Status: Well... I hope this is what you were all expecting for an good, clean start to kick of the sequel. Let me know!

Viva La Gloria II: 21st Century Breakdown

17. 21 Words

The previous day had been difficult but now was over. I'd gotten some stuff worked on for the talent festival last night. But not much while they were all playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City on my PS3. And having more fun than they should running people over with an flaming car.
Now Billie was being difficult today.
“Oh come on Gloria! You'll love this surprise. You just can't have it yet and I can't give it too you until tomorrow.” he pouted.
I had my own song to work on “Fine. I'll go elsewhere and work on my act and you all can have the house.”
I grabbed my blue guitar off it's rack. My song writing notebook off the coffee table. An pen, an pick, and I opened the front door and made my way across the camp grounds to the Entertainment center. Currently empty and void of any presence.
I sat on the cold cement bench and went to work familiarizing myself by playing some warm ups. Like an quick 'Twinkle twinkle little star.' or the guitar solo from Wake Me Up When September Ends.
When that was done, I continued work on my active project from an few days ago. I had some lyrics down. But I couldn't Find any meaning to them. So I closed my eyes and concentrated on something. The emotions of my life. All the hurt, joy, anger and love I'd encountered in my life. I landed on an usable memory and began to drawl lyrics from it. Words I feel from the situation. And before I knew it, my hand was dashing madly across the paper. Words. Things that were all too familiar too me. They came naturally for me to feel the pain. I've never been very great at writing lyrics or poems. But let's just hope this one turns out. Failure of the song would make me stronger in the end. In a sense. But Green Day I'll be there. And that's an whole nother story to start.
I had an whole world of hurt before me on my notebook paper. I read over the lyrics an few times and made some minor changes.
Then I went to work creating an simple string of chords and an soft, lullbyic strum. I lost myself within it as I poured out my heart with lyrics I'd written onto the paper. I did the chorus and the versus. An beginning and an end. I worked out an sound I really liked and finished by noon. I looked incredulously down at the sheet of paper before me. Lined with words and chord names. Lovely.
I brushed my bangs off my forehead and looked down at my work. Practiced it all an few times. Making plans to work on it more tonight. I gathered my stuff and started for home. When I walked in the door, I laid my guitar on the couch and grabbed my car keys in my bedroom and stashed my notebook. Walked out onto the living room and called out “Dear Green Day, I'm going to my sisters house. I'll be back in an few hours. Help yourselves to anything in the fridge for lunch. See ya in a bit!” I got no answer so shrugged and went outside. Hopping into my car and starting the engine. Turning on Whitesnake's Here I Go Again full blast. I was debating, then decided to go the long way around across the tracks by turning left instead of right for an chance.
I was driving when I noticed someone really familiar in Pioneer Park. Sitting at an picnic table texting. Of course he was really familiar cause I just saw him yesterday. Jacob.
I slowed down and pulled over along the road. Waving at him like an maniac until he looked up “Hi Jacob!” I hollered.
His eyebrows pulled together in surprise and he got to his feet and walked over. Resting his palms on my door. 
“You mean this car is yours?” he asked unbelievingly. Of course, no hello. 
I rolled my eyes “Yes. Would you like to go for an ride? I'll bring you home tonight.”
He looked over his shoulder at his mom with his younger brothers.
“I'll ask my mom.” he turned and trudged off for where she was. It was all an friendly gesture. Since all I ever do at Myriah's is screw around anyways.
He jogger back, Carol waving at me from behind him. I waved back and looked up at him. “You in?”
He grinned and circled the car. Hopping into the passengers seat.
I spared another wave at Carol before I continued to drive up the street to the more country side of town. Where the mansions were and the golf course was stretched out for miles of open grass land and trees dotted the foundation. I'd never been there because I never fancied golf. Another thing me and Jacob have in common.
We were at the intersection in no time. Looking up at an stubborn red light. When it finally spared itself enough time to turn an lazy green, we drove. We listened to We Will Rock You by Queen on the radio and sung it. It reminded me of singing with Tré the other day. Already an distant memory.
I drove up to the classy, one story house neighborhood. Up the street my sister has lived on for an solid five years. You can pick her house out straight away. Not because its the cleanest house on the block, but because it is the dirtiest.
With Mike working in mechanic stuff. He's pretty much an built in pack rat when he gets something free at work to drag home and sit in the yard. I'll also clear this up straight away. Myriah isn't an back breaker at keeping the yard trimmed anyways.
I pulled up on the curb. I'm used to usually coming here alone. So it was an little awkward with Jacob in the car. I think he may be thinking the same thing.
My sister peeked out her front curtains, an blanket hanging from an bare curtain rod so it almost counts. My loud music blasted from my speakers until I killed the engine and gathered my stuff. Hopping out onto the curb and walking towards the house. It's small. Which is perfect for her and Mike. It's and little one bedroom, one bathroom house. Complete with an big weedy yard, an little kitchen, an small living room and to top it all off, an creepy basement. It's one of those ones that you see in an horror film. It's technically not an basement. But an cellar because you enter from the outside of the house. It's creepy and webby. Plenty of bugs down there to keep you company.
Her room is probably the biggest in the house. Hardly big enough to park two of my car's in, but almost. Her living room is the same as it was since last time I was here. Which is an living miracle in itself. She's one to move furniture almost daily.
The big tv, ps3, movie posters and horse paintings on the walls. Two couches that were too big for the small space and left things cramped. The carpet was that scruffy stuff that they put on the floors of department stores. The walls were an dirty white. Everything as I remember...
If you haven't noticed by now, I'm really clingy to my memories. I don't really know why I linger in the past. There's an whole future beyond me. I just need to get out there and push myself away from the past. Worry more about whats to come rather than what's happened.
We walked up onto the porch. My sister smiled. Leaning casually against the wall smoking an cigarette. She never let go of that since the black days.
“You didn't say you were coming.” she smiled and hugged me. Which surprised me because she hasn't done that in an very long time. Like forever ago.
“Well, I was kicked out of my own house so that they could commence work on their song for tomorrow night.” I rolled my eyes. “So now you get to put up with me.” I grinned.
She rolled her eyes this time and gestured for us to follow her inside while she bummed her cigarette on the stoop.
She left the front door open to let in some summer air. Like what I do. Even though she has air conditioning. She sat back down onto the couch. Looking up pleasantly at us.
“Hey Jake, you with my sister yet?”
Jacob had nothing to reply to that with so he smiled And shrugged. The sly little terd. Just slink out from under my sister's radar of attention.
Myriah shrugged and looked at the tv. Watching an movie that I'm pretty sure she's already watched an million times. We all hung around on the couch. I opened my bag, found some paper and an pen and went to more work listing my chords and their order so i can memorize them better in my head when I practice tonight. 
My mind wandered while Myriah and Jacob were absolutely interested in the movie they were watching. So I could tune them out and think freely.
I can't believe that Green Day will probably be gone within the next week. I'm so greedy to believe that they'd stay forever when they have their own lives to live. Family and friends in California to return to while I hoped to hog them for the remainder of the summer. It's an simple wish. Tomorrow is the first of September. And I'm scared out of my mind. You see, it's an very backwards thing.
I could follow Green Day everywhere. Shadowing them at concerts. Run out on stage and preach to the crowd about their luck. But when it comes straight down to just playing an guitar and singing in front of the locals where I'll probably know most of them, I feel like I can't do it. Almost completely sure that I could do it if it were only the locals. Not Green Day staring me down as I work. That's my stage fright. Well all I can say about that is that I'd better get over it, concert's tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some filling ;)