live, ain't no surprise
Take me so high, jumping nose dive
Surfing the crowd
Oooh
Said I gotta be the man
I'm the head of my band, mic check one two
Shut them down in the club while the playboy does it, and y'all get lose lose
After bottle, we all get bent and again tomorrow
Gotta break loose cause that's the motto
Club shuts down, a hundred super models

Hey I heard you were a wild one
Oooh
If I took you home
It'd be a home run
Show me how you do

I wanna shut down the club
With you
Hey I heard you like the wild ones (wild ones wild ones)


"Heard anything from the Irish boy?" Beckett asked, as we floated around the pool on our rafts.

I shrugged. "I dunno."

She snorted. "Oh come on, Sully. You can't just act like a member of one of the hottest boybands to grace Planet Earth hasn't been chatting you up."

"It's no different then Justin or Francisco," I replied nonchalantly. And it really wasn't. I had no plans to develop any feelings for any of them. They were my friends. I hung out with them. I partied with them. They were just my friends.

"Are you going to meet him face to face when they come perform in Cali?" She asked.

She made it seem like I was meeting a possible suitor I had found on some dating website. I felt like I needed to be on the tv show Catfish. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Just didn't know if you were going to Catfish this whole thing or not."

She scared me sometimes when she did that. It was like she could read my mind.

"The fact that you used Catfish as a verb is amusing," I chuckled.

"Don't Judge Judy me." Oh dear lord. "Why isn't this shit working?" She asked, holding up her cup of the grapefruit mixed drink. "Did your Uncle Lars jip you? Did he really just give you a vodka bottle filled with water?"

"Have you lost your mind?" I mean, it's a serious question. "From that statement, I know for a fact that he didn't jip me. You're three quarters of the way gone."

A loud scoff sounded from her. "Pfft. Okay. Yeah. Whatevs."

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
Judge Judy & Catfish just got used as verbs & whatevs is apparently still cool to say.


"Whatevs Bevs. Whatevs."

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
Whatevs Bevs. Whatevs. @beckett_munro


&&&

July 8, 2013
Flight from LA to Toronto

"Make sure to call me as soon as you land," my dad said as he hugged me.

I nodded. "Always do, Dad."

"Don't get smart with me, kid." He poked my side making me jump away and cringe. "Why are you going to Canada again?"

"I have a shoot," I replied. Which wasn't a total lie. I had a shoot, just not until the eleventh. "I gotta go. Love you Dad. See you in a few days."

With that said, I waved and walked off. Security was fairly quick, so I was one of the first few people on the plane. As soon as I got on there, I quickly pulled up my Twitter app.

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
O Canada! O Canada!


Believe it or not, I was nervous. I was going to be meeting Niall for the first time. Sure I had talked to him on Skype and FaceTime, but this was different. This was face to face. Not through a computer or phone screen.

Getting ready to take off!


Alright! Do you have a hotel and everything?


Yeah, my manager booked me a room at The Drake for the next few days.


I'll see you tomorrow, yeah? At rehearsals?


Yes sir!

Is it weird that I'm kind of nervous about going to your concert? I mean, I've been to more rock concerts then I can count and I'm nervous about going to a pop concert.


Yes, yes it is. Is it weird that I'm scared of your dad and there's a slim chance that I'll ever meet him?


I laughed out loud at that.

Um, no. Lol. I think everyone has been scared of my dad at one point or another.


The flight attendant came over the speaker system, so I turned my phone on airplane mode and put it in my purse. Here I come Canada.

&&&


July 9, 2013
Air Canada Centre

"Have you ever been to a pop concert before?" Beckett asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"No," I replied, stepping out of the car. "And I'm nervous as shit."

That caused her to laugh. "Don't laugh at me!" I whined.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's just funny!" She laughed again. "But your dad is a world famous rockstar and you've been to basically every one of his concerts, yet your flipping shit over a measly pop concert! That's tweet-able!"

