Status: Well... I hope this is what you were all expecting for an good, clean start to kick of the sequel. Let me know!

Viva La Gloria II: 21st Century Breakdown

19. 21 All Over Again

I leapt an mile. I should have suspected someone would have wanted to get back at me for being late home. But seriously? That's the lightest punishment I've ever gotten. 
I spun around to face Tré. His orange hair shagged in his eyes. He grinned and crushed me in an hug. What the fuck? I excepted it until I realized why Tré was so out of character. The buzzing, sour smell of alcohol floated off his breath in an big cloud. How lovely, Tré got himself drunk... I pulled away. I hate the smell of alcohol. It smells of failure and depression.
“I missed you so!” Tré wailed. Leaning in for another hug. I pushed him back lightly. “Thats alright Tré. You don't need to hug me.”
He sighed “I suppose your right... But I don't care.” he draped his arms around my neck as I walked to the back bedroom. Him trailing drunkenly behind.
I threw open Billie's door. He was laughing hysterically, but didn't look as buzzed as Tré was. Mike and Jason were absolutely sober. Staring sadly at Billie. Until Mike looked up and noticed my pet Tré.
“They found the alcohol.” he defended lightly. Looking back down at Billie who was sprawled out on the carpet. Hardly leaning against the bed to stay partially sat up.
I pursed my lips “I see that.”
Billie waved limply at me.
I waved halfheartedly back.
“I thought you were all ready to go?” I asked dropping cross legged onto the floor. Tré following.
I sighed and look at Billie.
“You drunken sob.” I muttered. Glaring playfully at him.
He pointed an lazy finger at me “I am not... *deep breath* drunk...” he slurred.
I shook my head sadly “I leave the house for an few hours and you locate any alcohol in the house.”
Billie rolled his eyes and sat up an bit straighter. Rubbing his eyes somehow hoping that will take the drunken state away with it.
He blinked several times and leaned over an leather spined notebook. Writing furiously along three rows of words. Creating an first stanza of lyrics to an song that I'm pretty sure he does not intend to share with me, secretive little terd...
He sat up straight and pressed his palms into his back and yawned. Setting aside the pale yellow Stratocaster.
He yawned loudly, then sank back down comfortably against the mattress. Picking up the notebook and slowly writing an few more words down. And kind of making me uneasy as he did, because he kept stealing glances in my direction. Like he was drawing an portrait rather than writing an song. Finally, he tossed his book aside. The binder sprawling out flat on the floor. He stood up and stretched,
“Whelp, we'd better get going.”
It was only four. But the sun was still burning bright like an ember in an fire.
He walked away, to the desk beside the bed. Picking up an few sheets of paper, also sprawled out in lyrics and chord names. 
“Yeah Mike. I think this one will be an nice change on the album.”
He was talking to Mike and the rest of the band only. So I took that as my signal to 'get out, this is band stuff.'
I got up and slinked out of the bedroom. This time successfully without pet Tré tagging along. I went across the living room. The windows were all opened throughout the house. Chasing out the stale, stuffy air. The sounds of birds chirping and cars buzzing by on the street and the distant echo of an trains horn.
The sounds of summer to be plain out simple.
I skipped merrily to my room. Even if 50% of Green Day were drunk, I had still promised them to take them. So if they are all bruised up when they get home because they ‘Didn't see the wall’ that is not my problem.
I picked up my guitar briefly and practiced through my song. Sucked in an nervous breath. It's tomorrow...
I set the guitar aside and just sung the lyrics for the next five minutes. Until Billie joyfully stumbled into the room. He looked aware of everything that was around him, but his feet didn't respond quite the same. He grinned “No more alcohol for me today.” he pledged.
I nodded in his direction. I'd have to see the proof first.
I got up and set my notebook onto the vanity. Turning to face him. He hung out in the corridor patiently.
“Ready to break every bone in your body?” I joked. Shrugging past him down the hallway. He nodded and followed behind “Should be eventful.”
His voice was clear and hardly slurred “You became sober quick.” I nodded in his direction.
He shrugged and looked down at his feet. “Lucky I guess.”
Something was up. He wasn't the joyful little bundle he had been at the party yesterday. Then again he had promised to be on his best behavior. So that could be the reason his happy barrier was down.
I shrugged it off and continued to get ready.

