Status: Well... I hope this is what you were all expecting for an good, clean start to kick of the sequel. Let me know!

Viva La Gloria II: 21st Century Breakdown

14. Things I Want

Beneath the canopy of trees in the backyard. Me and Billie sat alone at an folding table. We watched the driveway. The opening to our turn off was at least an mile from here. By the hay stack. You could still get an clear view of it though. Everyone socialized in the backyard around us. I felt Liam and Jacob's stares of my back and could hear they're quiet conversation.
“So do you think that they are together?” Jacob asked Liam in an territorial tone. 
“I don't know, why don't you go ask her.” Liam answered smugly. It was an long pause before they walked over to our table and plopped down in the two empty seats. Jacob smacked his palms against the table top casually. “So!” he paused “How are you?” 
Billie glanced at him and then Looked away. I looked up at him “Me?” I asked.
He nodded.
“I'm fine, yourself?”
He straightened up in his seat a bit “I'm fine, good, great!” then he laughed nauseously.
I looked deep in his eyes with my penetrating stare. Boring into his soul if you want to get creepy describing it.
He leaned away self consciously. Blinked twice and looked away without anything conversational left to say.
He bit his lip and turned toward me again. Leaning across the table casually but with the undercurrent of urgency.
“So, who's your boyfriend?” he asked ask his eyes flashed to Billie and back to my face.
I tossed an look at Billie for his benefit “He's not... My boyfriend.”
“Betcha wish I were though.” Billie grinned at me then ran an hand through his thick black hair.
I felt my cheeks heat up with an blush and I looked away so no one around me could see it.
“Well then...” Jacob grinned at the obvious coolness between our relationship. The tense atmosphere around us instantly lightening.
I rolled my eyes and grinned “Geez Jacob. You're so transparent. This is Billie Joe.” I gestured to him.
Billie's hand casually appeared on the table and Jacob shook it firmly. He's not just going to let this go... I know him that well.
“Jacob.” he smiled slightly.
Billie nodded and turned to face him fully. Leaning back in his chair. After years of studying Billie, I can see that smug look on his face even though Jacob can't. The smug look's reason was clear enough to me. It's for the fact that he wants Jacob to know he has no chance and the position has been filled.
I looked away from their casually territorial conversation. Commenting on the weather and gay shit like that. I'd lost interest and left them to battle their differences.
I walked out toward my mom's big flower garden in the front yard. Brushing my fingers across the antique wheels and other decorations there were out there. I sat down on an secluded rock. It floated above the ground high enough to perch on. Tall irises and other flowers grew around me in an colorful haze. The tall sunflowers behind me shadowed me away from the party id just abandoned. the sun lit the little area. The beige rocks under me glittered under the light strokes of warmth. 
Here it felt safe enough and empty enough to think about everything I could never brig myself too at home when I was constantly surrounded by them. It allowed for no piece of mind.
All the things I want.
1. I want things to feel normal, despite the odd path I've chosen. To feel like it was always meant to be and not so bound to detonate every five seconds. 
2. Let go of the past and live for today. 3. Be able to call him Billie instead of locking up and blushing at the sound of it washing over my lips into the air for everyone to hear. 4. To be able to look around myself and be proud of my mistakes and where they have gotten me. I can't imagine what my summer would look like had I not gone to Denver.
5. Know that everything will be ok, in good health and good time. 6. Know what he really thinks of me.
I can think of a lot more things I want in this situation that had been brought upon me. But there is no time left to think about it. Because here they come. The other 21 people in my nutcase family. Time to face it. The drama of today. 
I got to my feet and watched the assorted row of seven cars follow each other instantaneously down the rutty drive.
“Here they come.” I whispered. Turning and sprinting back to the party.
Billie and Jacob had hit it off. For real I mean they were laughing and not glaring at each other when I wasn't looking. Maybe it's because they no longer see each other as an threat. 
I walked barefoot along the lawn. The grass that always was cold in the shadows, was also the thickest, I'm still debating on informing the whole party of the arrival of the family.
Yes I love my whole family. Some of them are... A little strange in their own wierd little way. Like my two aunts, they're judgy people.
My cousins are coming today too. That's an rare happening. Tonya, Holly, Ryan and Colton. Vincent is more of the cryptic cousin. He's that one person in your family thats always got this bad undercurrent vibe to his jokes. Like at an wedding my cousin Colton had last summer, a lot of the people dressed in black. And his comment on that situation was “Geez, are we at an funeral?”
He's the weird one. Makes the weird comments.
Everyone in my family is a little weird. Everyone in the world I know is weird. No matter who you are and how popular you seem. You've got some embarrassing backstory that got you that way.
Hell, lets go for number seven on the list of things I want. 7. For today to go good.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and a nice little filler to help you get a better idea of the guests at the party,
Comment! I love your feedback so much and HUGE THANK YOU to my 5 Subscribers. It means a lot and I hope I'm not boring you all to death hehe.
Thanks for reading this and sticking by me along with the other stories I've posted here. I'm not the most awesome writer ever or even a good one, when I have a idea, I put down a chapter or so and see if anyone actually reads it and what kind of reation they have to the plot. Which is why, even half way through a story, I love feedback. In fact I thrive on it. Thank you all, you all are beyond awesome! Also if you have stories of any kind that'd you like me to read and comment/ rec for you, I'd be more then happy to do it, just leave a link to your desired story and some little description about it.
Thankies!
Xoxo