Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Nineteen

I'm not sure where I was, or where I was going for that matter. I was angry. I cannot believe he'd known for that long and didn't tell me! What if he does something stupid while he's up there and he waits it out? What if he finds someone else? I mean it's college, their's gotta be lots of hot people there. I don't wanna stop him from leaving though; he sounded so happy when he called me on the phone to make the announcement. Hell, put all of this other stuff apart and I'd be feeling ecstatic for him.

Though I really don't know, honestly. He's going into college, shouldn't that mean new beginnings? By that I mean new friends, new relationships, and stuff like that. In a few years I'll be just a thing of the past - he'll meet his significant other at college and I'll be stuck here in Michigan trying to figure out my life. It wont be easy leaving him behind, but it'll be for the better, I guess.

He obviously chose a place far from here to get away from something, who knows, maybe he was meaning to get away from me?

I obviously wasn't watching where I was going, because next thing I know I was bumping into someone - "Oh shit, I'm sorry." I mumbled quickly, noting that I'd dropped most of his stuff, he muttered a quick 'it's fine' before leaning down to pick the stuff up, "Let me give you a hand." I offered, I mean I had just dropped his stack of books.

We finished pretty quickly, but it wasn't until we'd gotten them all picked up that I realized how many there were, "Thanks." He smiled, I'd just gotten a good look at him. Ginger hair, combed back nicely, glasses perched neatly on his nose, and a 5 o'clock. He actually looked really nice.

"Do you need a hand?" I asked, this would be much better than thinking about Vic. You know, going with a stranger and secretly hoping he wouldn't murder me. It's a 50/50.

He refused quickly, "Nah man, I got it." though his stumble told me otherwise, I raised an eyebrow at him; giving him those motherly stern looks. He chuckled, "Fine, but if you mug me..." he trailed off, probably thinking of a way to threaten me.

I scoffed, "Only if you don't kidnap me or something.

He grinned, "Well that doesn't sound like such a bad deal..." he pretended to think. I starred at him wide eyed, until he finally looked over at me, "Dude, I'm kidding. Come on."

I pouted, but followed him anyway, "These are a shit load of books." I stated the obvious.

He nodded, "College." was all he muttered.

My face dropped at the shitty word for shitty people, he seemed to notice because then he asked me if I was okay, "I'm fine, it's just my boyfriend and I just got into a heated argument because of that." It wasn't even an argument, I think. All I did was get angry...so maybe?

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh, is he at college right now?"

I shook my head, "No. But he's leaving in a few days and he barely told me he got accepted and I don't know what to do." I inhaled deeply, shoving both hands in my pocket. I didn't even realize it was cold out.

"Where's he going?" he asked, looking interested.

I frowned, "California. He found out he'd gotten accepted a few weeks ago, though he barely told me today and I just...Am I allowed to be angry at him?" I mean, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, who knows?

He shook his head quickly, "No, I mean, it's pretty messed up that he waited, you know?" I nodded, "That's what happened to me and my partner at the time. I really thought she was the one." he thought about it for a second.

"Are you two still together?" I asked cautiously, I really hoped I wasn't getting to personal.

He shook his head again, "Nope." I felt my heart sink, "We've both moved on. I mean, she was great, but she also opened my eyes a lot. It's good to try something new, I mean, it's gonna hurt obviously. But hey, you can't get a rainbow without the storm." he stated, smiling brightly.

That made sense, we'd both move on eventually so I don't see the problem. Besides, he could go on and have all the fun in the world without worrying about the relationship drama. I know what I have to do, but I have to do it quick, "Thanks, er -" I realized I never got his name.

"Matty."

"Thanks, Matty. Uh, I'm Kellin." I offered him my hand. After we'd placed the books in the backseat of his car.

He nodded, "No problem. Hey, look if you ever need anything, here's my number." he pulled out a sheet of paper and scrawled his phone number on it.

I took the paper from him once he was done, "Of course, I'll see you around!" I nodded towards his direction, he nodded back.

Now all I have to do is think about what I'm gonna tell Vic tomorrow. He could either get really emotional or shrug it off; I'm going to go ahead and guess it's the first. But I'm doing this for his benefit, he'll understand eventually.

Now sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
My hand slipped? *nervous chuckle*

I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm doing to them, someone stop me please .