Tré was giggling in the backseat. The radio blew an song i didn't know loudly. But from them singing it, I guessed that they probably knew it. Thr sun was setting. A nice warm color over Torrington. I drove up north in thr direction of the airport and fancy houses. The skate city was in a little area in there with some other businesses. As much as I knew I needed to keep my eyes on the road, I was stealing glances at Billie in the shotgun seat. He looked sober enough. But that doesn't exactly mean that taking a previously drunk person to a rollerskating rink to slam into walls on purpose is going to be a good thing... Just unbearable to watch. I could picture it already, and to my own surprise, I chuckled. I don't think he noticed though, he was too lost in his own thoughts and watching the city pass by smoothly as we drove.
I recognized thr building straight off. A big white building with double doors on it's front and a big black sign overhead declaring it to be skate city. We parked among a few other cars. I was grateful that there were not many people here now, to distract Billie by calling out to him like a fangirl, or any of them for that matter, turn and look... Continue to drift, and SLAMMO! into the wall just like that. As if being drunken wasn't bad enough but to hit every wall in sight because you can't move your feet. 
We climbed out and walked towards the door. Pulled one open and we all trailed inside. Loud music poured fourth from the speakers that I recognized by being AC/DC's Hells Bells. And it sounded pretty damn awesome being that loud. I grinned involuntarily as we walked towards the long wood counter for roller skates. 
... After getting laced up, I looked over at Tré in the lightest of all glances, to see what kind of skates he'd gotten... Pink. Pink Disney princesses on his skates and he tied the laces fondly and stood in them proudly. If this isn't a weird beginning to this night, then I don't know what is... I shook off the image off Tré's skates and we leached onto each other and shuffled fourth onto the rink. Hanging onto each other in a chain reaction. So if someone on the line of safety falters, we all go down...

We had smoothly managed to wriggle out onto thr rink and slowly began to untangle ourselves from each other to get used to having rolly feet. Lean too much in one direction and you'll probably go shooting in the opposite direction. I laughed and began to make slow glides while the rest were trying to figure it out... Then there is Jason. He soared around the room like a figure skater on ice with a serious look on his face like it was all just business. Until he slammed into his first wall. I think he just stuck to shuffling after that.

I was laughing too hard to notice Mike slam into me and hug me tightly to keep from going down. I tried to wrench him off of me before— too late... We both sat upon sore tailbones on the cold floor. I shot a glare at the innocent looking Mike. We stumbled... A lot. Getting onto our feet. One of us would get up and help the other one and end up falling on our asses again. In a painful giggling fit of course.

Eventually we were gliding together. Only occasionally rolling flat out into a wall. Then I'm guessing that the woman who had given us our skates and was incharge of the music must have finally recognized Green Day because Basket Case came on. Followed by Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I was kinda happy that we were the only ones here. We worked out a entire skit like the Boulevard of Broken Dreams music video to the song and ended up in another fit of laughter when it ended and went to a Foo Fighters song while we swerved aimlessly around. I pulled out my cell phone and gasped. Of course it was a cheap, crappy phone but still. Half the screen was black and a jagged crack ran beneath the surface. So... Apparently I fell on it a lot more then I let on...

The time was five. And now all the collage students and teens who had jobs were off work and were walking through the double doors in a herd. We all huddled together and skated as a protective team. It was kind of ridiculous really but I didn't care. I laughed a lot and actually left the rink and sat on a bench just outside of the rink and re tied  my skate laces. Before getting up and wobbling back out onto the rink uncertanly.

But then I saw it. And I, Gloriana Andys felt it for the first time.
Heartbreak. Betrayal and worst of all... Jealousy. Which I was rarely jealous about anything. So why would something as minor as Billie talking to some collage student bother me?
She was tall and blond. Easily beautiful without makeup and looked around 23. Two years younger than I and certainly more pretty too.

My heart dropped for miles in the endless abyss that was my soul. Blackening as the seconds ticked away and it took every drop of self control I had not to go over there and rudely interrupt their conversation.

Instead I just merely drifted in annoyed little circles around the left side of the rink while they occupied the right. I refused to make eye contact with the guy who had single handedly broke my heart without even knowing it.

“Gloria! Yoo hoo!”

I turned around to see my sister and Mike walking towards the wall of the rink with skates dangling from her hands.

I skated slowly over and slammed softly into the waist high cinder block wall.

“Hi.” I smiled. Trying to seem genuinely happy when that was kind of impossible right now. 

