Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Ten

Vic's P.O.V

I was waiting outside for Mike and Kellin to arrive, what Mike told me last night was really messing with my head, What if Kellin does move on? I mean, their's plenty of other people who are a lot better than me, I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be hurt, yeah, but as long as he's happy, right? Besides he's way out of my league, he's precious, I'm not, he's funny, I'm not, he has all of these brilliant values that I'll never even come close to. No, I couldn't do that to him, I can't let him be with me, no. He's much more than I am and I'd be dammed if he and I came together. We can't be-

"Hey bro, what's wrong?" Mike asked, looking worried.

I shook my head, "N-nothing, just thinking."

He shrugged it off, "Your prince awaits," he motioned towards the car, sure enough Kellin was seated in there, an exited smile on his face.

I nodded, standing up to walk over to the car, "Hey, Kellin." I muttered.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

I nodded quickly, "Yeah, yeah, fine. Look, I'm gonna have to cancel on today."

He looked disappointed, "Oh, okay I guess." he mumbled.

"See ya around," I walked away, not even waiting for his response, I kept walking, making my way past a very confused looking Mike.

"I thought you guys were going somewhere today?" he asked, I just shrugged, going up to my room and locking the door.

I need to distance myself from him; maybe then my feelings towards him will go away. He'll come to his senses that he could do much better than me. I don't care, I just want him to be happy - and I'm afraid I wont be the happiness he deserves, that's all.

Kellin's P.O.V

I sat there trying to process what had just happened, he didn't look as happy as he usually would; that little glint in his eyes wasn't there. What the hell happened? I looked to the backseat of my car, the little gift box sitting there intently. I groaned, leaning my head forward and accidentally hitting the horn in the process. What had I done?

I saw Mike half running, half walking...jogging over to my car, standing by the passengers window, "What the hell happened?" he asked.

"I don't know, he just canceled, said bye, then walked away.." I mumbled, "What about the present?" I reminded him.

He sighed loudly, he'd helped me pick out a present for Vic, he said it'd be prefect and everything, "I'll have a talk with him, you just- just don't worry about it alright? He sometimes gets into these moods, I just need to find out what's triggering it." he rubbed his temples.

I smiled weakly, "Thanks, Mike."

"No problem, now you should get going, see you tomorrow." he waved.

I just nodded, backing out of their driveway and heading home, present still sitting in the backseat.

<^^>

It was nearing midnight though I still hadn't gotten a call from Mike or Vic for that matter, I keep feeling like I'd done something wrong...maybe I was rushing into things too quickly, or maybe he just didn't like me? I was pulled out of my thoughts by my ring tone, Vic's name flashing across the screen, I reached over quickly and answered it, "Hey." I mumbled.

"Hi, uh- sorry for canceling or whatever." he muttered.

I shook my head, forgetting he wasn't here, "No, it's alright. You were probably busy," or at least that's what I keep telling myself, maybe he was just stressed out about something.

"Well, actually, that's not- it's not t-the case." he stated.

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I don't think we should be friends anymore, Kellin."

I'm not sure what I was feeling right now, I mean, it's not like we were in a relationship, though that's kind of what I was going to ask him today, I guess it's not happening now...."Why not?"

"We just can't, sorry." he stated blankly.

Why am I feeling heartbroken? I felt a lump in my throat, though I just cleared it quickly, "Vic what's going on, did I do something wrong? Was I moving things too qui-"

"No, just- I don't know, just don't, bye." he stumbled on his words, hanging up quickly.

I sat there, reaching over for the little box now sitting on my bed, opening it slowly and pulling out the two thin rectangular shaped tickets. I'd gotten him two tickets to San Diego, Mike said something about an 'Important Event' that comes up every year, but that Vic wouldn't be able to attend because he couldn't quite afford it. I put the tickets back in, closing the box then just staring at it, I began getting frustrated, starring at the stupid box, so I just flung it across the room. Not like anyone's here to hear my little rampage anyway, right? I was getting angry, quickly. Screaming at the top of my lungs at no one in particular, picking up whatever my hands could reach and just throwing it, letting whatever it was hit whatever it could.

That went on for about twenty minutes, until I heard some frantic knocking at the front door. I really didn't want to answer it, but the more I ignored it; the louder it got. I trudged down the stairs loudly, opening it with an impatient look on my face, "What?" I asked the person on the other side, not really caring to see who it was.

"Are you alright?" I heard the familiar sound of Jack's voice, "You know, I could see you throwing shit and all..." he added after a short moment of silence.

I sighed, "I'm dandy, Jack." was all I said.

"Their's tears at the brim of your eyes, Kellin." he confronted me.

I rolled my eyes, "So, what's the big deal? Kellin feels." I stated, realizing how stupid my words sounded, but shrugging it off.

"Will you just tell me what happened?" He urged.

I already knew he wouldn't give up, so why not? "Vic asked me to hang out today, I got him tickets to San Diego because I was going to ask him to be my, like, boyfriend, I go over after school, he called a few minutes ago practically telling me not to speak to him anymore, happy?" I crossed my arms over my chest, biting the inside of my lip really hard.

