Status: Get ready for one wild summer

Atonement Retreat

Adrienne Rockwood

“Rian for the love of God, get up!” A pillow then smacked down painfully onto Rian’s face, causing the brunette to groan loudly. She pushed it away, her dark eyes still hazed with sleep as she looked at the blonde smiling by the side of her bed. “Oh good, you’re awake.” Izzie smiled innocently. Rian groaned, knowing trying to go back to her dreams was futile as she tugged back the covers on her bed, sitting up and looking at her human alarm clock.

“I thought I told my roommate not to let you in here?” She asked, turning to the redhead sitting maybe ten feet away, who simply shrugged. Rian grumbled something, running a hand through her thick hair. “So, what did you want? Is it time to go?”

“I got somebody.” Izzie said, her voice giving away the squeal she was struggling to hold in. Rian instantly awoke, shooting out of bed and grabbing Izzie’s slender shoulders.

“Really?” She asked, not even having to clarify what the pretty blonde was talking about. Izzie’s head bobbed violently, causing her messy bun to bounce. “Rian, everything’s going to be okay.” She then gripped Rian tightly, causing the redhead to look at them strangely.

“What the hell are you two talking about?” She asked, obviously giving up her act of not eavesdropping as she set down her gossip magazine. Rian rolled her eyes, setting her hand on her hip.

“While we’re on the topic of twenty questions, how’s that tutor of yours, Duncan? I left to give you some privacy yesterday and came back to hear what sounded like a very interesting conversation.” The redhead flushed as Rian smirked. “Something about God, it was oh God this and oh God that and-”

“Jesus Rian.” The ginger muttered. “I’m just curious.”

“And I’m just giving you a hard time Jennifer.” Rian promised, walking over and plopping down before giving Jennifer a tight squeeze. “You see, Izzie and I work for this camp that takes kids in bad places and teaches them how to do good things with their lives.” Rian then sighed, looking over at Izzie sadly.

“But this year, they ran low on funding. They can’t even pay us as councilors.” Izzie continued. Rian then brightened up, jumping to her feet and skipping over before wrapping her arm tightly around her friend.

“But then this beauty here came up with the brilliant idea of getting celebrities to volunteer and donate their time and some funds, get us some hype, and possibly a few sponsors.” Rian finished. Jennifer nodded before turning to Izzie, her head falling to one side.

“So who’d you get?” Rian looked over, beaming.

“Yeah, who? Am I going to be spending the summer with One Direction? Or maybe Brad Pitt?” Rian asked. Izzie winced and Rian groaned. “Please, just tell me it’s not the Kardashians.”

“It’s not the Kardashians.” Izzie promised quickly. Rian leaned forward, waiting as Izzie smiled sheepishly, her big reveal tarnished by Rian’s high expectations.

“I got Tyler Posey and Dylan O’ Brien.” She said, pumping her fists in weak excitement. Rian looked at her for a a long moment, blinking several times before she spoke.

“Who?”

“They’re from Teen Wolf.” Jennifer said, she then flipped open her magazine, showing Rian a photo of two handsome young men, one had an adorable buttoned nose and three women wrapped around him. The other had dark, brooding eyes and a cold glare as his hand blocked most of the shot, his face stony with rage. Rian’s eyes then quickly read the headline.

Teen Wolf stars headed for trouble? Dylan can’t seem to get enough of the spotlight while his costar Tyler wants nothing more than to avoid it.” Rian read. She then slowly turned to Izzie, an eyebrow raised. “That’s the example we’re sending the kids this summer?” She grabbed the magazine out of Jennifer’s hand, ignoring her cry of disapproval. “One of them is a whore and one of them has anger issues.”

“They were the only ones who said yes.” Izzie admitted. Rian sighed, running a hand through her hair before grabbing her closest beanie and throwing it on. “Look, if it keeps Atonement Retreat open, it’s worth it, right?”

“Sounds like a rehab clinic.” Jennifer said, grabbing her magazine from Rian’s hand. The brunette rolled her eyes before turning to her roommate.

