I Love the Way You Lie

2/3

"That's too high, try playing it on the E string," I instructed Devin as we tried to add a new bass line for the album.

Devin did as I asked playing the rhythm we created for the song but on a lower scale.

"That's too low, how about I just play it a few frets down on the A string?" Devin suggested.

"That's a really big jump from the last note, are you sure you can do that?" I asked.

Devin shoved me playfully, "Of course I can, I'm not that bad!"

He began to play the notes and I knew I had found the right one.

"Yes! That's perfect!" I said writing down the piece of music.

"Ricky said he was coming down tomorrow, he has an idea for a song and he wants me to help him," Devin informed me.

Suddenly Ricky walked into the room, "I heard my name?"

"I was just telling Chris that you need me to help you with the song since I'm clearly a lyrical genius," Devin smirked.

Ricky gasped faking offence and nudging Devin slightly as he sat beside him, "That's so not true! If anything you need me."

"Bitch please, don't flatter yourself," Devin laughed.

Ricky leaned his head on Devin's shoulder ruffling his black hair, "You love me really."

I laughed along as they continued to tease each other but I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable and jealous. Ricky and Devin were pretty close and touchy as they 'jokingly' went on about how much they need each other. I'm probably just paranoid but after having a girlfriend for six years who just turns around and cheats on you I'm allowed to be a little suspicious right?

Honestly now that I think about it Devin and Ricky have been getting a lot closer the past few months. Ricky's going out with me and Devin's bi, they're both attractive so why wouldn't they go for each other? Nonsense Chris! They're just friends, right?

"Chris? Chris!" Ricky yelled trying to gain my attention as he waved his arms in front of my face.

I jumped slightly having been interrupted from my thoughts. As I looked at Ricky it reminded me that he is mine and after three years he'll never leave me.

"Devin's leaving now, I phoned a pizza while you were lost in dreamland," Ricky informed me walking over to the kitchen.

As he walked into the next room he went past Devin who was packing his bass up. Ricky smiled and wrapped his arms around Devin embracing him in a hug to which he immediately reacted back. A few seconds later Devin pulled away and I could see the disappointment in Ricky's blue orbs.

"Bye Ricky, I'll see you tomorrow!" Devin said before the front door slammed shut.

"Bye Dev!" Ricky said before walking off into the kitchen.

"You guys looked cosy there," I laughed nervously.

Ricky only chuckled in return.He didn't deny it...

"Are you okay?" Ricky asked.

"I'm fine," I replied fiddling around with my hands.

"Are you sure-"

The doorbell rang signally that the pizza had arrived cutting Ricky off from questioning me further. I stood up to collect the pizza while Ricky set out the dishes.

"That's $10," the delivery man said handing me the boxes.

I passed him the money in exchange for the food and closed the front door. I went back into the living room and sat down where I was previously sitting. Ricky sat beside me and turned on the television. Luckily 'Dark Shadows' was on so we sat and watched that as we ate our pizza.

~ ~ ~

"Who was that?" I asked Ricky as he returned to the bedroom after a long phone call.

"What?" Ricky mumbled plugging his phone into the charger, "Oh it was just...Devin."

I sighed sitting up straight on the bed, "You were on the phone for 20 minutes, you saw him today and you're seeing him again tomorrow," I pointed out.

Ricky shrugged without another word stripping out of his clothes.

"I love you," I told him.

Ricky smiled and leaned over turning off the light.

He didn't return it? He always does...

Does he not love me anymore? Is he cheating on me with Devin? Oh god he is isn't he?

"Ricky...is there something you're not telling me?" I stuttered nervously.

"No?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.

I sighed, "Night Ricky."

"Night Chris." He didn't cuddle up into me like usual. Instead his back was turned away.

~ ~ ~

"I just can't do this anymore Chris..." Ricky said as he lay naked in our bed with Devin.

"You said you loved me!" I cried.

"I don't Chris, I never did. I have Devin now you need to get over this," Ricky stated harshly.

I sobbed loudly, "How could you does this to me?"

"That's life Chris, and we've talked to the rest of the guys and we've all agreed that you have to leave the band," Devin said.

"What? No! How is that fair I've been in the band since the beginning, I'm the singer!"

"Get over it Chris," Ricky snapped viciously. "I want you out of my house by the afternoon got it?"

"But Ricky I love you..." I said just above a whisper.

"Well I love Devin now, and there's nothing you can do about it."


I bolted upright in my bed. I was panting like crazy. I was sweating but shivering at the same time. That nightmare felt so real...

I looked over to Ricky's side of the bed to see he wasn't there. I swallowed the lump in my throat and reached over to grab the note sitting on his pillow.

Went over to Devin's.

-Ricky


I really didn't want to hear that after the nightmare I just had. His pillow was still warm so he must of left just recently. I reached over to grab my phone to find that it was already 12pm. I sighed and climbed out of bed, throwing on a pair of boxers and a baggy shirt. Hey I wasn't going anywhere today.

I sent Ryan a quick text asking if he wanted to come over. I had to talk about my dream and my suspicions. Ryan is the one I trust the most and honestly I couldn't do anything without him. He replied saying he would be over soon, so I quickly brushed my teeth and walked downstairs.

I was sitting drinking my morning coffee when Ryan walked in and sat down beside me on the couch.

"I love how you always dress up for me coming round," Ryan smirked as he looked over me.

I shrugged, "I'm not going anywhere what's the point?"

"Are you okay? You sound upset," Ryan questioned.

I sighed, "I think Ricky's cheating on me with Devin."

"Why would you think that?" Ryan asked shocked.

"Because I've seen the way they are together and Ricky's been acting weird lately," I explained.

"Weird like what?" Ryan questioned further.

"I told him I loved him last night like I do everyday and he just smiled," I stated.

"What so all the times he has said he loved you aren't important and you're dwelling over the one time he didn't say it back?" Ryan pointed out.

"I'm scared...especially after what happened with Juliet I couldn't handle it again," I sniffed.

Ryan placed his hand on top of mine, "Chris...I think you're overreacting. Ricky loves you very much and he would never do that to you. Just remember that if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you buddy."

"Thanks Ryan, it means a lot man," I smiled.

The rest of the day Ryan and I watched movies and just chatted. He left about an hour ago, and I was still sitting here waiting for Ricky. All of a sudden I heard the front door open and Ricky walked into the living room. I smiled when I saw him, standing up to greet him with a kiss like I always do. But then I saw something:

He had a hickey on his neck.