Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Twenty Two

"Is there any specific reason why you're not all sad about leaving in a few hours?" Kellin asked, frowning when he thought that maybe the eldest was happy to finally get away from him or something.

Vic shook his head, still smiling, "No reason." he knew that if he spoke too much he might give away the big surprise.

Kellin just groaned loudly, "I'm gonna kick your butt," he pouted.

"I just have really good news." Vic admitted, smile still evident on his face.

"What is it?!" Kellin asked, suddenly excited.

"Not now."

"Aw come on! You leave in like, two hours you can tell me!" Kellin pouted again.

Vic shrugged, "You'll find out soon."

Kellin slumped back, crossing his arms over his chest resembling an angry child - and adorable angry child, "Whatever. I didn't wanna know anyway." he muttered.

"It'll be worth the wait, I promise." Vic sent a warm smile towards his direction.

"Humph," he stood up, "I'm going up to the restroom." he mumbled. There was a restroom downstairs, but who knows- maybe another short guy could pull him away. ANYWAY, he went up the steps quickly, leaving an anxious Vic sitting alone.

Hopefully Kellin wouldn't be too upset he waited this long to tell him, Vic was really hoping he would be as happy as he was when he found out - Vic kind of knew Kellin wouldn't be pleased with the whole going away to college idea, but this benefits them both. It was times like these he was glad his parents had financial problems, he wasn't proud, but he was ... glad? There was no right way to put it.

Upstairs Kellin had just stepped back into the hall, noting the fact that in the future he'd only be coming here to see Mike; it was nothing bad, though he really wished Vic would be there too. He decided to enter Vic's room, because why the fuck not? He was expecting a half empty bedroom, with boxes already gone and whatnot - what he wasn't expecting was all of Vic's stuff to be in there, exactly how it'd been before he began packing. What the hell? he asked himself. "Hey Vic!" he shouted.

Vic sat up quickly, maybe there wasn't any toilet paper or something. He stopped speed walking once he'd noticed the only door opened was the one that led to his room. shit, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?!" he yelled, hoping to enlighten and/or change the whole confused atmosphere by using a Shrek reference because desperate times call for shitty measures.

Kellin completely ignored something he'd usually laugh at, keeping his attention on the room, "How come all of your stuff is still here? I thought you were having it shipped off yesterday or something..." he opened drawers and closets and everything.

Now Vic could either lie and save the surprise, or just get it over with now..."Surprise!" he'll just settle on that - something about lying to Kellin didn't feel right.

Kellin raised an eyebrow, "Surprise? What?"

"I'm not leaving." Vic grinned, his grin faltering when he noticed Kellin not doing anything, "I'm, uh- taking classes on line."

This just confused Kellin even more, "Is that even possible? Like to change all of it last minute, and why not?" he didn't mean to ask so many questions, but what can he say - this is very last minute...he didn't even find it possible.

"It's possible. Took a lot of work, phone calls and such, but we made it work. Oh, and because we can't exactly afford me staying over there - I'd ask for financial aid, but I really don't want to. Besides, me staying here means us staying together." his grin returned once the last sentence left his lips.

Kellin wasn't sure whether to be extremely happy for him or not, he settled for running over and jumping on him, expecting him to catch him; they both ended up on the floor due to Vic's lack of thinking fast, if that's what you'd call it. "Yay!" he exclaimed pressing a kiss onto Vic's lips, "But sorry about not being able to go and all.."

"No, it's fine." Vic smiled, "It just means I get to spend more time with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it possible? I mean, I don't know much about college so... haha.