Unseen

o1/o1

It was so loud in the small house that she had a hard time hearing herself thing. She stood far off to the side with her back flush against the wall as to prevent herself from getting in anyone’s way. Over the years she’d learned that this was the best means of staying out of the way. Grab your drink and then immediately locate a wall that wasn't being preoccupied by a table of food or other party goers. That coupled with her usual choice of attire, typically something floral, she had been dubbed the wall flower in her group of friends. The nickname never really bothered her, because it really did fit her well, at least in large social situations. When given the chance though, she was much more boisterous around a few close friends at a time. But even those were hard to come by. Although she loved all of her friends dearly few of them took the time to discover that side her and the ones who had were slowly moving away.

These days she had learned to respond to questions with simple answers as the people lost interest after the first two words out of her mouth. She wanted to be social, she really did, but people like that made it harder and harder for her to break out of her shell. And top it off, she recently found out one of her closest friends was moving to another country, which was the whole point of the party. They were sending the girl in question off with what could possibly be their last goodbye and she hadn't seen her all night.

She felt more alone than ever and no one she knew would understand. Maybe it was time for her to move on as well. Time to see what the world had to offer her. Say goodbye to old memories and make new ones with new people far away from there. It was a nice enough thought. One she had contemplated every time one of her friends moved away, but not one she had ever acted upon. The unknown frightened and excited her at the same time. She wanted to find a place that she could finally call home with friends who never leave her, but that was just a dream. For now she would try to enjoy the party as she sipped on her soda and observed the people around her. The people that never seemed to notice the small yet strong flower plastered against the wall.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's definitely not my best, but I haven't written anything in a while. So this is me soaking my feet and trying to get back into the groove of things.