Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Twelve

"Kellin hurry up, our flight leaves at one thirty and we still need to pick up Mike!" Vic called out, he'd spent the night over - something that had become a thing since the first time they did it, i just kind of stuck, no sex or anything, just cuddling. Neither had a problem with it, they wanted to wait until both were ready.

Kellin sighed loudly on the other side of the door, "Just give me a second, I misplaced my toothbrush!" he began moving things around, making a lot of noise, he didn't mind though; not like anyone was sleeping.

Vic scoffed, "How in the world do you - you know what, never mind. I'm gonna take out stuff to the car, alright?" he trudges out of the house, placing the two luggages in the trunk, pulling his phone out to make sure Mike was ready.

To: Mike,
You ready? We'll be heading over in like 10 min.


From: Mike,
I have been ready for the past hour, hrry up im hungry!!! ]:<


To: Mike,
haha ok, just wait a few kellin lost his toothbrush


From: Mike,
how the hell did he manage to loose his tb?


He was about to reply when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked back at Kellin. He was holding up a blue toothbrush, flashing his amazing smile, "Ready to go?" Kellin asked, "I um, it was in the cup."

"You dork," Vic smiled, "Now, let's go before Mike eats a human."

<^^>

They settled on iHop for breakfast, seeing they only had about an hour to get to the Airport, it was only a few minutes away, "So are you excited?" Mike directed his question towards Vic and Kellin.

"Yeah, I'm really excited." Vic smiled, he was glad he didn't have to miss one of his best friend's birthdays, he'd never missed one before and he was glad he didn't have to this year.

Kellin smiled as well, "Yeah I'm pretty excited, who's birthday is it anyway?" all Vic had told him was that it was a close friends, he never really specified who it was though whenever he'd asked the oldest of the two would change the subject.

Mike glanced over at Vic, giving him a look, Vic just shrugged, "You'll see who it is when we get there."

Kellin just nodded, unsure of himself, "Okay then," he mumbles, "Are you excited, Mike?" he changes the subject quickly.

"Hell yeah, I've been waiting to see them since we left. Kellin, you are gonna love them." he nodded enthusiastically, stuffing food in his mouth.

Kellin grinned, "If they're anything like you two I'm sure I will." he stated, confidentially.

"Yeah, just try to not to develop a crush on them." Mike snickered, earning a glare from Kellin.

<^^>

They were all locating their seats a lot sooner than they'd expected, Vic took notice of Kellin's jitters, "Are you alright?" he asked, taking the seat next to the window seat.

"Uh-yeah, yeah..." he gulped nervously, "I just may be a teeny bit afraid of heights." he confessed, sounding nervous, "I mean," he looked over at the empty seat Vic had left open for him, "These go up pretty high and all." he chuckled, nervously.

Vic's eyebrows shot up, "Here, let me just," he moved over to the window seat,"You can sit in the middle." he was still concerned though, letting him sit in the middle wasn't going to make him forget he was a few miles off the ground, "You sure, you, um, want to do this?" Kellin didn't want him to worry about it, so he forced a smile and nodded, though Vic see past it, "It'll be alright, Kells," he murmured with a reassuring smile.

Mike walked on a few seconds later, earning an expectant stare from Vic, "Cute flight attendant." he shrugged, smiling cheekily.

Kellin shook his head, "Try and keep your dick in your pants." he joked, earning a playful pout from Mike.

"I don't think that's possible." Vic mumbled.

<^^>

They were all standing outside in the pickup area for some Jaime dude to show up, Kellin began feeling nervous, What if his friends don't like me? he asked himself, "It's warm over here." he mumbled, peeling his sweater off.

Mike nodded, "That's San Diego for ya." Vic nodded in agreement, sending a small smile towards Kellin's direction.

Kellin smiled back, "Will we be staying at one of your friends place or something?"

Vic nodded, "Yeah, we would've gotten a motel, but-"

"Mike! Vic!" some guy with spiky hair interrupted, he was kind of built, with dimples and all; he was cute, Kellin thought.

