I Love the Way You Lie

1/3

I wouldn't stay I had the perfect life, but it wasn't far from it. I sang in an amazing band, money wasn't an issue, my family and friends were supportive and I had an amazing boyfriend. It all started back in high school when my best friend Angelo and I wanted to be in a band. My mom let us use the spare room to practice and we used to jam with some friends. After doing a few covers of some of our favourite bands, we then decided to write our own songs. My brother works at a local club and managed to fit us in for gigs every few weeks. Surprisingly people enjoyed our music and this encouraged me to write and play more and more. Two eps and two albums later we're now known as Motionless in White and we're doing pretty damn good. I'm the only original member left though, Angelo left under a year ago so we replaced him with a close friend of the band named Brandon. I was devastated when Angelo told us about his decision to leave, but I had to respect his choices and move on with the band. Now we're in the studios recording our third album.

As for my amazing boyfriend, his name is Ricky Olson and yes he's the guitarist of the band. Once our old bass player left I had to find a replacement and this is how we found Ricky. At first he was my best friend and I told him everything. But after my girlfriend of six years cheated and left me, I decided I was done with girls and started to like guys, and yes this included Ricky. I'm one for going for your dreams so I didn't hold back and watch my chances for something more slip away, I walked right up to him that winters night and told him exactly how I felt. How did it go? We live together and have just celebrated our three year anniversary last week.

I can still remember the night we came out to the fans. One simple tweet and twitter blew up with '#cricky' trending. It doesn't really matter what they think about our relationship, but it's great to know that we're accepted.

"Are you sure these jeans don't make me too fat?" Ricky asked checking himself out in the mirror.

"Ricky, you're so skinny I feel like I could snap you anytime I'm near you," I said applying black eyeliner around my eyes.

"I just want to look nice," he pouted.

"We're going to the cinema, no one will even see you," I told him.

Ricky smirked walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist, "Mmm well maybe I could just wear nothing at all?"

I laughed, "As much as I would love that the lights do go on sometimes and I don't want to tell people my boyfriend got arrested for public nudity."

"Well we better go then, it starts in ten minutes and I want popcorn!" Ricky said stubbornly pulling me downstairs.

"We have our own popcorn? Saves us paying for that overpriced crap!" I huffed.

Ricky rolled his eyes, "Oh don't be such a cheapskate, it's not even $5 for a bag."

I unlocked the front door and led Ricky outside. I opened the car door leading to the passengers seat and let Ricky sit down. I walked over to my side and climbed in.

"Well it's $5 I could spend on more important things," I said before starting the car and driving away.

Ricky laughed and I could hear the smirk in his voice, "What? More important things like chicken wings?"

I smirked slowing down as we reached a traffic light, "Exactly that."

"Are you even sure about this movie? I mean it's looks good but everyone is saying it's awful," Ricky asked.

I struggled driving faster as we reached the freeway, "Ryan said it was good? I doubt it's that bad, besides I haven't seen a movie like it before."

"I don't trust Ryan, especially when it comes to films. I mean a chick who's pregnant with the anti-Christ, what possibly could be exciting about that?" He huffed sinking into his chair more.

"I mean plot twist? Look at Orphan for example, I did not expect that young girl to be a 30 year old woman," I said.

"True, but if this movie is crap you owe me one," Ricky stated.

I scoffed pulling into the parking lot of the cinema, "No way! Ryan suggested it!"

I parked the car near the entrance and Ricky and I both left. I gave him some money to get snacks whilst I waited in line for the tickets.

"How may I help you?" A young girl asked at the desk.

"Two adults for Devils due," I said.

"That's $14, enjoy your film." We exchanged the money and tickets so I made my way to where Ricky was standing.

"They didn't have any diet cola so I just got you a normal one," Ricky said handing me the drink.

We both headed into the cinema and took our usual seats right at the back. About five minutes later the light dimmed and the film began. Ricky rested his head on my shoulder so I wrapped my arm around him. I began to munch on Ricky's popcorn as the opening scene played.

~ ~ ~

"That was honestly the worst movie ever, you owe me big time!" Ricky whined as we headed back into the house.

"Yeah it sucked but that's not my fault," I shrugged tiredly kicking off my shoes.

We both headed upstairs since it was midnight and Ricky was still complaining.

"I mean I wouldn't of even went into that club in the first place never mind trying to go near some psychopath giving herself a c-section as creepy guys surround your house!" He stated slipping out of his pants and climbing into bed.

Once I was fully stripped I joined him pulling the blankets over our bodies, "People have different ways of dealing with things?"

Ricky turned off the light causing the room to go dark, "She was carving religious symbols onto the floor with a knife it's common sense to get the fuck out of there!"

"What so if I ever got possessed by a demon you would leave me?" I teased nudging him slightly.

He groaned resting his head against my chest, "You know what I mean."

I smirked kissing the top of his forehead, "Goodnight Ricky, I love you."

"I love you too Chris," he yawned falling into a deep sleep...