Status: indefinite hiatus

Serendipity

Let's runaway, just for the day

August 5, 2013

This house had never been in such a frenzy before. It was nearing the end of the summer and we always had a end of the summer cook-out. We went all out. We got hamburgers and hot dogs, stuff for s'mores, had a bonfire, swam, sat around the fire and played songs. It was just a fun time. Of course, my dad's bandmates and my uncles Lars, Kirk, and Robert all came and brought their wives/girlfriends. Beckett always came and so did a few of my younger siblings friends. It was a huge deal.

This year Beckett brought her current boyfriend which I had no interest in nor was I very fond of him. He was a douchebag and I didn't like douchebags. Plus, he totally cheated on her when she was off jetting around the world for work. But anywho, since she invited him, I figured I'd invite a few other people I knew. And seeing as I had only hung out with Niall once, I invited him. He was a little worried about my dad and uncles, but when I told him he could bring a friend he perked up.

"Hey Dad," I started. "Is it okay if I invite a few more people?"

He nodded, flipping the burgers on the grill. "Yeah. We got plenty of food and drinks."

Hey! My dad okayed it, so bring whoever you want!

Bring your elastic pants because we're gonna stuff food down your gullet like it's the last supper!


Awesome! I'm just going to bring Liam. He's been dying to meet your dad. Says he's a big fan.


Sounds good!

Wait... does he have a man crush on my dad?


Theres a possibility.


Bahaha! But for real, this shindig is taking place right now. Get your butt here before the food disappears!


We still have a half hour left of rehearsal, but as soon as we get done, I'll have a driver bring us. Just send me your address.


"Who're you texting?" My uncle Kirk dropped down in the lawn chair beside me with a beer in hand. I shrugged, turning my phone away from him. "No one," I replied quickly.

That made him smirk. "Are you texting a boy?" My face must have turned a bright red because he started laughing. "You are! I need to meet him; get to know him and see what his intentions are."

I covered my face. "I'm not interested in him, Kirk," I spoke, my voice muffled by my hands. "Niall is just a friend."

"If you say so." He chuckled. "I still need to actually meet him."

Last night my dad and them had their concert. Zayn, Niall, and Harry were the only ones who came. Niall told me that Liam and Louis's girlfriends had made surprise visits, so they stayed back at the hotels. The guys had gotten to know the three that came like they would a normal person. But now that Kirk thinks I have some sort of crush on one of them,

Oh god. Maybe inviting Niall was a bad idea. I didn't think this through. This was a horrible idea. Could I text him and say it got canceled? Maybe tell him that I started puking and am bed-ridden. Or maybe I could tell him that my house burnt down. You know, nothing too drastic, just any normal day occurrence.

"I, uh, I need to go to the store." I hopped up and speed walked into the house. My purse was hanging from the rack by the front door, so I grabbed that and the keys to one of my dad's many cars. Of course it wasn't one of his babies aka the cars he rebuilt and collected, it was to his brand new Escalade.

It took me all of twenty five minutes to get to the Staples Center. With my dad's face making appearances here during his music career, I was let in without any questions. All I had to do was flash a laminated card that allowed me to get in to any game and/or concert I wanted. Security wasn't as thick as it normally would be during a concert, so it was easier to get through.

"Niall has a date!" That was the first thing I heard when I stepped into the big arena.

"I do not!" Niall shouted into his mic. "Shut up, Louis!"

Everyone on the stage got a laugh out of that. They must like to tease him. Poor Niall. "He's blushing. I think he's blushing," another one teased. They continued to tease him so I whipped out my phone.

I might possibly be at the Staples Center.

In the arena listening to your bandmates tease you.


A phone chimed up on stage and Niall got his out of his pocket. He looked up and around, before looking down and typing.

Shit. Okay. I'll leave now. Just start heading out.


"'M leavin' early," Niall spoke, as I turned to head for the door. "What for? Did we make you mad? Are your Princess knickers in a twist?"

"Sod off!"

I climbed in my car and rolled the windows down. It was going to be a nice night. I hope by the time we got back to my house that there was still food left. Lord knows everyone there eats as much as a whole army. It was insane. The door opening and closing shook me from my thoughts.

"Hi, sorry about that," Niall greeted. "They're right twats."

I chuckled. "Hi, it's fine. I know how that goes."

&&&

Niall

"So who's ready for some music around the bonfire?" Everyone cheered at Sullivan's words. Jame and Kirk had their guitars out. Robert and Lars were sitting this one out and sipping on some pints. Beckett, Sullivan's best mate, sat down beside me in her own lawn chair and nudged my arm. "Might wanna record this, lover boy," she spoke.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

"Because she never sings in front of anyone except her Dad and the other guys," she replied. "This is a once in a lifetime situation." Not asking anymore questions, I whipped out my iPhone and went to the camera. I hit record right as James and Kirk started playing. I remembered hearing the same cords being played last night at their concert.

"It's Nothing Else Matters," Beckett whispered. I nodded, not bothering to verbally reply. As soon as Sullivan started [url=m.youtube.com/watch?v=_v786IWx0Cg ]singing,[/url] I knew she had indeed inherited her dads talent.

