Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Three

I asked Mike about me going to his place after school, but he told me he'd be busy running errands with his mom, which is how I ended up here at the front door of the Fuentes' household. I knocked three times, quietly, but it seemed to do the job.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" croaked Vic, his hair was a bit messy, and his eyes seemed a bit squinted so I guess he'd just woken up.

I shrugged, "Just dropped by to see if Mike was here." lie.

He shook his head, "N-no, he left a while ago, why?"

I faked a pout, "Ugh, I got really bored at home and...hey, wanna hang out?" I asked, it was my idea this whole time after all.

"Um," he stared at me for a few seconds, "don't think I can? I mean, yeah."

I shook my head, "Come on, I have money, we can go to the movies or something." I suggested, a smile on my face.

"I'm not very into movies, no thanks." He insisted.

I groaned, "Come on Vic," I rested my fingers on my chin, "Let's get something to eat! You can't turn food down now." I winked.

He was about to object when I heard his stomach growl, I smirked, he rolled his eyes at his stomach, "Fine, Just let me, I don't know, get ready or something." he muttered.

I smiled and nodded, he let me inside the house; I just took a seat in the living room, taking the place in. There was many picture frames, I'm guessing the people in the pictures were family, well, they were obviously family, but, whatever. The living room wasn't huge, but it was nice and homey. I liked it.

I sat there for a while, just playing with my hands when a nice looking Vic sauntered down the stairs, "Ready," he called out, buttoning up the last button on his flannel.

I grinned, "Where do you wanna eat?" I asked, it honestly didn't matter; I mean, I'm up for anything, literally.

He thought for a minute, "Uh, wherever?"

I shook my head, "No, you're going to give me a location and we're going to eat there." I insisted.

He groaned, "Taco Bell?" he asked.

A slight chuckle escaped my lips, "Sure." his face beamed, "To the car!"

I grabbed his hand, leading him over to where my car was parked, he looked at it, then looked at me, "You're old enough to drive?" he asked.

"Um, yeah, I'm seventeen." I said in a type of 'duh' tone.

He quirked his eyebrows, "Okay."

<^^>

The whole car ride was spent with me slightly tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, and Vic starring out the window, I really do wonder what his thoughts are about, you know, whether they're happy and cheerful, or dark and mysterious.

I found a close parking spot, taking the keys out and getting out of the car, I was going to open the door for Vic though he managed to get out on his own. "Have you been around town or anything yet?" I decided to ask.

"Uh, no, not really. I've been wanting to, but I'm just not sure what there is to do." He shot me a crooked smile.

"Hmph, We can go to the park after this...If you'd like." I smiled, sheepishly while holding the glass door open for him.

He nodded, "Maybe," we walked up to the counter, "If my mom or Mike don't call me." he added.

A very unhappy looking worker walked up to the counter, "How may I help you?" she asked, her dark brown hair pulled up in a pony tail, a cap with the restaurants logo on the front resting atop her head, she wore a frown on her face, making me wonder just what had gotten her panties in a bunch, I pushed the thoughts aside, looking over at Vic so he could order.

"I'll take a number four, thank you." he looked over at me.

I looked up, "Same as him, with two freezes, a typhoon and a baja blast." I watched as she poked a few buttons on the little screen thingy, then looked back up at me.

"That'll be twelve ninety-five." she stuck out her hand, I just passed her the credit card my parents leave me to get food, or whatever interests me.

She nodded, swiping it, before passing it back over with a receipt, I took it and looked over at Vic, "Shall we sit?"

He nodded, letting me lead the way, I decided to take a booth by the window, cause, why not? Vic sat across from me, folding his arms in front of him, "So, Kellin, as far as I know you, you're one of my little brother's friends, and you're use to the cold..." he stated.

"Yup," I popped the 'p', "Anything else you'd like to know?" I asked.

He just starred at me, "How come you have your own credit card? I mean, aren't you a little too young?"

A sigh escaped my lips, "Young? Yes. But my parents aren't home, like ninety percent of the time; so they gave me a credit card to but food, gas, and stuff, comes in useful." I smiled.

"Are you responsible with it?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

I nodded slowly, "Well, yeah, I mean, I'd say I am. Though if I see something I really like I'd just buy it. So, yes- but no?" I found myself asking.

He chuckled, "Okay?" he mocked. I rolled my eyes, "No, but your parents must really trust you, most teenagers would probably take it and subscribe to some pornography site." he joked.

"You know, I never really thought about that..." I pretended to be in thought, looking down to see a shocked expression on his face, "I'm just kidding!" he loosened up, "I'd prefer the real thing."