“So did Duncan leave before or after you called him Scott?” Jennifer’s eyes flew open as Rian grabbed the two suitcases she already had packed, looking back at Izzie. “Well? Come on, it’s a long ass drive to Crystal Lake.”

“Only nineteen hours.” Izzie chuckled. Rian turned back, smiling at her friend as Izzie grabbed one of her bags. As they walked out Rian turned back to Jennifer, smiling warmly.

“Don’t have too much fun with your tutors during summer quarter Jenny.” She chuckled. The redhead rolled her eyes, smiling as she flipped off the brunette before the door shut. Izzie looked over at Rian, giggling. Rian cocked an eyebrow at her. “What?”

“Nothing I just… why’d you sleep in your clothes?” She nodded to Rian’s white shorts and coral tee shirt. The brunette shrugged.

“I figured I was going to be sleeping in. Luckily for me Duncan finally left or you would have found me curled up in the hallway.” They were quiet as they made the quick walk across the small art school campus where Rian studied. Izzie then turned to her, chewing her lip and Rian knew something was up. “What?”

“Well, Paul decided that since it was our idea-”

“Your idea.” Rian corrected. Izzie rolled her eyes, chuckling.

“You helped me with it.” She insisted. “Anyway, since we’re the blame for Tyler and Dylan coming, Paul decided we’re also in charge of them.”

“What do you mean?” Rian asked, glancing sideways as Izzie as the blonde popped the trunk of Rian’s Volkswagen bus. It had become a tradition for them for Izzie to take the city bus from her campus a few miles away, and the two of them to drive up to camp in Rian’s ride and sleep in the back on the way. Rian haphazardly tossed her bags in the back before slamming the trunk and leaning on it, pressing Izzie. “What did Paul say Iz?”

“You and I are going to be partnered with them for camp instead of each other.” Rian just raised an eyebrow again, laughing in disbelief.

“What?”

“He said it’s a compliment.” Izzie chuckled. “Because I mean, what girls don’t want to spend the summer with two celebrities?”

“They’re not celebrities if no one knows who they are.” Rian said simply. Izzie chuckled and Rian let her head fall against the back of her car. “So, do you want Mr. Moody or Mr. Whore?”

“I’ll take Moody, I think you can handle womanizers better than I can.”

“Damn straight.” Rian chuckled. “And you’re more patient then I am and all that shit.”

“You know the rule Ri.” Izzie chuckled.

“That’s why I have to get all the swearing out before we get there.” She then tossed her head back, walking towards the driver’s side door as she sang. “Suck my dick, suck my motherfucking dick. Suck my dick, suck my, suck my dick.

“Charming.” Izzie laughed. Rian simply chuckled, beaming at her friend.

“Come on my dearest Isabella, your chariot awaits.” Rian laughed, slapping the side of the ancient machine that rivaled the age of their parents. Izzie chuckled, quickly hopping in the passenger’s side.

“Does it still even run?” She laughed. Rian winced, unable to remember the last time she’d taken her beloved bus in for a tune up. She then pulled out her keys, putting them into the ignition.

“Time to find out.”

▲ ▼ ▲


“This is so stupid, like, I don’t even think I can put into words how pointless this is.” Dylan grumbled as they drove through the mountain pass. “I had to tell Selena Gomez that I couldn’t come to her pool party because I was going to summer camp. Do you have any idea how stupid I must look?” Tyler was silent, his eyes on the road as the sun rose over the mountains, flooding the valley below with light. Dylan had to admit it was breathtaking, but not as breathtaking as the idea of his ultimate dream fuck in a thong bikini. He sighed, looking over at the mountains.

“It’s not stupid.” Tyler said finally, snapping Dylan from his visions of Selena asking him to put sunscreen on her back.

“What?” Tyler rolled his eyes, chuckling.

“This whole volunteering thing, I don’t like giving up my summer either, but I mean, it’s a good cause. Kids need good role models.”