Mike's face broke out into a grin, "Dude!" he ran into him and gave him a 'bro-hug', "Where's Tony?" he asked while the spiky hair dude hugged Vic.

"Oh, he's waiting at the house, Tori's there too." he grinned, looking over at Kellin.

Vic walked over, "Jaime, this is Kellin, Kellin this is Jaime." he introduced us.

Kellin stuck out his hand, but Jaime went in for a bone crushing hug, "It's nice to finally meet the guy Vic wont stop talking about!" he exclaimed, Kellin didn't miss the slight blush on Vic's face.

"Nice to meet you too," he responded politely.

"Now let's go, we got a shit load of munchies and all," Jaime grinned.

They all followed him towards his car, Kellin's anxiousness growing by the second.

<^^>

After they all practically attacked Vic and Mike, and greeted Kellin, of course, they found themselves sitting in Tony's basement, it looked kind of like a man cave in all honesty, "So what are you guys doing tomorrow?" Tony asked, sitting on one of the love seats, Jaime sitting next to him, legs sprawled out all over his thighs.

"I'm gonna catch up with you guys, Vic's got some things to do with Kellin, and then...well, I'm not sure." Mike rubbed his chin, deep in thought.

Kellin looked up at Vic, noting that the other's had gone onto another conversation about how Mike looses his memory easily, "What are we doing tomorrow?" ha asked Vic, he honestly didn't even know they had plans.

"It's my friends birthday," Vic smiled softly at Kellin.

Kellin's eyes brightened up, "Are we going to like a party?" he asked, enthusiastically, Kellin liked parties whether they were little kid's birthday parties - or high school parties, he was always up for any kind to be honest.

Vic frowned, "Not exactly." he mumbled.

Kellin caught on, "Oh," he thought about why Vic's face had fallen as quick as it had, "Should we get them a present?" he offered.

"I don't really think we should." Vic stated, looking deep in thought.

Kellin was about to speak up when Tori spoke for what seemed like the first time that whole night, "Have you ever noticed that half of the things people say Gandhi said are words that never even left his mouth?" she asked, looking completely confused.

The guys starred at her with amused faces, guess she did this often, "You think too much." Jaime mumbled, tossing the loose thread he's just been playing with; it didn't go far, but it was pretty much just a piece of string.

She chuckled getting up from her position on the floor, "I'm gonna step out for a few." she walked away with a cup in her left hand, leaving her phone behind, Kellin wondered why she would feel the need to step out if it wasn't for a phone call, though he decided to ignore it when he heard his name pipe up in the conversation.

"-mean, how did you manage to get him to speak to you?" Jaime continued, "Before he left he was like an anti-social butterfly, like a moth."

Vic scoffed, "That was uncalled for," he rolled his eyes.

Jaime shrugged, "Your face is uncalled for." he retorted, using the typical elementary comeback.

"What are we, seven?" Vic asked, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Your mom." Jaime chuckled.

Vic glared at him, "Shut up,"

"Your mom's not seven." Kellin assured him, patting his knee supportively, a playful smile playing at his lips.

Mike yawned, "We should get to sleep now, that fucking plane was the most uncomfortable thing ever." he groaned, Kellin and Vic nodding in agreement.

Tori walked back in a few seconds later, looking terrified, "Okay, why did nobody tell me the neighbors got a dog?!" her eyes were wide.

Tony chuckled, "I thought you liked puppies." he smiled cheekily.

She glared at him, "No, that wasn't a puppy, that was a damn bear!" she ran a hand down her face in frustration.

<^^>

Flashback, 13 years ago. Vic's P.O.V

"This party is so cool!" Vic exclaimed, snapping at the little rubber thing the party hat had on it.

Mitch nodded enthusiastically, "I know right! We have a moon jump and everything!" he grinned.

"You throw the best parties, I'll never miss one, I promise!" Vic stuck out his pinkie, making a really important commitment to his friend.

Mitch entwined his pinkie with Vic's, "Never, at all?" he asked, just for the reassurance.

Vic nodded quickly, "I promise!"


