Status: Updates whenever I get ideas!

What a Catch, Kellin.

Chapter Eight

Kellin's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning feeling drowsier than ever, kind of like when you have a really bad hangover. Though I didn't feel alone this morning, I'm not sure why, but it kind of felt like there was actually someone else in the house with me....

I trudged my way down the stairs, noting some pink bags littered around the hallway, then into the kitchen, a blue post-it note was on the fridge, I quirked an eyebrow, reading what it said,

' Kellin, your aunt and uncle's baby sitter canceled last minute. Lily's in my room sleeping, if you need help on anything call Derek. - Mom. '

Wait a minute, they left me home alone with a baby?! I can barely mend for myself, what were they thinking?! I made my way over to my parents' room, opening the door as quiet as humanly possible- and let me tell you something; trying to do something quietly never works out.- I poked my head in and sure enough there she was, a fucking baby. My parents hate me, I swear.

I decided to just let her sleep, because babies need sleep, right? I just waltzed my way to the kitchen to fix myself some breakfast, I couldn't really cook so I just settled for some cereal.

Milk, cereal, juice, looks pretty good to me. I sat down in the empty dining room, going through some tweets. All was good until someone decided to ring the doorbell, they rang it more than once which is why I'm guessing the child woke up, "Fucking hell." I muttered, going to the door quickly.

Mike stood on the other side, Vic standing next to him, texting someone on his phone, "Was that really necessary?!" I practically screeched, startling them both, he looked at me with wide eyes, I didn't even wait for their response because I'd just remembered there was a crying baby up stairs, I bolted up there quickly towards the source of the noise.

As expected she laid there, face red, tears running down her face, I swear babies cry more than, well, anything. I picked her up awkwardly, because I've never really held a baby without adult supervision and this shit is scary. I made my way back downstairs, noting that the door was closed; guess they let themselves in.

They had, both sitting on my couch awkwardly, "Oh sorry, it's just you guys woke the baby and I don't know how to handle this," I motioned towards the still crying baby in my arms.

"You didn't tell us you had a baby sister!" Mike beamed, running over and snatching her out of my arms, which, I was thankful for.

I shook my head, following him towards the couches, "She's not my baby sister, she's my cousin." I sighed, the baby had stopped crying which was great.

"Why is she here?" Vic asked, looking at her with such adoration in his eyes.

"I'm not sure, I wake up and BAM parents expect for me to know how to take care of a baby." I rolled my eyes.

Vic chuckled, "As come on, it's not that difficult." he shook his head slowly.

"It's a little human!" I exclaimed, "I mean, I wasn't even able to take care of my pet goldfish." I added, remembering the day I got back to school, finding Sam dead, it was tragic, but I just didn't know you had to feed them every day....I frowned.

Mike seemed to catch on, "Sorry for your loss?" he offered.

"Nah, it's no big deal. I wanted a dog, but my parents refused." I shrugged, "Now, I have that to worry about." I pointed towards the baby who'd fallen asleep in Mike's arms.

Vic scoffed, "It's not a that."

<^^>

The baby ended up sleeping longer than I'd expected, well, she slept until her parents got here which was great. The guys decided to take the time and demonstrate how to take care of a child, just the basics. They were actually a lot better than I'd expected, I mean, a lot. It got kind of boring without her though.

"Are your parents ever home?" Vic asked, phone in his hands, again.

I shook my head, "I mean, sometimes, but not really."

"What about on your birthday?" he asked, shoving his phone in his pocket.

I thought about it for a while, "If I'm lucky."

"Seriously?" Mike chimed in, raising both eyebrows.

I shrugged, "Yeah, It's no big deal."

"Uh, yeah it is, you're practically raising yourself." Mike stated, Vic nodding in agreement.

"What does it matter? When I move out I'm going to be raising myself too." I shrugged again.

"You need to make memories with them for when you get older." he smiled.

"I can make memories on my own." Shrug.

"It's not the same." he retorted.

Memories are memories." shrug.

"That's not what I mean," he sighed.

"Okay." I clasped my hands together, "Who wants to watch a movie?" I decided to change the subject, my parents don't really interest me.

Vic and Mike shared the same look for a split second, kind like they'd just made a mental agreement, "Sure." Mike shrugged.

<^^>

It was getting late though nobody made any effort to move whatsoever, we'd been watching movies on Netflix all day, it was Saturday so it didn't really matter. "Let's play a game." Mike suggested, scratching the back of his head.

Vic and I shot him a look as if to ask, 'what game?'

"Have any video games, Kellin?" he asked.

I shook my head, "No, but Jack does. I could ask him to come over and bring as many as possible. If you want." I added.

He nodded, "Yes, all this baby stuff is making me feel un-manly."

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes, pulling out my phone from my pocket, it took three and a half rings until Jack answered,

"Hello?" his groggy voice boomed in my ears.

"Hey Jack, wanna come over and play some video games?" I jumped right into it.

He sighed, "You don't play video games, Kellin, you suck at them." he retorted, apparently loud enough for Mike and Vic to hear because next thing I heard was a bunch of chuckles coming from across me.

I shot them a glare, "Shut upppp," I groaned, "Mike and Vic are here and Mike wants to play video games, you in or not?" I asked.

"Who's Vic?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Mike's brother, a friend, just hurry up!" The last part wasn't necessary considering we were practically neighbors, but whatever.

"Five minutes." he sputtered before the line went dead.

Mike quirked an eyebrow, "Five minutes?"

"Yeah, he loves across the street." I nodded.

He nodded, "Oh."

<^^>

Seven games, they went through seven fucking games. Mike beating Jack at every single one, to say I was surprised would be an understatement, Jack was like the Goddess of video games, all of this seemed impossible, "Fucking hell..." Jack mumbled, starring at the tv screen wide eyed, "You beat me at my own game." he honestly looked like he was on the verge of tears.

Gamers.

Mike was doing that stupid victory dance that I'd happen to become very familiar with, "Woo!" he pumped both fist in the air, jumping around like some Mexican jumping bean.

Vic looked at Jack with sympathy laced on his features, "You get used to it." he mumbled, I nodded in agreement.

"You wouldn't have to get used to it if you didn't suck so much." Mike stated rather cockily.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh please, sorry for having a life."

He frowned playfully, "Was that necessary?"

"Very necessary, yes." I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very uneventful filler, sorry, just thought I should update for you know who's birthday. -wink, wink.-

Some surprise guests will be added in the next chapter so stay tuned!

Thanks for the comments, recs, and subss, too. ((((((((((((: