The Boy the Girl and the Rain

The Boy The Girl And The Rain

It started off as a beautiful day. I was taking a lovely stroll down by the beach with my lovely boyfriend Pete. We were talking about the movie we had just seen, We’re The Millers. We couldn’t stop laughing at this one part in the movie. Where the boy Kenny get bitten by a spider, as we continued to laugh we hardly noticed the clouds rolling in. The rain came out of nowhere.

“Pete we have to get out of the rain. Quickly my shirt is going see through.” I grabbed a hold of Pete’s hand, but he seemed a little distracted. I smacked him over the head. “My eyes are up here genius, and we have to get out of this rain. It doesn’t look like normal rain.” The Sky had turned a weird purple colour.
“You’re right Chelsea, we do need to get out of here. That defiantly does not look like rain.” Pete put a worried arm around me and pushed me forward. The rain came down harder and harder. It was like bullets. We finally made it undercover.

As we stood undercover I began to shiver uncontrollably. The next thing I know Pete had given me his jacket. I looked over and smiled at him in gratitude. As I leaned up to give Pete his thank you kiss, I smelt a burning. I looked over to see that the rain had turned to acid. I walked over and picked up a shoe. I tossed it into the rain and watched as it began to burn.

“That explains the purple in the sky.” I mumbled to myself.

“Pardon?” Pete inquired. He too had been watching the rain.

“The rain. Its acidic, that explains why the sky was that deep purple.” I looked around our surroundings, and noticed we were standing under a car port, and the front door to the house was right beside me.

“We have to get this door open. Just in case the rain comes through the roof.”

Pete and I tried to knock on the door, but no one answered. We tried to break the door down but it wouldn’t budge. We were stuck outside. All of a sudden the wind changed direction. The rain started heading toward us, and by some miracle the rain hit the lock in the door, and it opened. Unbelievable but it happened. We quickly rushed to the door. Once we made it inside I could see small holes in our clothes. I was too busy examining our close that I didn’t notice the old lady starring at us. I jumped in surprise.

“Im so sorry mam, we didn’t realize anyone was home” Pete said, as soon as he noticed the old lady.

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” Screamed the old lady.

“Mam please calm down.” I tried to console her.

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! THEIFS!” Yelled the old lady.

“Mam, please we can’t go outside. The rain is acidic. It will burn us.” I tried to plead with the old lady, but she didn’t want to listen. She grabbed me by the arm and started to shake me.

“Let go!” Yelled Pete, Without thinking Pete pushed the old lady. He pulled me down the hall to a bedroom where he locked us in. We could see the rain pouring down outside. There was also little holes where the rain hit. “We will leave as soon as the rain is gone”

“NO! I AM CALLING THE POLICE!” I heard the old lady’s footsteps fade away.

We waited for about half an hour. The rain still pelting down outside, and still no sign of the police. We saw the old lady go outside.

“Pete! Quickly stop her, before the acid gets her!” I exclaimed. Pete ran out to her, but he wasn’t in time. The last thing I heard from the old lady was her screams of pain. “I’m sorry Chels I tried.” Pete said as he walked back in.

“It’s okay, I saw.” I walked up to him, and gave him a comforting kiss.

We stayed in that room for a few hours. The rain just wouldn’t stop. Once the rain finally stopped we ran outside. We looked around everything seemed normal. We couldn’t see the old lady’s body anywhere. Pete pulled me along. We ran as fast as we could. I heard a crack of thunder. I stopped suddenly. I could feel my feet getting wet, but that didn’t matter. Why, because as I looked up to the sky I saw a bolt of lightning heading right toward me.

I awoke with a start. Breathing heavily, I looked around at my surroundings. I was sitting in my lounge room. Pete right beside me, and Emerald in the recliner over by the corner, Pete looked up at me. I leaned down and kissed him full on the lips.

“What was that for?” He asked.

“I had a bad dream.” I replied. He smiled at me and gave me a comforting kiss.
Emerald looked over at us. “Oh get a room you two!”

I stuck my tongue out at her. Just as Pete leaned up and kissed me square on the lips. I giggled just as Emerald rolled her eyes at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you think :D