Status: Coming soon.

Homecoming

moving back.

"Are you really going to move back?" Danny asked me over the phone.

"I don't know. I don't think my parents want me to." I sighed. "Maybe when college comes around I can move back."

"Soph, college is three years away." Danny told me. "I can't wait that long. Lydia cannot wait that long, your brother cannot wait that long."

"I'll visit. I promise. It's just that, my dad has got my on a short leash here, Danny. He's always thought of me living with him as sort of a way to get back at my mom for the divorce. Even though they act civil towards each other now, he's always wanted to show her that he's capable of raising me. And he always was, when we lived here with Mom and Scott. We were a happy family, and Scott and I used to look up to our Dad. When we moved, he wasn't raising me, he was just living with me. Just thinking of that house as a place to sleep in. I cook for myself, I walk to school, I spend all day by myself because I have no friends, all because of FBI Agent McCall and his pride."

"That's tough, Sophia. I don't know what to say. I'm really sorry." Danny replied gently. "I have to go, but tomorrow a few of us are going out for burgers and milkshakes if you want to come. I'm pretty sure Jackson and Lydia are going, so hopefully we'll see you there."

"Yeah, I'll see if I can make it. Bye Danny."

"Bye, Soph."

I laid on my bed, rubbing my temples. Finally I picked up the book on my bedside table, hoping that reading would calm me down. As I picked up a book, I heard mumbles coming from Mom's room. She was on the phone. I stepped out of my room, getting a little closer and decided to listen in.

"I mean, I don't know what to say. She's not happy there, with you, Rafael. I think it would be good if she moved back. Even if it was just for a year. She's going to resent you if you don't let her do it now. You need to talk to her. She's my daughter too, and I just can't stand to see her like this. To be honest, I've never seen her happier than when she's with her friends. Just think about it, okay? Okay, yeah. See you soon. Okay, bye."

Hearing my mom shuffle out of her room, I slowly stepped back into mine, sitting on my bed and taking in everything I had heard. I picked up the book again, and began to read. Hoping once again, it would calm me down. I tried again and again, but I couldn't focus so I decided to go downstairs and look for something to eat.

Scott was sitting on the couch, texting somebody. He turned to face me and smiled.

"Hey Soph, if you hear the doorbell, can you get it? I'm going to get ready. Stiles and I are going to a movie." he told me. "Do you want to come with us?"

"No, that's okay. Lydia just texted me, she wants me to meet her and Mr. Ego at her house in an hour." I told him, referring to Jackson.

Scott chuckled. "Alright, I'll be down in like, 20 minutes."

Sprawling out on the couch, I reached over to the coffee table, grabbing the clicker and turned the TV on. A few minutes into the show I was watching, I heard a knock on the door. I lazily got up, and went to answer it.

Stiles was leant up against the door, but stood up properly when he saw me.

"H-Hey Sophia! I didn't know you were in town." he stuttered.

"Hey Stiles, Scott's in his room getting ready." I said, stepping aside to let him in.

"Oh, okay. I'll um, just wait here then."

"Well, I'm going out so I'm going to go upstairs and get ready. It was nice seeing you again, Stiles."

"Y-Yeah, you too Sophia."

~

"Sophia, babygirl. Wake up, sweetheart."

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt a weight on the end of the bed. I sat up, seeing my mom sitting there, giving me a small smile.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I asked groggily, with my morning voice.

"Your Dad is here. He wants to talk to you." Mom informed me. I looked at her confused, but never the less threw on a hoodie over my pyjama shirt and followed her downstairs. I saw my father there, sitting in front of the TV and watching the local news.

"Hi, Dad" I mumbled to his back. He turned around to face me.

"Sophia, sit down. I came down here cause I think it's time we had a talk." he said patting the seat next to him and turning of the TV.

"Your Dad and I think we may have come to a compromise." Mom told me, sitting down in the chair across.

"Listen, I know I've been a really crap Dad lately, Sophia. It's been really hard for me to spend time you and do my job at the same time. It took me this long to realize how unhappy you were. And I know you think that I made you live with me to get back at your Mom or something like that. Honestly, I'm not really sure what you think of me anymore. But the main reason I wanted you to come live with me, was because I wanted to make sure that I could always protect you. The same reason that I wanted Scott to stay and live with your Mom- because you two were in middle school, and Scott was becoming a man. I knew I could count on him to protect her. You will always be my little girl, no matter how old you are and I'm sorry I've neglected you." With that being said, my father looked me in the eyes. "So, are you ready to here my proposal?"

I simply nodded, allowing myself to take it all in.

"Your mother and I were talking and we agreed that you should move back. This year would be like a trial year. You would stay here for the year and go to school and if it becomes too much, you can drop out anytime and come live with me again. Just say the word. If you make it through the whole school year and want to move to Beacon Hills permanently, I will allow it."

"Are you serious?" I asked looking at Mom.

"We're serious." she nodded.

"Hey, what's going on?" Scott asked, coming down from his room, still in his pyjamas. He rubbed his eyes, looking at us. "This looks really serious."

"I'm moving back to Beacon Hills."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophia Outfit

Thanks for reading, hope you're liking it! Tell me what you think!
Thanks to everyone who's subscribed so far, and also these people for commenting;
ReadyToFall22
& Bre The Human

I appreciate it!
~ Kennedy. xx