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters—


Dude, where are you?


I ignored Louis's text and kept recording.

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
No nothing else matter


Everyone clapped when they finished. I ended the recording and slipped my phone back in my pocket before she noticed what I had been doing. She moved from beside her dad and came to sit beside me. Her grin was directed toward me. I grinned back. "That was awesome, Sully."

"Thanks!" She took a sip of her drink. "Hey, wanna get out of here?"

Thirty minutes later and we were on a big hill that overlooked the whole city. We laid on the hood of the car with our eyes trained on the sky. It wasn't very often that I got to stop and smell the roses. Touring nine months out of the year and doing interviews and promo stuff added on, didn't leave all that much time to do anything. I didn't have a lot of time with my family. The last few years I had spent ninety nine percent of it with the lads. So now, here with Sullivan looking up at the stars covering California, I was cherishing every second.

"I don't get to do this a lot," Sullivan commented. I let out a sigh. "Me either. But it's nice."

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I fished it out and swiped my finger across the screen. It was Louis again.

Dude, where the bloody hell are you?


With Sullivan. Same as when I left sound check earlier.


"Are they summoning you?"

"What?" Sullivan laughed. She motioned to my phone. "Are your keepers summoning you?" I shook my head. Keepers. That sounded about right.

"Not quite," I mumbled. "Louis is texting me asking where I am."

&&&

Sullivan

If there was one thing I disliked about being a model, it was having someone texting or calling, asking where I was at all hours of the day. That would be one of the things that I would change in a heartbeat. Everyone was up my butt 24/7 about everything. They had to know where I was. What time I was getting home. What time I got there. Who I went with. What I had for dinner. When I went to the bathroom. When I had a romantic love interest. How I paid for stuff. Who I was texting. Who I was calling. I had it worse then a teenager who just got their license.

"Can you imagine how everyone would take it if we just disappeared for a day or two?"

Niall got a good laugh at my words. I did too though. Imagining how people would react is quite entertaining. They'd send out the damn National Guard to look for us. "That would be a disaster." He laughed.

"Let's do it," I stated, causing him to look at me as if I had three heads. "Let's go MIA for a few days."

He was dumbfounded for a few seconds. But it didn't take him long to come to his senses. "I can't," he spoke, shaking his head. "I've got a job to do. I have four concerts to do this week."

I grinned. "Then after. My dad and uncles have this cabin up in Big Bear that they use for recording albums. I swiped a spare key. We can go up there and chill for a week."

It wasn't necessarily my best idea, but in my mind, it was a pretty damn good one. Our lives were nonstop. We didn't slow down for anything. And everyone knew what we were doing and when we were doing it. Most of 'everyone' were fans and paparazzi. So holing myself up in a cabin in the woods for a week, sounded like the best idea. Niall however, didn't seem to know what to think about my invitation.

"You don't have to," I rushed out. "I'm going after your concert on the tenth, so the offer will still be on the table."

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
Spends his nights in California, watching the stars.

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
When I look at the stars, I feel like myself.


&&&

August 10, 2013

"Thanks for having us California! It was a blast! See ya next time!"

I quickly tore the earphones out of my ears and stuffed them in my crossbody Chanel purse. The five boys I had gotten to know over the past few weeks came running off the stage, sweaty and smiling. I greeted them with a grin and the one thing every performer wanted to hear when they came off stage. "You guys did amazing!"

"Thanks love," they all echoed. They all grabbed water bottles the backstage people handed them and chugged half of them. Niall came over to stand by me. "I'm, uh, gonna get going," I spoke, tossing a thumb over my shoulder. "I've got a long drive ahead of me."

He nodded. "Is your offer still on the table?"

A smile, so big it hurt, appeared on my face. He let out a hearty chuckle. "Of course!" A few people looked over causing me to blush and speak in a quieter tone. "Of course."

"Great. I've got me bags back in me hotel. Want to drive me back there and then we can go?"

I grinned, bouncing on my feet. "Come on then! Let's go!" I grabbed his hand and practically dragged him out of the arena. We bid the guys goodbye before hopping in my car. It took us ten minutes to get to his hotel and five minutes for him to get his bags, then we started on our trip.

'Niall and Sullivan go missing for a week' trip.

That's a good name for it.

Sully Love @SullivanLayne
Do you ever think about running away
'Cause I was thinkin' about leavin' today

Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
We'll follow forever where our hearts wanna go
Maybe we'll live somewhere where nobody knows our names


I couldn't help but laugh at that. "You know you've found a good friend when they tweet the next line of lyrics of the song you just tweeted."

He held out his knuckles which made me almost bust out laughing. But I didn't let him just sit there like a complete idiot. I knuckle bumped him and shook my head. "We're a bunch of nerds."

He grinned. "But we're good looking nerds!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope yall had a very happy thanksgiving and ate enormous amounts of food and gained an enormous amount of weight! I know I did. But anywho, thank you so much for waiting patiently for me to update. Working retail during the holiday season is incredibly stressful and time consuming, so updates may be few and far between in the next months or so.