Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Thirteen

Kellin's P.O.V

Vic just starred at me expectantly, waiting for me to piece everything together.

Then it clicked.

Everything.

"Oh," Kellin mumbled, "Vic, I...I - I'm sorry." I offered not really sure how this worked, I never was never really a big fan of cemeteries I found it creepy- being surrounded by a lot of other dead bodies.

Vic frowned, "Why are you apologizing, it's not your fault?"

"I just- I kept pestering you about it, sorry I didn't know." I practically rambled out.

He seemed to shake it off, starring out into nothing for a few seconds before falling back into reality, "Wanna go meet Mitch?" he asked, as if he wasn't sure if I were still up to it.

I nodded, "Yeah."

We got out, the warm air hitting my cheek slightly, Vic took my hand in his, leading up to the gate. It was nice out here, not too crowded or anything, the grass was green, trees sprawled out randomly. We came to a stop in front of a rather large tombstone reading, ' Mitchell Adam Lucker' in big letters, it was nice, really.

Vic sat down in front of it, patting the spot next to him which I gladly took, "Kellin, this is Mitch." he introduced us, smiling cheekily.

I smiled, "Hello Mitch," wave.

Vic wrapped an arm around my shoulders, leaning onto me, "You know, I really miss him." he whispered, still looking straight ahead.

"I don't blame you," I mumbled, running my hand up and down his arms. I really hope I wasn't stepping a boundary when I opened my mouth again, "How did he...?" I trailed off.

Vic didn't seem phased at all, "The bullying became too much for him, I guess." he shrugged his shoulders.

I tensed at his words, "You two got bullied?"

"All the time," he sighed, "You'd think that because we're in California people would be more accepting, but no. It's always the same goddamn thing." he muttered.

I nodded in agreement, no one picked on me for being bisexual; though I did always here the usual whispers and such, I didn't mind no one really had the guts to confront me personally, so...

We sat there in comfortable silence for quite some time, being interrupted from out little trance when we heard approaching footsteps, Vic was the first to speak, "Oh, Hey Mrs. Lucker." he greeted her politely.

She nodded, having a solemn look in her eyes, she was rather...stiff as if she was trying not to break down in front of us. Vic took this as our cue to leave, "Uh, see you next year," he waved slightly to which she simply just nodded again.

I didn't mean to seem rude or anything, but I was a very curious person, "Does she talk?" I half whispered once we were far away from her.

Vic shook his head, "Not really," he thought for a few seconds, "To a few people only. I mean, her and Mitch were really close."

I just nodded, my mouth forming an 'O' shape, "Um.."

"Let's go eat?" Vic offered.

"Yeah."

<^^>

"Table for two?" he had a bored expression on his face, like he didn't want to necessarily be there. Vic studied her for a few seconds before nodding, he led us to a booth by a large window, setting down two menus.

Vic stared at him again, "Are you one of Mike's friends?" he asked.

He just nodded, walking away. "There goes his tip." I mumbled, not meaning for Vic to hear, but he did of course.

Vic chucked, "He and my brother used to be best friends...I wonder what happened." he made that 'I'm thinking really hard face.

We both sat there talking about nothing in general, well nothing specific, another waiter...waitress came over, she had her hair up and glasses perched at the tip of her nose, "Drinks?" she asked, she was actually smiling which made me smile back at her.

"I'll take a coke," I looked up from my menu, it wasn't on there; but what restaurant doesn't have coke?

"Oh, sorry we only have Pepsi." she waved her hand around, pen flinging everywhere.

Well shit, "Uh, yeah, Pepsi's fine." I nodded, I actually hated it - but whatever.

She scribbled it down quickly, turning her attention to Vic, he still looked undecided so he just said the usual thing people say when they go eat somewhere with someone, "I'll take what he's having," he offered her a small smile.

She smiled back, "Give me like, five minutes." she sauntered off.

"Better than the other guy," I muttered dramatically.

Vic scoffed, "Definitely." he nodded in agreement.

We sat there in silence, it wasn't uncomfortable or anything, other peoples chatter subsiding for a few minutes. My thoughts drifted off to mermaids, mermaids are hella rad, I mean is it a fish? Is it a human? No, it's a mermaid. Who wouldn't wanna be a mermaid?

"The little mermaid," Vic snickered from across me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked chuckling, he nodded in response, "I can't even keep my thoughts to myself anymore," I shook my head faking disappointment.

He shook his head, smiling, "Why were you thinking about mermaids?" he asked curiously.

The waitress came back setting our drinks down, with two straws, "Ready to order?" she asked.

I ordered this one thing that looked really good, Vic hadn't really been paying attention to his menu; so when she showed up he barely started looking over it. In the meantime I decided to play around with my straw. Bitting off one side of the paper thing, pulling the straw out by like an inch, holding onto the edge of the paper and blowing so it wouldn't go flying everywhere - I failed. I'm not sure how, but my thumb slid off the paper and it went flying hitting the guy in the booth behind Vic, "Oh my god." I stated rather loudly.