His eyes went wide, but he let out a dry chuckle, "Sure..."

I opened my mouth to speak, when I heard our order being called, "Be right back.."

When I got back, we just sat there and ate, I caught him stealing a few glances every now and then, but I didn't say anything for I was doing the exact same thing. Until I head that all-too-familiar giggle coming from the door.

<^^>

- Vic's P.O.V -

I noticed a look of shock taint itself onto Kellin's face, he dropped what he was eating at cautiously looked back at some girl.

She was pretty, she had dark hair that reached a little bit over her chest, a nice frame, and her facial structure was actually really nice, was I jealous? of course not. At least that's what I keep saying to myself. "Is she your girlfriend?" I whispered, once I noticed the girl and her group of friends were a bit further away.

Kellin shook his head quickly, "She wishes," he scoffed, "She's more like some obsessed child." his face grew irritated.

I wasn't sure what to say, so I just stuck with nodding, "Do you want to leave?" I asked, I mean I wouldn't want to be here if he wasn't comfortable.

He shook his head quickly again, looking at our food, "Nope, if we're lucky she wont notice us." he winked, with a grin.

I smiled, "And if we're not?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"We run." he shrugged, a small glint in his eye.

A chuckle escaped my lips, "This is so new to me."

"Get use to it." he nudged my shoulder from his side of the table, "Their's a lot more of this that you'll be getting." he smiled.

I wasn't quite sure what that meant, so I just smiled back. Noticing the girl from earlier making her way towards a table with her group of friends, I eyed her carefully, and I guess she felt eyes on her, because the next second her eyes had snapped up at me. I turned quickly, pretending as if nothing had happened, noticing Kellin was far too occupied with his food to even notice what'd just happened. I sat there a few seconds before I noticed the shadow of someone else towering over us, "Kellin!" the girl squealed, her loud voice making me cringe,"I've missed you, love!" she took a seat next to Kellin, picking at his food.

He scowled at her, smacking her hands away, "What.do.you.want?!" I was a bit taken aback, though the seemed used to it.

"Aw, can't a girl come and talk to her boyfriend?" she asked, giggling.

He rolled his eyes, "We're not togetherrr!" he sounded like a child, but Vic didn't mind, the scene unraveling in front of him was quite amusing.

"Kellin, the soon-" she began.

"'The sooner you accept it; the easier it'll be.' Just shut up and go away, I don't like you, okay?" he looked really tense, so I decided to reach over to his hand from under the booth and hold it, it seemed to work rather quickly, his shoulders and breathing going back to normal.

The girl actually looked a bit hurt, even Kellin seemed a bit surprised by the expression on her face, "Whatever." she muttered, standing up and walking away to her group of friends who quickly began questioning her, sending nasty glares over to Kellin.

My eyebrows furrowed together, "That was weird." was all I could say.

He nodded, "Tell me about it, I haven't had one stable relationship thanks to her coming out of the blue and ruining it." he muttered, his eyes trailing down to our entwined fingers, he looked up at me with a smile on his face.

I blushed, looking down at my drink, "So how 'bout the park?"

"TO THE PARK!" He yelled, I looked back at where the girl was sitting, her eyes on out hands, then on me. She gave me this intimidating stare, so I just looked away quickly, Kellin's pulling being a lot of help.

<^^>

Kellin was sitting next to me under this tree we'd managed to find, his head resting on my shoulder, my head resting on his head. It was comfortable, I hadn't sat like this with someone since, well, yeah.

"So Vic, what's your favorite color?" he asked, out of the blue.

I chuckled, "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

He scoffed, "Alright, mines yellow." he stated, cheekily, "Your turn."

"Hm, mines gray. It's a bit plain; but whatever." I swatted my hands around at the air.

I heard a faint chuckle next to me, "Grey's not a color; it's a shade." he stated, cockily.

"If it's on the color charts, then it's a color to me." I nudged his shoulder.

"Whatever you say, Fuentes." you could hear the smile on his face.

We sat there for a few minutes, not really talking at all, until I decided to break the silence, "So, what do you wanna be when you grow up? Or, graduate."

He shrugged, "I don't know. I mean, I'm only seventeen, they can't expect for me to plan my whole life out as a high school student. Though I've always wanted to be in a band; that's a like, one in a million chance, you know?" he seemed rather disappointed towards the end of his sentence, as if he were positive none of his plans were going to happen. I mean, maybe it's possible. Difficult, but possible.

"Me and Mike are in a band." I blurted out, I wasn't sure why, I just felt like letting him know.

