Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Two

I made sure to wake up a tad bit early the next morning, I'd offered Mike a ride to school since he'd been telling me that he would be walking, though I wouldn't let him do that, it's like freezing out, and I doubt someone from San Diego would be able to handle it.

I went on with my usual morning routine, get up, do my business in the restroom, get dressed, eat breakfast, then head out. My parents had probably already gone to work; so it was no problem, I guess. They leave in the morning hours, then come back home later at night; usually when I'm asleep. Safe to say I don't really speak to them as much as I'd like, they're just kind of there, though it's whatever, I guess.

I made my way over towards Mike's house, which just happened to be a few blocks away from my own, he stood outside, hugging himself with his arms 'don't worry, I could handle a little cold weather.' I chuckled. "Little cold weather ain't so little is it now?" I teased.

"Oh, shut up. I didn't think it'd get this cold!" he exclaimed.

I shook my head, "You should probably get a thicker jacket, it should be getting colder throughout the day." I informed, I honestly didn't know if it would get colder; I just wanted to go in and see if Vic was awake yet.

"Really?" he questioned.

I nodded.

"Well, come on, it might take me a while since it doesn't usually get cold in San Diego." he made a head motion with his head.

I just nodded again, pulling out the keys and stepping out of the car before following Mike into the house. "You can wait in the kitchen or something." was all he said before going up the stairs, taking two at a time.

I was about to just go to the living room and take a seat on the couch when I heard some rustling coming from the kitchen, I peeked my head in slightly, a smile forming at my lips when I saw who it was, "Hey, Vic!" I greeted him, accidentally startling him, just a bit. I tried to pull it off as if I hadn't planned seeing him around.

He looked up at me with wide eyes, "Hi?" I noticed his breathing slow down before he spoke up again, "What're you doing here?"

I went and took a seat on one of the bar stools they had on the opposite side of the actual kitchen, near the island, "Mike came back in to get a thicker jacket, it's "freezing" outside." I added air quotes over the word 'freezing' just to emphasize that I was quite used to it, I guess.

He raised an eyebrow, "It's not." he objected.

"Uh, yeah it is." I retorted.

"Then why are you wearing such a thin sweater?" he asked.

I just shook my head slightly, "Because, I was like, raised here. It's like my natural habitat, polar bears can be in super cold areas, because they're adjusted to it; well I just so happen to be adjusted to this cold area, or weather." I explained, it was a really shitty way of putting things, but I guess he understood for he just nodded his head slowly.

I was about to open my mouth again when a tired looking Mike sauntered down the stairs, "Found one!" he exclaimed, in the sort of victorious way Jack did when he came out of the restroom.

"Wow, congrats." I said, all of my sarcastic enthusiasm flowing throughout the kitchen.

He just nudged my shoulder, "Hush." was all he said, "Let's go now."

I nodded, "Yeah, the guys are probably waiting already."

"See ya later Vic!" Mike shouted, walking backwards towards the door.

I looked over at Vic, who'd seemed to continue doing what he was doing, "Bye Vic." his eyes met mine and I just smiled, letting off a soft wave.

"Bye Kellin." he smiled.

<^^>

Sure enough the guys were just where I'd expected them to be; all pretty much crowded up on one side of the school. I made my way over to them, ignoring all of the girl's flirtatious 'hey, kellin!''s, don't get me wrong, it's a pleasure being known by many people; the girls were just a plus to the whole thing.

Jack was the first one to spot us, "Kellin, Mike!" He smiled.

I nodded, telling him hello, before turning my attention towards Mike, "Alright, so that's Jack, obviously, Gabe, Jesse, Justin, Beau, Austin, Alan, Tino, Phil, Aaron, Chris, Andy, Joe, other Jack, Alex, Rian, Zack, Oli, and Josh." I looked at him, noticing the confusion plastered on his face, "Ha, you'll remember their name's eventually, don't worry." I assured him, he just nodded.

Austin walked over to us, "Whoa, nice tats, bro!" he complimented, taking a hold of Mike's arm.

Mike just grinned, "Thanks, yours are bad ass too." He's going to fit in perfectly.

We all broke into random conversations about whatever came to mind, until a very frustrated looking Katelynne making her way over, all conversation stopped, all eyes looking over at me. I gulped visibly.

Kate and I weren't a thing, though she actually saw us as something; it's one of those 'you're the popular guy, you must date the popular girl' type of thing, though I found it ridiculous, she took it serious, which did get annoying and all. "Kellin!" she yelled, I noticed Mike visibly tense from the corner of my eye before looking back up at her.

"What?" I ask, my tone showing that I was obviously uninterested in whatever bullshit she had for me today, there was always a problem with her, whether I didn't wave back, or text back, or whatever. I don't even know why she makes such a big deal, we're not even a couple.

She huffed in annoyance, "You didn't text me back yesterday, that's what!" she flailed her arms around, being way to over dramatic for my liking.

I just rolled my eyes, "Didn't know I had to." I shrugged.

"Kellin, it is your main priority to text your girlfriend back!" she retorted.

I heard a few snickers from my friends at the mention of 'girlfriend', but I ignored them, "Katelynne, for the last time, you and me," I pointed a finger between me and her, "are not a thing." this was our usual argument, it's gotten really old. Then, later on throughout the day she'd come back and tell me she was sorry and that she loved me or some shit.