Her smile faltered a little bot then came back ten times brighter. “Hey Mike, could you go get my purse?” she asked without looking at him.

“But you said that you did—”

She gave him a puppy dog face and he rolled his eyes and headed out to the car.

“So whats up?” she laughed while lifting herself up onto the wall and kicking her heels lightly against it.

I shrugged “Trouble..”

“What's going on?” she whispered.

I sighed and lifted myself up beside her and looked out across the rink. Billie was talking enthusiastically with her still and hadn't spent a single glance in my direction. I sighed again and dropped my head into my hands “Am I supposed to be jealous?” I whispered.
My sister shrugged and stopped kicking her feet “You like him?”

I gave a unhumored laugh “How transparent must I be?”

She sighed “S'pos your right... Who is she?” she asked. We both watched the girl flirt with Billie while he chatted away about something we probably didn't have in common and she was just pretending to listen to get him to like her.

“I don't know, a collage student maybe.”

“Oh that's Vanessa York.” I heard from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a girl. With unnaturally red hair and tattoos on her arms and legs. Wearing a royal blue halter top and denim cutoff shorts.
I swallowed hard. Vanessa York?... As in the mayors daughter? I looked out at hoe familiar she looked even from here.

“Like... Like the mayors Daughter Vanessa York?” I asked. She nodded and drank the rest of her mountain dew and looked indifferently down at the floor. “Yep.”

“I thought she had black hair.” I murmured while looking back at the formally named Vanessa York.

She laughed again “Yeah. She did.” she emphasized did. “she dyed it blond like a month or so ago.” 

I felt a twitch of nervousness in my stomach. Billie was not mine. Never was and I am ridiculously stupid to believe that he ever would be. I think my sister noticed how my eyes darkened and my knuckles tuned white as they gripped the edge of my black tank top. In a hopeless attempt to fix something. To pretend she really wasn't there. Though she probably didn't even know I was there, I knew she hated me. I stood up to her at camp and well... No normal person would just let that go. Not even me.
I jumped off the wall then for some reason. Half expecting to actually land on my feet, but my feet weren't there, they rolled out from under me and I landed on my backside hard. I laid there staring up at the ceiling on my back, utterly dazed. I realized I had no breath in my lungs and struggled to catch my breath since it had been sacked out of me. Suddenly a familiar pair of green eyes and black hair appeared above me. I wanted to glare blades at him but since he was never mine, I really had no reason to be pissed at him.

I coughed and pulled myself  up into a poor sitting position and rook in a deep calming breath. I wanted to puke quite honestly. Not because of my fall, but because Vanessa York skated over beside him in false concern. I wanted nothing more than to curl up into a tight ball and pout.

“Gloria, you all right?” Billie waved a hand across my eyes and I smacked it away, Mike held out his hand and helped me up onto my feet. I gratefully took it since Billie did nothing but hover over me. I held onto Mikes tattooed arm for support because I felt a little dizzy.

I took another deep breath. Mike was back without Myriah's purse. Which told me that he must have sensed that she wanted to talk alone.
I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I smiled as convincingly as I could and skated away. Toward the Dj's booth and requested that they play 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' by Scorpions.
I then went out. Closed my eyes as I drifted. Knowing I would run into anyone if they knew what was food for them and got the hell out of my way.

I sung loudly to draw attention to my horrible voice. I was singing badly on purpose to scream at people to avoid me. I didn't want to have more heartbreak than I needed for one night. I opened my eyes long enough to see Billie talking with Vanessa again... I wasn't watching where I was going and slammed into someone.

“Shit I'm sorry.” I said righting myself. Looking up into the beautiful brown eyes of a guy six inches higher than me with raven bronze hair. He was gorgeous and had tattoos on his arms.

“No prob, don't worry about it.” he laughed. Even his voice was awesome. Musical even.

I just breathed a laugh and talked to him for a few minutes. I glanced over long enough to see Billie looking at me dead on. He was no longer paying attention to a single word Vanesa was blabbering to him. The tall guy I was with, his name was Drake. But alas, he had to go. Without asking for my number, he walked off out the double doors. I sighed. It was true, nothing is ever built to last...
I skated alone again. But I was aware of someones eyes on me. Watching me for weakness.
♠ ♠ ♠
A liitle longer one, I just finished writing it
Comments welcome
Xoxo