He looked up at me, "Really?" his pretty eyes beaming with excitement, "What do you two do in it? Like vocals, bass drums, guitar, or what?!" he asked me, curiously.

"I do vocals, and some guitar. He plays the drums." his face lit up once again, he asked me to sing for him. "No, I can't. I'm not good." I fiddled with my fingers.

He pouted, "Come on, Vic! You sing for me and I'll sing for you." he suggested.

I quirked an eyebrow, "You sing?" I asked him, watching him nod. "alright, but don't laugh at me..."

"I wont, I promise." he grinned.

I nodded, thinking of a song to sing to him; I had written one a few nights ago, so I decided to give that a go;

"Freeze!
It's time to take you home,
It feels so early but I promised I would bring you to your door.
Now out lips are numb!
As we walk, sharing warm alcohol,
That kiss tastes like summer.

I hope you like the stars I stole for you,
One hundred million twinkle lights in neon blue.
I'll be the brightest someday!
I'll be the brightest someday!
I'll be the brightest, you'll see!

Don't rain on my parade, it's gonna glow in the dark.
I like it better when you can't keep warm.
Don't ruin a perfect thing, a perfect thing.
The boy on the blue moon dreams of the sun.

Now as the rain falls like shattered pieces of glass from the sky,
we bleed like water colors and drunken pastels down the stairways.
And I ask myself why do I still pray?
When will it end? And who fucking cares?

I swear to god I did what I could.
I practically begged you, I pretended everything was fine.
A soul sacrifice, an American nightmare.
I'd rather be dead.

Don't rain on my parade, it's gonna glow in the dark.
I like it better when you can't keep warm.
Don't ruin a perfect thing, a perfect thing.
The boy on the blue moon hears a nightmare in his head.

I'll bet you money as you're running to the bathroom,
you barely started drinking but your beauty never stopped you.
You died in California by the sulfur and the sea.
I guess I never should have loved you,
but I do forever 'cause you loved me.

And I break my glasses as I fall on the street!
If you were gonna leave this world how could it be without me?
Now it's all over my tongue and still it has no taste,
'cause without you there is no me.
There's no me at all.
Sometimes love dies like a dog.

Don't rain on my parade, it's gonna glow in the dark.
I like it better when you can't warm.
Don't ruin a perfect thing, a perfect thing.
The boy on the blue moon dreams...
Don't rain on my parade.
I'm losing a perfect thing, a perfect thing, a perfect thing."

I looked over at him, his mouth agape, "Was I really that bad?" I joked.

"Bad? Holy shit Vic that was fucking perfect! Who sings that?" he asked, starring at me intently.

I scratched the back of my neck, "I- wrote it?" I meant to just say it though it came out as more of a question.

"Oh my...it was perfect though, really." he starred at me, his face serious.

I nodded, "Thanks, now-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing, Mike screaming blearing out loud, he changed his ring tone, again, "Hold on," I sighed.

"Hey Vic, where'd you go?" Mike asked on the other line.

I shrugged, remembering he wasn't actually here to see, "I'm at the park with Kellin. He went to the house looking for you; but you weren't there."

"He looked for me?" Mike asked, seeming surprised, "No, I told him I'd be with mom." he added, before I could even answer his question.

I looked over at Kellin who was awkwardly playing with his fingers, "Oh, okay?"

"Well, mom needs you home, so, get here." he chuckled.

I nodded, "Okay."

the other line went dead.

"Need a ride home?" Kellin pipped up.

I nodded, "Yup." we began walking over to his car when I decided to bring it up, "Mike said he'd told you he wasn't going to be home today?" I looked at him expectantly, while he opened the doors to his car.

"Oh yeah! I'd forgotten, silly me." he added a dry chuckle to the end of his sentence.

I frowned, but just decided to ignore it.

The whole car ride was mostly silent, Greenday playing quietly in the background, it wasn't until we were parked in front of my house that I decided to speak up again, "Thanks for today." I offered with a small smile.

He nodded, "It was no biggie, I had a good time, Vic." he smiled back.

I was about to get out when he called me back, "Yeah?" I asked, looking around cautiously.

"Here." he handed me a small piece of paper. I examined it, opening it up, there was some numbers scribbled onto it. I'm guessing they were his phone number, "Text me." he spoke quietly.

My eyes flickered from the piece of paper, to Kellin, "Alright, I will." I smiled. "Bye."

I walked off to the front door of the house, using the spare keys my mom'd given me for whenever I needed them to go inside.

I wasn't sure what today was; but I actually really enjoyed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not happy with this chapter, so do expect another later on today, I'm not positive, but I'll try.

Uh, yeah, thanks for the reads and stuff once again! <3