Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Fourteen

"So I was hoping I could show you around San Diego today," Vic shifted uncomfortably under Kellin's gaze, he felt strange, "If you want - of course." he added quickly.

Kellin was noticing Vic's weirdness, it wasn't weird though he wasn't acting like he usually would. He seems more...protective? He wasn't sure how to word it, Vic was just acting different, though he found himself nodding anyway, "Sure." he stated, keeping it simple.

Vic felt his hands getting clammy, Kellin was observing him closely; he knew something was up. Shit. If he even thinks to breath improperly this whole afternoon will be ruined, he had to be careful time wise and, well, just in general - he was in fact taking a huge step out of his comfort zone; all he hopes is that it'll be worth it in the end, "Alright, we'll leave at around...Five thirty." He meant to say it as a question, but he couldn't, they had to leave at five thirty, it was mandatory, really.

Kellin nodded slowly, "Okay?"

"Okay." Vic rushed out of the room and into wherever Mike was; he needed advice, now.

Kellin just stood there a bit dumbfounded, but shrugged and continued folding the clothes he'd carelessly thrown earlier, he'd ask Vic about what was going on later.

"Vic what the fuck?" Mike asks his older brother, it honestly looked like he'd just seen a ghost, "You alright?"

Vic nodded, waiting a few seconds to catch his breath, "I need - your advice." he managed to say in between pants.

Mike quirked an eyebrow, it was usually the other way around, "Shoot." he stated, falling back onto the small bed.

"I'm taking Kellin out, I want to ask him out - today." he stated rather nervously, he'd never spoken to Mike about his man problems, this was new; to both of them.

Mike sighed, not really sure how to respond - maybe Kellin would be like the girls he'd dated? Kellin was a bit feminine after all, "Just give him little hints throughout the day, treat him like a princess, or - um, prince, I guess." he chuckled towards the end.

Vic sighed, "So do I like rent a horse or something?"

Mike laughed loudly at his ridiculousness, "Okay, let me just give you an outline on what to do and what to expect -"

<^^>

Kellin still sat in the basement, not really doing anything at all until he heard someone trudging down the wooden steps, "Hey Tori," he greeted her, giving her a slightly awkward smile. She had bed hair and bags under her eyes, she was adorable; in the younger person sense...

She yawned, cupping her hand over her mouth, "Ello." she slumped down on the couch right next to him, "What're you doing?" she asked once she'd noticed the TV wasn't even on, nothing was on, actually.

Kellin shrugged, "I don't know, I'm bored." he whined, "Vic's taking me somewhere at five and he's been acting weird and I don't know what's wrong with him. Oh my god what if he doesn't want to talk to me again? What if he got, like, tired of me or something? Holy shit this is bad, this is not good, no, no. Fu-" he started rambling.

Tori raised her eyebrows, "Kellin, chill." She put a gentle hand on his shoulder, squeezing it lightly, "I'm pretty positive none of that's going to happen." she had some kind of knowing look in her eyes which made Kellin all the more nervous.

"What? How would you know?" he shot back, raising his eyebrows this time.

She chuckled, "Let's just say the Fuentes brothers aren't the best whisperers, they're actually the only reason I am awake right now." she grumbled, folding her arms over her chest, "He tells me to go to sleep, yet there he goes waking me up." she muttered.

Kellin's eyes widened, "What'd they say?!" he screeched, Tori wincing from the sudden noise.

She hissed, "Calm down, it's a secret!" she scolded him, narrowing her eyes playfully, "Just go along with what he tells you to and it'll all be alright." she stated.

"What who tells him?" Vic asked, walking down the steps and looking over at the two.

Kellin chuckled, "What who tells you" he shot back, not really sure where it came from; it was a lame attempt at trying to save his ass.

Vic rolled his eyes fondly, "No seriously though," he mumbled, referring to what he'd heard prior to walking in.

Kellin turned to Tori for help, "Personal problems, he'll talk to you about it later." she shrugged it off.

Personal problems. Vic thought to himself, he turned his attention to Kellin who was just sitting there playing with his fingers, "Well, I'm gonna head out to buy some stuff, I'll be back by five thirty. Promise."

"Can I come?" Kellin asked hopefully.

"No!" Vic shouted on instinct, "I mean, shit - I just, wait here, okay?"

Kellin nodded slowly, a frown taking over his features, "Okay." he mumbled.

<^^>

"Is the blindfold necessary?" Kellin asked, letting the fabric rest on his fingers; he was afraid of the dark. Wow, okay. The only reason he'd been able to sleep lately is because Vic's been right next to him at all times, other than that he can't really be in a room without some source of light and this blindfold was loaded with layers of fabric.

He heard Vic scoff, but didn't look up, "Of course it's necessary, I don't want you peeking." he could hear Vic's cheeky smile as he spoke.

Kellin still didn't look up, "I'm afraid of the dark." he blurted out quickly, not realizing how stupid he sounded until he said it, "I, uh - sorry." he felt his face heating up.

"Are you blushing?" Vic asked, smirking.

The younger of the two shook his head quickly, "No, no, Kellin doesn't blush." he insisted, trying to control his face.

"You're blushing! Oh my god, it's so cute!" Vic gushed, going over to place a hand on the youngest of the two, only to have it swatted away.

Kellin glared at him playfully, "Never seen a guy blush or what?"

Vic chuckled, "I have, but it looks good on you." he nodded, smiling softly at the raven haired boy.

Kellin hung his head down, "I don't like it." he complained, sounding like an adolescent, Vic didn't mind; he liked any side of Kellin.

"I do and I really hope to see it more often." he grinned at him sincerely, Kellin returning the gesture before returning back to the previous problem, "Oh and, well, you gotta promise not to look, okay." Vic stuck out a pinkie; doing that little elementary pinkie promise.

Kellin chuckled at the immaturity of this whole conversation, "Let's go?"

"Let's." Vic offered a hand to Kellin, Kellin taking it gracefully; hopping into the car for a whole new adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler, next chapter should be more interesting.