I Love the Way You Lie

3/3

"Ricky what the fuck!" I yelled as I shoved him away from me.

"What?" He asked confused.

"The love bite on your neck, who gave you that!" I demanded trapping his body against the wall.

"I-I ...it's n-not-"

"Don't fucking lie to me!" I snapped punching my fist through the wall next to him. "You better tell me the fucking truth, who gave you that hickey!"

"I-I was play-playing on my phone I-in bed and I accidentally dropped i-it on me, y-you know how much I-I bruise easily," he stuttered in fear.

I growled grabbing his black hair and tugging hard, "Don't expect me to believe your bullshit Ricky!"

"Chris I swear!" He cried, "Please you are hurting me!" He begged.

I threw him onto the floor and walked away heading upstairs to our room. I slammed the door shut causing the walls to shake. I can't believe he's actually cheating on me! This is my evidence I just need to prove it. After everything I have ever did for him he turns around and spits it in my face.

To Ryan:

Hey man, Ricky just came home with hickies on his neck...

From Ryan:

Shit dude I'm so sorry, do you want me to come over?

To Ryan:

I'm fine just now, thanks though


I groaned loudly running my hands through my hair before slamming my fists on the desk. I pulled out my notebook and pen and began writing new lyrics.

The wall that I have built to keep you out is starting to rust
Because everything around me just reminds me of us.
I am an addict for dramatic, black hair and pale skin.
Yet I'm still collecting bones, but that's why closets are for skeletons

Undress your body, hold it over my head
Because you know that if you knock then
I'll always let you in
I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till we disappear

You said you'd never hurt me
Now this is all that we have left
You were supposed to save me
From myself

The wall that I have built to keep you out has crumbled to dust
And I hope that everything you see reminds you of us
I've been gone for so long that I forgot what is real
So I don't care if I will miss you, please just fuck me till we disappear

You never said you'd hurt me
Now this is all that we have left
You were supposed to save me
From myself

You said you'd never love me
But look how hard someone can fall
I was supposed to save you
From yourself

Now the sky is on fire and we lie wide awake
There is no other way than to make this mistake
We can't control who we hurt so we fuck the pain away
So put all of your pride, all your guilt into me
And suck the breath from my lungs and I'll swallow your hate
We can't control how we hurt so we fuck the pain away


I sighed placing the pen down on my desk when I heard Ricky walk in.

"C-Chris," he whimpered.

I stood up and walked over to him causing him to cower away. I could see why. His eyes were bloodshot red from crying and a bruise was forming on his cheek all because of me.

"I-I'm so sorry," Ricky said softly before running into my arms.

I petted his hair as I let him cry it out. He kept whispering how sorry he was over and over again.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. He just wiped away his tears looking up into my eyes.

"I love you so much Chris...I'm so sorry." He leaned up and connected our lips in an unexpected kiss.

I lifted him up and threw him down on the bed, crawling on top of him and ripping off his clothes. For the next hour we both had completely forgotten why we were even angry at each other.

"Chris," Ricky panted, tangled in the bed sheets.

"Yes baby?" I asked pulling my boxers back on.

"I love you..." He whimpered. A few seconds later soft snored sounded from him and I knew I had knocked him out completely. I ran my fingers over his face and gently over the bruise cringing when he groaned in his sleep.

I pulled the blankets over our bodies and I wrapped my arms around his small frame. I closed my eyes and dreamland took over...

~ ~ ~

"Devin fucking Sola open this door right now before I knocked it down myself!" I yelled loudly as I banged on his front door.

A few seconds later he answered. His hair was scruffy and he wasn't wearing makeup. In fact the only thing he was wearing was a pair of loose boxers.

"Chris it's 8am on a Saturday what do you want," he yawned tiredly.

I shoved past him walking into his house uninvited. He opened his mouth to question me but my anger took over and I slammed him against the wall, holding him in the air by his throat.

"Chris what the fuck!" He yelled in fear clawing at my grip around his neck.

"I'm going to ask this once, and I want a yes or no answer," I explained sternly, "Are you sleeping with my boyfriend?"

"No," he said.

I growled throwing him onto the floor, "Liar!"

"Chris I don't know what you're talking about," he panted.

I stormed over to him grabbing his hair and smashing his face against the ground, "Don't fucking lie to me Devin! I know you guys weren't writing music yesterday you were fucking, Ricky has the love bites to prove it!"

Devin cried out as his head collided with the floor, "It wasn't me, he didn't even turn up yesterday!"

I loosed my grip on his hair and stood up, "What do you mean?"

Devin was shaking violently as he pulled his knees up to his chest, "H-He never came yesterday so Josh and I went to the cinema, as Josh if you don't believe me, they had a Friday the 13th marathon we were there all day!"

I screamed loudly swinging my arm over the table smashing all the photo frames and ornaments that were once lined up neatly. Devin sobbed as I kicked a piece of shattered glass on the floor. My arm was badly bleeding but I didn't give fuck just now.

"Where was he then?" I demanded to know.

"I-I don't know! He hasn't been replying to my texts!" Devin explained.

I screamed out in frustration again opening the front door and slamming it shut. I ran over to the car and headed back to my house as quickly as possible. As I approached my house I noticed a familiar car parked outside and it made my heart jump.

I slowly opened the front door and instantly the moans and cries of pleasure were heard from our bedroom. I slowly made my way upstairs careful not to make any noise. I felt myself begin to panic and my anxiety levels were off the roof. This was all too familiar...from six years ago and the dream.

I felt like breaking down sobbing every time I heard my boyfriend scream his name. Finally I reached the door. I placed my hand on the door handle before taking a deep breath and opening the door. My eyes instantly landed on my worst nightmare.

Ricky's head was thrown back screaming in pleasure as one of my best friends pounded into him. I felt myself shaking as I watched this happen in front of me. My eyesight became blurring and I collapsed to the floor.

My boyfriend, I trusted him with my life and he does this to me...
My best friend who promised he would always be there for me and he does this to me...


My heart ached as the room around me felt like it was spinning. It wasn't Devin who Ricky was having an affair with, it was Ryan.