"Don't tweet about and don't laugh at me," I whined again. "I'm getting offa here. You're making fun of me. Goodbye." I hung up and slid my phone in my crossbody bag.

"Can I help you, Miss?"

"Yeah, uh, I'm friends with Niall," I stammered. "He said he put my name on a list or something. It's Sullivan Hetfield."

The big, scary looking security man spoke into his little walkie talkie in a hushed voice. A few seconds later a voice came back and said I was okay to go through. "You're good, Miss. Do you need me to help you find your way around?" He questioned.

Shaking my head, I said, "No, I know my way around. Thank you though." And with that, I stepped inside the air conditioned building and took many turns before making it into the arena area.

—I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah,
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah,
I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah

Yeah, we were together summer '09,
Wanna roll back like pressing rewind,
You were mine and we never said goodbye

I used to think that I was better alone (better alone),
Why did I ever wanna let you go? (let you go),
Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea (stared at the sea),
The words you whispered I will always believe


One of the boys started poking one of the others as they sang which caused them to mess up. The floor seats were already set up, so I took a seat at the very back and watched.

"Oi!" The one in the Batman shirt yelled. "You stepped on my foot, you fat arse!"

The skinny one with what looked like light brown, messy hair over dramatically gasped. "Well I never!" He exclaimed. "Fuck you!"

"Now, now, children." Niall chuckled. "There's no need to start acting like the child of the group." He coughed. "Harry!" He coughed again.

The curly haired ones head snapped in Niall's direction. "Heeey!" That got them all laughing again. I took that as my chance to get closer and make my appearance known.

"If this is what your actual concerts entail, I'd have to get my money back," I spoke up. "Not my cup of tea. Pun intended."

The only way to get over this nervous feeling was sarcasm. I was a friendly person and sarcasm was something I often used as a fall back. My words caught the attention of the band and the five boys who did all the singing.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm more into the hard rock, mosh pit, guitar shredding, kind of concerts," I replied. "Preferably Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold."

Niall's face changed from confusion to a huge smile. "Sullivan?"

"In the flesh!" I did a little pose making him chuckle. He handed his microphone to the Batman shirt guy and hopped off the stage. "You're early. If I had known you'd be early I would've cut rehearsals short," he spoke.

I waved it off. "S'all good. My shoot got finished early so I thought I'd surprise you," I said. He grinned at that and what he did next surprised me. He hugged me.

His bandmates started mumbling behind us. I caught a few words and resisted the urge to roll my eyes. They sounded like animals. My dad would have a field day with that. Before I opened my mouth and popped an attitude, which I got from my father, I took a deep breath and counted to ten in my head.

Be nice, Sullivan. You don't know these people. Make a good first impression.

"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you," I spoke after he released me. He grinned, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Me either, but I'm glad you came," he said. "Come on. I want you to meet the guys."

He tried to help me up on the stage, but I didn't need any help. My dad had taken me to so many of his rehearsals and allowed me to go all over the place. Jumping off the stage as my favorite thing to do as a kid and climbing back up was a challenge I took. As I got older, I got taller and the challenge became less of a challenge. Now all I had to do was pull myself up there with my arms. He shook his head as he pulled himself up too. Standing up, I wiped my hands on the thighs of my pants and grinned at him.

"Lads, come here. I want you to meet Sullivan." The four boys with the mics came over to us. Not going to lie, they were all gorgeous. Now I know why my little sisters liked them so much and fawned over them all the time.

"That's Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn," he introduced. "Guys, this is Sullivan."

Hi," I greeted with a wave. "Nice to finally meet you guys."

"Are you the girl who's been with, like, a massive amount of famous blokes in the last year or so?" The one now known as Louis asked. That made me laugh. He's trying to make me feel uncomfortable. But I was a new person and I knew what it was like to be famous and have new people come into your life. You had to keep your guard up at all times.

"Actually, no, I'm not. I haven't been with a guy in a few years," I answered. "But thanks for the concern."