Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Twenty Eight

"Yeah so she got all mad, I don't even understand girls anymore." I stated, inserting the key into the keyhole - I think that's what it's called.

Vic chuckled, "She was probably just confused, she'll get over it." he smiled halfheartedly as I turned the key.

I scoffed, "She better, because if she-" I stopped mid sentence as I noticed what was sitting in my house, "Oh my god." I was able to feel my pupils dilate, though it was no surprise.

"What?" Vic's curios voice distracted me, he moved over to see what I was talking about "Is that yours?" he asked after a few seconds.

I shook my head, "I-I don't think so." first a baby, now a fucking dog. I mean sure I wanted a dog awhile back, but not anymore. I still love 'em all the same, but they're just too much for a cool teen like me.

Vic's shoulder rubbed against mine- he was shrugging, "It's pretty cute." he gushed, not moving or anything.

"What breed is it?" I asked, tilting my head to the side- I don't know much about animals, okay.

He smiled, "It's a pug, they don't grow that much."

Okay, so Vic's an animal type of human. That's cool, I guess. I made my way over to the kitchen where I knew my parents would have an explanation. It was there, obviously.

Hey, Kells! Your father and I remembered you asking us for a puppy a while back,- literally, like five years ago- and your aunts friend Kristy needed to get rid of these. Hope you like her. - Mom and Dad.

I rolled my eyes. Sticking my tongue out at the little slip, "Put your tongue in your mouth, you look like Miley Cyrus." Vic joked, startling me just a little bit.

"Shut up, you're just jealous." I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest in a very childlike manner.

He nodded, "Maybe just a little bit." he used his thumb and index finger to form that 'a little' sign.

I was about to open my mouth when there was a knock at the door, "I'm gonna go get that." I sent him a head wave, taking a short trip from the kitchen, to the living room. It was no surprise to see Jack on the other side of the door, why he was here? I don't know.

"Is Mike here?" He asked, his eyes looking very alert.

I shook my head, "No, but Vic is."

"Get Mike over here, now." he ordered, a look of determination on his face.

A long time ago I'd learned that questioning Jack was pointless, I just kind of adapted to his ways; which is why I didn't ask any questions, and just simply settled for pulling my phone out of my pocket and dialing his number. "Hello?" he answered after a few seconds of Jack and I just starring at each other intently.

"Uh yeah, Mike. Jack wants you to come over." I stated, watching Jack nod as I spoke.

I heard him sigh, "What could he possibly want?" he asked, he didn't sound bored; just tired.

As if on instinct Jack raised up that one video game he claimed to be his 'baby', apparently he's come back to lose to Mike Fuentes...again. They're ridiculous, "He's here to beat you at his game." I answered.

"You bet your ass I am!" Jack shouted, glaring at the phone in my hands.

I heard some shuffling around on the line, "Be there in five minutes."

"We'll be-" was all I got to say before the line went dead.

Jack let himself in, "I've been practicing as much as possible. I am sure to beat him now." he had this determined look on his face - until he laid eyes on my new dog I have yet to name, "Oh my, what's that?!" he asked, pointing over at Vic's direction, the dog sitting on his lap.

"That's Vic." I mumbled sheepishly, ignoring his glare. "Some dog my parents got me." I corrected myself, going over to sit next to Vic, the animal immediately climbing onto my lap.

We all just sat there making small talk while waiting for Mike, it took him some time, but he eventually got here- holding his own controller. He, like Jack, let himself in, Going over to the living room and pointing a finger at, well, said Jack. "You are going to lose." was all he said before going over and connecting his controller.

<^^>

"I AM SOOOO FRICKIN' PISSED." Vic, Mike, and I just watched intently as Jack had one of his bitch fits. It was expected, Mike just couldn't be defeated, which was kind of scary in a way.

Mike smirked, "It's okay you little kernel, one day you will evolve into a beautiful buttery popcorn." his statement made me and Vic share mirrored expressions, though we weren't going to inter fear. We just settled for watching the whole aftermath unravel while we held hands, not what we had planned for today, but it was the equivalent to watching Godzilla, in a way.

Jack stormed up to Mike, jabbing a finger into his chest in a way that looked almost painful, "You're cheating." Vic gasped.

Mike narrowed his eyes, "What makes you think I'd feel the need to cheat? Is it because I'm Mexican?" his gaze matched the one he gave me at the party, I felt myself slowly, desperately shrinking into the sofa.

Jack's eyes widened, his face matching the one of a fish out of water, "W-what?! No, I-I never said that!" He backed up a bit.

I watched Mike stare at him for a few seconds before the corner of his lips started twitching up into a smile, the smile soon turning into laughter, "Oh, you should have seen your face!" he shouted, doubling over.

Vic was now laughing too, I followed suit. His face was priceless, he gave us all looks, "You guys are assholes." he muttered, his face red from embarrassment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I forgot to update on here! Like, I've updated on Mibba so I already got the next four chapters done so I'll update them throughout the day.

Really sorry. ;-;