"Why the fuck does he not want you to speak to him anymore?" Jack asked, audibly angry.

I shrugged, "Beats me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mess to pick up." I motioned upstairs.

"Alright, take it easy alright, Vic's a prick."

I chuckled lightly, "I wish."

<^^>

Mike's P.O.V


"What do you mean you told him you couldn't be friends anymore, Vic?!" I yelled, I'm pretty sure I was getting a little more than angry, but really, what was he thinking?

He sighed loudly, "It's none of your business, Mike. Go away." he waved me off with his hand.

"It is my business Kellin's my friend, and you're my older brother, now fix this!" I exclaimed.

He shook his head, "I'm afraid I can't do that, Mikey."

"And why the hell not?!" I asked, staring at him in disbelief.

He looked at me like the answer was the most obvious thing in the world, he opened his mouth, closing it quickly, "It's none of your business, go away." he put on his headphones and that was pretty much my cue to leave.

I gave him one last look over, rolling my eyes and walking out of the room.

Fuck.

<^^>

I woke up and got ready the next day, I wasn't expecting for Kellin to be out there, but sure enough he was. It didn't really look like he wanted to be there though, his hair was a mess, his clothes were baggy, and the bottom of his eyes were outlined black, I frowned at the sight, moving over closer, "Did you even try this morning?" I asked, in a joking matter, just to try and ruin the mood or something.

He shook his head, "Nah. Is it that obvious?" he looked down at his attire.

I restrained myself from scoffing, "Kind of, yeah." I nodded slowly.

He groaned, "Whatever, let's go." he muttered under his breath.

I got in quickly, throwing my backpack under my seat, Kellin didn't look like he was going to talk anytime soon, so I just sat there and thought.

Vic says he likes him, then all out of nowhere he just cuts everything off. It's fucking stupid because he knows Kellin liked him! Or likes, whatever, same thing either way.

Kellin's P.O.V

I can't stop thinking about what I could've done, maybe he just didn't want to be seen with some High Schooler? No, that's ridiculous, he only graduated last year, besides I should be out in a few months as well.

What if I said something that may have angered him? I mean, he never really did look angry about anything I'd ever said, unless he's just really good at hiding it or something.

Nothing makes sense and this is all just so dumb, Jesus, I mean, how am I supposed to fix anything if I don't know what I'm meant to be fixing? It's like sending a repair man to some busted up house and not letting him know what he's meant to fix. (If that makes sense) I groaned in frustration, forgetting that Mike was sitting right next to me.

"Hey, it'll be alright, he'll come to his senses." he reassured me.

You know? I don't even know why I'm making a big deal out of it in all honesty, I just kind of assumed he liked me back, I mean, the blushing and all of that. It's not like he ever said he liked me back so why do I even care? I should just get over it and move on, right? If he was able to just cut me off that quickly, then I should be able to move on just as fast, "It's alright, I just need gas." I wasn't completely lying, I did need gas.

He gave me a strange look, "Oh." was all he mumbled.

<^^>

My day overall consisted of me thinking and such, people giving me strange looks because of my attire, and whatnot. It's whatever though, a week from now I should be back to myself, before Vic came into my life, and I'll be happy, I think. "Hey Mike, give this to Vic, please?" I handed him the gift box, I wasn't going to just leave it here, and I sure as hell was not going to San Diego, so why not?

"You still want to give it to him?" he asked, looking a bit skeptical.

I nodded, "Yeah, an important date, he must really need them, just tell him they're from you or something." I added.

He looked down at it, "Are you sure?" he squint his eyes at me.

"Positive, now go on," I motioned towards his house.

He nodded, looking unsure, "Alright then...."

Vic's P.O.V

I was sitting down on my bed, writing song lyrics, I had a pretty good idea about who the song was about, but, whatever, 'So what if I can't forget you? I'll burn your name into my throat I'll be the fire that'll catch you,' sounds good, I guess.

This whole 'cutting Kellin out of my life' wasn't as great as I thought it would be, I feel extremely guilty, I keep waiting for my phone to vibrate or something to let me know that he's sent me a cute little text message, only to remember I wouldn't be getting anymore of those anytime soon.

There was a knock on my door, "Hey Vic, can I come in?" it was Mike...

"Uh, yeah sure." I called out.

He walked in with a small box in hand, "This is for you," he tossed it at me, I caught it, surprisingly.

"What is it?" I asked, looking down at it curiously.

He rolled his eyes, "You gotta open it to find out,"

I lifted the lid carefully, no way, "Mike how the hell did you manage to...." I stared at them in complete awe.

"They aren't from me, they're from Kellin. He was going to give them to you yesterday, but."

My eyes shot up, "How did he know?"

"I helped him pick them out, I mean, you can't miss a best friends birthday, right?" he smiled softly.

I just stared down at the box, Wow, I really fucked up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very long, I think. Oh and many, many, view changes I might as well had made it third point of view, I'm sorry.

So yeah, it's pretty bad in my opinion. ;-;