"Ugh, yes we are, and the sooner you accept it, the better!" she practically squealed, walking off into the opposite direction.

Alan was the first to speak up, "She's such an air-head." he mumbled, making the rest of the group chuckle.

"What was that all about?" Mike asked, confusion written clearly all around his face.

Gabe spoke up for me, "That, over there," he pointed towards Katelynne, "has a crush on this over here." he pointed at me, "Though it's more like this mental relationship she has in her mind that Kellin never agreed to, it's weird, and it's been going on since we were Sophomores. She always comes up with some stupid shit to come and get angry at Kellin, which has become our usual routines, watch them argue for a while, then watch her walk away. Pretty hard to explain; she's just weird." the rest of the group nodded in agreement.

Mike stared at me with wide eyes, "That's crazy, you should put a restraining order on her or something." he looked genuinely concerned.

Everyone laughed, "He can't, that's the problem. this whole town sees her as little miss 'sunshine'. It'll be like impossible to, you just tell the police her name and they'll like, laugh in your face." Gabe explained.

Mike starred in between everyone, "Wow, I feel sorry for you, Quinn." he mumbled, shaking his head.

"It's alright, it doesn't bother me anymore. Besides I've got my eyes on someone else." I looked over at the group to see their reactions.

As expected, they all gave me expectant looks, "Who is she?!" they all asked in unison.

I just chuckled, "They don't come here, and I wont tell you their name." I lifted two fingers, pointing my finger towards each every time I gave a reason.

No one seemed to catch onto the fact that I said 'they' instead of 'she', no one but Jack that is. Jack's the only one who knew about my sexuality, I'm bisexual. I haven't gone out and told anyone yet because I haven't exactly been with a guy before. I notice Jack's knowing look and just shrugged. He gave me the 'We'll talk about this later.' look, and I just nodded.

the bell ringed and I'd realized I didn't even know Mike's schedule, all I knew is that we were both Seniors this year, so... I said my goodbye's to the rest of the guys, pulling Mike's arm back, "Let me see your schedule."

He reached into his back pocket, pulling out a neatly folder piece of paper, I unfolded it as quickly as you can unfold a piece of paper, "Whoa, we have 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 8th period together, I think you have 3&4th with Jack and Justin, 6th with Tino, and 7th with Alan." I smiled, handing his paper back over to him.

He looked up, nodding slightly. I guess he was just trying to process everything I'd just said, "Alright, so, first period?"

I nodded, "I'll lead the way!"

<^^>

The whole walk over to English consisted of many girls throwing themselves at me, and angry Katelynne, and some other guys just greeting me like they do everyday, "How do you know so many people?" Mike asked, once we finally got into the classroom.

I shrugged, "I'm not sure, I guess being nice to people will help you go a long way? I mean, the people I started getting to know just began multiplying and it was all weird, really." I tried explaining.

He nodded, "But damn, all of these people, you're like the Regina George of the school, dude! ... but you know, the opposite genders and stuff." he mumbled the last part.

I laughed, "Yeah, I guess. I mean, yeah." I lost my train of thought.

He chuckled, noticing what had just happened, we were a bit early to school so I decided to get to know his family better, and by his family I mean Vic.

"So your brother," I began, looking over at him, he just motioned for me to continue, so I did, "He's out of high school?" I asked, honestly very curious to find out.

He nodded, "Yup, graduated last year."

"How come he doesn't talk much?" I asked.

He bit his lip, "Well, uh, a while back one of his good friends like, died? So he doesn't really like to get close to other people anymore. I don't know, he's been really distant since." he looked at me with sad eyes.

"Shit, it must be hard on him. How old is he?" I asked, trying not to make the conversation die out.

He scratched the back of his neck, "Nineteen now." he thought for a while, "yeah, nineteen." he added.

I just nodded, about to open my mouth again when the teacher walked in, "Alright class, take your seats. Hurry, please, we have a lot of notes to take today." Ms. Fritz rushed over to her desk, being her usual energized self, she scanned the room until her eyes landed on Mike, then me, "Kellin, who's this?" she asked.

All eyes were on me, though I guess you could say I was used to it, "This is Mike, it's his first day." I gave her my award winning smile.

She returned it, "Mike would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

Mike looked at me, and I encouraged for him to go ahead, he stood up hesitantly, "Uh, I'm Mike. Just moved over from San Diego, and, well, yeah?"

I chuckled, "Mike here likes video games and sleep. Oh, and Taco Bell!" I included for him, knowing that Ms. Fritz would probably ask him to explain himself a little better.

A few people laughed at my little 'addition', I just smiled over at them, "and he's really cool, so don't give him any shit." I directed the statement to the kids in the back, the one's who weren't so fond of me because I was 'stuck-up' and white, though they'd never messed with me personally, which is good.

Mike muttered a quick 'thank you' before taking his seat, and I found myself following suit.

That's pretty much how we spent our day, walking around classes, me showing him a few shortcuts. Giving him little summaries whenever he asked about someone, it was a good day overall, I guess. I was just waiting for after school, so I'd be able to go over to his house and hopefully talk to Vic a bit more, I don't know why I find him so enticing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's quite long, er, no Kellic yet, but it'll come soon! I mean, yeah, soon. Haha.

Thanks for the comments, subs., and recommendations! I really appreciate them. c: