Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Twenty Three

"He can't be trusted," I hissed at a very oblivious Kellin, "He turns the taco, not his head!" there goes my superstitious side speaking, Mike had told me that people who turn their head and not the taco can be trusted; the others cannot; and well, we were here sitting in a both right across from Kellins' friend Matty.

Kellin shot me a glare, "Hush." he insisted, "He's a good guy, just chill." he made a hand signal as if he was telling me to lay low.

I just groaned, throwing my head back - this Matty dude either had no idea what was going on, or he just didn't care much to say anything about it. "So Vic, how did you and Kellin meet?" he asked, seeming interested; he reached up and pushed his glasses up a little higher with his index finger.

"Like the first time we saw each other, or..?" I didn't want to start off a story of something he didn't ask. He nodded, "Well Mike; my little brother - brought him over after his first day of school and I got super annoyed because I really don't like it when people are at the house or whatever, so I saw him looking around the hall at the pictures we had put up and I went over and dragged him back to Mikes' room without a single word - it's kind of funny now that I think about it." I chuckled at the stupid memory.

He smiled, revealing his bright, white teeth. "When did you two actually start talking?"

Kellin sat up straighter, "The next day." he answered quickly, "Uh, I offered Mike a ride and lied telling him it was going to get colder throughout the day just so he can bring me back inside and I could see or speak to Vic." he blushed, "And then we talked about the weather." he chuckled nervously.

I just sat there smiling, he was so adorable and I felt so lucky to have him. "You two are good together." he nodded, "I'm glad everything worked out well for both of you." he smiled, though I'm pretty sure the smile never left.

"Thanks." we both mumbled shyly, a smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

We finished up rather quickly, Matty and us parting our separate ways, "Still think he can't be trusted?" Kellin asked with a smirk.

"Shut up." I stuck my tongue out at him, "Where to now?" I tossed Kellin the keys, not expecting him to toss them right back.

He shrugged, "Your turn to choose the location."

I groaned, "Kellllllllllin, I don't know where to go!" he just starred at me, "You live here, you should know some pretty good places."

"Um," he thought aloud, "There is this party..."

I shook my head, "I don't do well in parties, Kells." my last party experience was humiliating - I was with Mitch and it was a high school party though we only got invited to be made fun of. No parties, ever. Nope.

He nodded, not pushing it any further, "I have an idea!" he grinned, "Keys. Oh, and get in the car!" I tossed him the keys which somehow ended up on the floor, he just giggled childishly, whatever he had in mind must be exciting.

<^^>

He stopped by at Michaels first, telling me to wait in the car until he came back - and then he wouldn't tell me what he got, though I gotta admit this was all pretty interesting. Right now he had me seated inside while he set some stuff up in his backyard. I don't know what we're doing, but his excitement was making me excited.

Kellin pranced back into the living room, holding out a hand for me; which I took gracefully, "What are you doing?" I asked when I felt his hands covering my eyes. He just shushed me silently and started leading the way to what I guess was the backyard. He held my eyes with one hand while preoccupying the other, The Phoenix started blaring loudly causing me to flinch, he just chuckled and mumbled a quick 'sorry!' before leading me a few more steps.

He finally let go of my eyes, though he wasn't in front of me. I frowned, looking around, "Uh, Kell-" I stopped when I felt something cold run across my face, "What's this?!" I asked frantically, bringing one hand up to feel it. Paint. This motherfucker. I turned around, finding him sprinting away with a paintbrush, "Oh hell no!" I bent down and quickly picked up the yellow - his favorite color - paint, not even bothering with a paintbrush; my finger will do. Haha, that sounded dirty.

I ran over to him, catching up to him quickly and smearing paint onto his nose, laughing evilly. He grinned, and with a flick of his paintbrush everything turned purple, "Can't catch me if ya can't see me, Fuentes!" I heard his faint footsteps getting further away from where I was standing. "Is that a challenge?" I asked, my eyes narrowed.

I heard a soft giggle, "Hm, maybe. I mean, it can't be that much of a challenge of it's against you." He put all of his cockiness into that one - mostly true statement. I wiped at my eyes in mock anger, getting most of the paint off - well, enough to see him smirking by the paints.

"You're gonna pay for that, Quinn!" I poured all of the paint onto my hand, watching his eyes go wide - and feeling the paint dripping off my fingers, I sprinted over to him; just to have him run around in circles, though eventually I blindly managed to get - well, pretty much all his face.

He raised both eyebrows in shock, "Oh, so that's how it's gonna be?" he asked, walking over to where the paints were. I nodded, smirking at how well a job I'd done. He leaned down, keeping his eyes trained on me before picking up two bottles of paint - red and yellow - and tossing both of its contents onto me. The cold feeling took over most of my torso and I looked down, orange.

I just laughed loudly, picking up the blue and red; he made no attempt in running, so I just tilted them over his head, watching him take in a sharp breath. He was now completely purple, I grinned at my job, tossing the bottles onto the floor. We both picked up two more at the same time and had this stare down - both our eyes narrowed and ready to attack. I felt like a kitten watching its prey, fortunately for both of us we threw the paints at the same time, it went everywhere - literally.

Before we knew it all of the colors had turned brown and stuff, I looked over to where the paints were, noting there were no more. We looked up at each other, both panting, yet smiling. Our bodies were completely covered from head to toe, "Hey Kells," I got his attention, "You've got a little paint on you."

"Yeah, so do you. Let me help you get it off." he made his way over to me, smiling cheekily before pressing his lips onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by the paint war I'd always wanted to have with my non-existent boyfriend. :))))))