The waitress laughed, looking over at the guys, "Sorry!" she exclaimed for me. Vic had this amused look on his face. After a few minutes he ordered and she walked away with her perky smile.

"Oh, mermaids are legit the best thing this planet has to offer that's why." I mumbled, taking a sip of Pepsi, hating the way it tasted, I scrunched my nose up subconsciously.

He nodded, seeming unsure, "Are they even real?" he asked, having the same visual expression as me when he took a sip from his drink.

"I'm just going to say yes because once I get into that shit I wont shut up." I stated, trying to keep my cool.

He grinned, "So strange," his grin had turned into a half smile and it that wasn't the hottest thing...

<^^>

We were on out way back to Tony's after stuffing our faces with food. It was actually really good, plus we didn't run into that guy again, so..."I don't wanna hear you gotta boyfriend," I sang softly, "Sometimes, you're better off alone." I continued by just humming along and tapping my fingers on the window. Vic and his friends were going out tonight, I would've gone too but I wasn't really feeling up to it.

"Are you positive? I want you to enjoy your time here." he looked at me seriously.

I nodded, "It's alright," I assured him, "I'll stay with Tori." she'd said something about not going, so why not?

He nodded, locking eyes with me, "Alright, but don't hesitate to call me if anything,"

I smiled, "Okay."

<^^>

"What are you writing?" I asked Tori, she'd been sitting there for the past hour since the guys left groaning in annoyance every time she messed something up.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "I have this stupid assignment for school and I have to write a stupid song." she grumbled, looking at the paper as if it was some venomous creature.

"Can I see it? You know, to help you out and whatnot." I offered, she hesitated a bit before nodding slowly, I read over the paper slowly...all she had were a few lyrics jolted down, I guess for ideas, "I think you should incorporate this one, I pointed at one that caught my attention, 'Welcome to this world where the people lie and the friendships die,' I'm not sure why but it actually sounded really good in my head.

She nodded, "I liked that one too, though that's all I've really came up with, uh..." she grabbed the notebook and flipped a few of the pages, reading what was written on it out loud,

"Welcome to this world where the people lie and the friendships die,
I swear I'm only trying to keep you alive, tonight.
Because nothing compares to the smile on your face,
or the way that your skin glisters under the moonlight." she read, almost silently, her face red. "That's all I've gotten and it's terrible." groan.

"Hey, no, it's actually really good." I assured her.

She smiled, "Really?"

I nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah!" Let's just say we spent the rest of the night finishing the song.

<^^>

Vic's P.O.V

"So Vic, what are you and Kellin?" Jaime asked, taking another large sip of whatever it is he was drinking - it was purple, that's all I know.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I like him, he likes me..." I mumbled, unsure of myself, I just described a couple.

"Are you two in a relationship?" he asked, seeming genuinely interested in my response.

"No."

"And why the hell not?" he raised his eyebrows.

Why not? "Uh, well neither of us have asked one another." I stated, it was true we haven't really been on the topic of relationships; though a relationship with him would be perfect.

Tony nudged my arm, "Then fucking ask him!" he urged, Mike nodding in agreement.

"What if he says no?" I asked cautiously, it was a stupid question, but it's possible for him to deny my request, right?

Mike broke out laughing, "Seriously?" he asked once he'd calmed down, "Kellin likes you more than he likes pizza." he assured me.

I shrugged, "I'll get to it eventually..."

I did want to be the one to ask him, I mean after all I was the older one; besides that I want to be able to hold his hand and give him little kisses whenever I want. Watch him get jealous at guys who stare a bit too long, and I'm willing to put my feelings out in the open if it means just that....Maybe tomorrow? the procrastination side of my mind wondered.

<^^>

I'm not sure what time it was; the guys were all drunk - which is a surprise considering they're all under aged. I, of course, was assigned the designated driver. We all walked into the house quietly, heading off to our 'designated sleeping' areas, I tried to go downstairs as quietly as possible; until I heard the faint sound of a TV, followed by some giggles. I picked up my pace, walking down quickly. Tori and Kellin were sitting on the couch watching some comedy movie, "Hey guys," I greeted them, walking over and taking a seat next to Kellin, he immediately wrapped his arms around my torso.

"Whens the wedding?" Tori asked, smirking.

I flipped her off, hearing her chuckle a bit, "Got to sleep, Tori." I mumbled, cuddling onto Kellin's hair- which by the way always smelled pretty.

"I do what I want," she fussed, getting up anyway, "and right now I want nothing more than to go to sleep." she muttered, walking away.

I felt little vibrations under my head - Kellin's chuckles to be exact, "She's so weird."

"I know." was all I manage to put out before drifting off to sleep. Besides tomorrow should be an interesting day...
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of, sort of just a filler.