And Vic never did miss any of Mitch's parties, not even when it wasn't a party, just a small get together, he always kept his promises and that's why Mitch decided to keep him around, plus he was possibly the only person that didn't scowl at him while walking down the halls or whatever. They had grown close, closer than any of your average bestfriends, not close enough to be considered a thing, but they were almost there, alright.

Vic woke up with a loud thud on the floor, followed by a groan; eyes snapping up instantly involuntarily. He looked, but wasn't able to find the source that is until he looked down of course. None other than Kellin was sprawled out on the floor, rubbing his head and looking around as if the basement were alien. Tony had let them sleep on the bed they had down there, the basement was nice, so they agreed to share, though, the bed wasn't as big as you'd expect, "Kellin you alright?" he asked, patting the pale boys' shoulder, "Come on." he lifted him effortlessly, pulling him close to himself.

Kellin stirred a bit, mumbling a quick "I'm so tired," before resting his head on Vic's arm as if it were a pillow, he brought one of his arms up and draped it across Vic's stomach, enjoying the warmth that radiated off of him.

Vic hugged him close, "We still got about an hour." he informed him, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Kellin just frowned in his sleep, Vic finding the action adorable - like most of his actions. Vic had realized that he and this guy were probably going further than expected; he assumed a relationship, but he has him all the way over in San Diego.

<^^>

Vic woke Kellin up an hour later, after a few long minutes of him calling his name and the other groaning he finally woke up, blinking rapidly, "Is it necessary that we go this early?" he asked, his voice croaky.

Vic nodded, "Yeah, I like to go when it opens because there isn't many people." he smiled lightly, pulling a beanie over his head. Kellin just nodded, not really sure where this place was, "I'm going to go upstairs, you get ready," he tossed some clothes at Kellin, "Toothbrush is already in the bathroom." he motioned towards the door to their right, which Kellin suspected was the restroom.

Kellin nodded again, "Okay, I'll be out in a few." he informed Vic.

Vic smiled, trudging up the stairs, taking two at a time, being greeted by Mike on the other side, "You happy to see Mitch today?" Mike asked with a grin.

Vic nodded enthusiastically, "I've been looking forward to this for quite some time now...since last year actually." he replied with a chuckle.

Mike chuckled as well, "Happy for you."

Vic opened his mouth to speak when an all-too-excited Jaime leaped onto the couch, head resting on his hand, other hand holding onto his bicep, his legs were up on the couch as well, crossed in the type of way a girl would have them, "Paint me like one of your French girls." he said in a mock, seductive tone, it was terrible really.

Mike broke out into fits of laughter, Vic following, then a tired looking Tori walked in, "What's going on in here?" she asked with an amused expression on her face, the three guys were practically doubled over, red faces with tears coming out of their eyes. She'd gotten used to it, usually whatever they were laughing at wasn't as funny as they'd make it sound.

"Jaime's an idiot." Mike managed to mutter, grin still evident on his face.

She nodded, "Tell us something we don't know."

Kellin waltzed in a few seconds later, "Ready." he motioned towards his attire, Vic had chosen his clothes out and all.

"Let's go, we can get breakfast afterwards, I know this great diner." Vic offered an excited grin, he was excited to finally see Mitch again.

Kellin nodded, "Sounds good," he smiled, walking over to the door behind Vic, "Bye everyone," they mumbled in unison.

They received a wave of, "Bye losers," and "Adios!" from the guys, and Tori.

<^^>

They drove over in silence, the only sound coming from the radio, Vic's tapping on the steering wheel, and Kellin's little humming along.

A few minutes later he spoke up, "We have about thirty minutes left." he informed Kellin.

Kellin just nodded, taking in the streets of San Diego. It didn't even seem that long until they arrived to their destination, Kellin had fallen asleep a little while after Vic informed him how much time they had left, "Kells, wake up." Vic nudged his shoulder softly, he was nervous about what Kellin would think when he saw where they were, even more nervous about how he'd react.

Kellin started stirring slowly, eyes opening a few seconds later. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he took note of where they were,

"Why are we at the cemetery?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is messy, I know.

and I'm pretty sure you all already knew that Mitch was, like, you know... I'm sorry.