“More like the counselors need a few good TV stars to jump into bed with.” Dylan winked. Tyler’s small smile immediately fell and Dylan sighed, reaching over and patting his arm. “Look, it’s been forever Ty.”

“I’m not going to fuck the campers Dylan.” He said bluntly. Dylan looked over at him for a moment before his usual devilish smile returned.

“Well, I’m single and ready to mingle.” He laughed.

“I’ve noticed.” Tyler muttered.

“Don’t be pissed at me because you’re still mad about what happened with Seana.” Dylan said. But he immediately regretted his words as he watched Tyler’s face fall even further. “Look, I didn’t mean-”

“Well, you said it and it’s out there, so it doesn’t matter how you meant it.” Tyler snapped. He then sighed, turning up the music. “It’s just a couple more hours.”

The couple of hours seemed to drag on forever as Tyler refused to stop, saying they couldn’t be late because they had to arrive before the campers and set everything up. Dylan just kept grumbling, looking out the window until finally they pulled up to the turnoff, but when they saw several paths, Tyler stopped the car.

“Alright, which way?” He turned to Dylan, who winced.

“I thought you had the directions?”

“You’re the navigator.” Tyler groaned.

“Not yesterday! Where’d you put them?” The two looked frantically around Tyler’s Prius before he sighed, his head falling back as he remembered where their only copy was.

“You took the paper to give that waitress my phone number.” He said, turning to Dylan. His friend smiled sheepishly at him, softly punching Tyler’s shoulder.

“At least I had good intentions?” He tried. Tyler looked ready to strangle him before a loud horn caused both boys to jump. Dylan turned to see an ancient VW bus behind them. He laughed at the piece of junk before a girl hopped out of the passenger’s side, her mile long legs causing Dylan’s imagination to go straight to the gutter as she walked over. She tapped on Dylan’s window, but he couldn’t stop looking at the sliver of the stomach shown off by her shirt before Tyler leaned over, smacking his cheek softly before rolling down the window for him.

The girl leaned over and Dylan couldn’t help but stare. Her brown eyes were dark, framed with long, black lashes. Her brown hair was pulled into a braid, showing off her perfect cheekbones and plump, pink lips that Dylan couldn’t stop picturing making their way down his body before her slim little fingers tugged down his jeans and-

“You guys lost?” She asked, her voice causing Dylan to snap from his fantasy, his cheeks turning red.

“Yes.” Tyler said simply. “We’re looking for Atonement Retreat, have you heard of it?” She smiled, showing off a pair of lopsided dimples.

“You must be our superstars.” She smirked. She then stood, letting Dylan look at her stomach again. “Hey Izzie! It’s them!” Dylan spun around at the idea of two of these beauties being with him all summer, beaming as he saw the stunning blond behind the wheel of the bus. The brunette then leaned down again, looking at Tyler. “We’re headed up there, just follow us.” She then stood, not waiting for an answer before hopping back into the bus before it drove around Tyler’s small hybrid, kicking up a trail of dust.

Dylan just looked at the back as Tyler began following them up one of the small roads. “Well, she seemed into me.” He said. Tyler rolled his eyes.

“You’re an animal.” He chuckled. It was closest he’d come to smiling since Dylan’s comment about Seana, and it made him smile along with his friend. “Besides, I’m pretty sure she saw your boner and got a little weirded out.” Dylan looked down and groaned, his cheeks flushing as he tried to think of grandmothers in bikinis to get it to go away.

“Can you blame me? You saw her legs right?” Tyler just chuckled again as Dylan leaned back, knowing he’d have the pretty woman in his cabin by the end of the week. “Well one thing’s for sure.”

“You getting a thrall of STDs?” Tyler joked. Dylan rolled his eyes.

“No.” He beamed, imagining all the dirty things he’d do to the leggy brunette after the campers went to bed. “I was thinking that this is going to be one interesting summer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so excited to start this!
The loveliness that is Haley is coming at you next!
Thank you so much for reading!

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee

Image