Status: Get ready for one wild summer

Atonement Retreat

Adrienne Rockwood

Rian looked at Dylan, making sure he was asleep before she quietly got out of bed, changing out of her pajamas into shorts and a tank top. She still had her makeup on as she grabbed her shoes and opened their bedroom window, looking back at Dylan one last time before hopping out. She slipped on her shoes, making her way towards the sports fields with a fat knot in her stomach.

She couldn’t stop thinking about the way Dylan had looked at her when she realized she was hurt. There was a legitimate tenderness in his eyes, worry about her that made Rian’s entire body tingle. But she shook the thought from her head, knowing that he was an actor and pretending to do things like care was his job. So she jogged quietly through the sleeping camp, making sure no one saw or heard her as she finally saw what she was looking for.

Tori was waiting on the football field, two blankets laid out with a few pillows and a couple candles. They were far enough away from the campers that they had no fears of being seen or heard as she walked over, smirking at him. He immediately reached for her hips, pulling her flush against him.

“I was starting to wonder if you ditched me for Hollywood.” He laughed.

“Please.” She whispered. “He’s an idiot.”

“That’s all I need to hear.” He purred into her ear before swooping down, kissing her neck softly. She giggled nervously, unable to get Dylan out of her mind. She saw the look of awe in his eyes, his smile, his laugh, it refused to leave her alone. She felt wrong as Tori’s hands moved further down, and she pulled away.

“Look, Tori...” She whispered. He just blinked at her as she sighed, running her hands through her hair, feeling horribly divided. Half of her was furious that Dylan could weasel his way into her brain at will and wanted to sleep with Tori just to spite him, and the other part of her was begging her to call this off and go back to the cabin.

“Are we doing this or not?” He asked. She bit her lip, looking back over at him.

Tori was an absolutely stunning example of a man. Not only was he built tall, solid, and ruggedly handsome, but he also had that sandy blonde hair, those dark blue eyes, and a jawline that looked like it could cut you. But somehow, he was falling short to Dylan in her eyes and it was driving her completely insane. She huffed furiously, rubbing her eyes.

“Just… give me a minute.” She pleaded.

“You’re kidding me, right?” He asked, throwing his hands into his hair and groaning. “Fucking tease.”

“Look I just…” She stopped, pressing her lips together. Her eyes then met his again as he looked at her, his eyebrows raised in anticipation. “Why do you want to sleep with me?” She asked.

“What?” He snorted. “This is a joke, right?”

“Why do you want to sleep with me?” She asked again, folding her arms in front of her chest.

“Because you’re hot.” He said. “You’ve got a perfect little ass, and let’s not forget who was giving me bedroom eyes this morning. You gave me every sign known to man, and know you want to know why I said yes?”

“Calm down Tori.” She said, her stomach dropping slightly seeing the huge, hulking man this upset.

“I am calm, I’ll be even calmer when you fuck me like you said you would.” He grumbled. She sighed as he walked over, running a hand through her hair. The other slowly pushed her arms apart so he could hold her waist, pulling her back into him. “But you know, I’ve always been better at showing my reasons then just explaining them.”

He let his kisses move up and down her jaw, but she pulled herself away, Dylan’s eyes burning a painful hole in her brain. “I can’t do this Tori, I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“You’re going to run back to him, aren’t you? That little twerp-”

“He’s not a twerp!” She snapped before her hand flew over her mouth, shocked she’d just defended him. Tori just sighed, turning around and grabbing his set up, leaving the candles so he wouldn’t have to come back.

“See you Rian.” He muttered, walking off into the darkness. Rian just sighed, plopping down on the ground in the candle light and sighing. She was going to punch herself in the face for letting Tori go in the morning, but some tiny part of her wanted to smile.

“So,” An all too familiar voice caused her to jump, her heart racing. Dylan walked out of the tree line, a smirk on his face. “I’m not a twerp huh?” She felt tears of embarrassment and rage fill her eyes as she stood up, walking over and slapping him across the face as hard as she could, causing him to stumble back. “Jesus, you’d think I’d know how to block those by now.”

“You were watching us?!” She demanded.

“I wanted to be there in case things went south, yes.” He admitted, looking back at her so she could see his cheek decorated with a burgundy hand print. “Hit me all you want, but I’m still going to protect you.” She huffed angrily, glaring at him.

“Nobody asked you to protect me, you’re not my boyfriend.”

“What if I told you I want to be?” He whispered. She recoiled slightly at that, her heart pounding. But she shook her head, taking another step back.

“Right.” She whispered. “For a piece of garbage TV actor, you’re pretty convincing when you want to be.”

“Why do you hate me?” He demanded. “What did I do?”

“You cheated.” She hissed. He blinked slowly, watching her.

“What?”

“You’re not a real actor. When you mess up you get to yell cut, you get redos. Real actors, stage actors, are the ones who deserve to have people love them. You just go on TV and read off clipboards and play that idiot Stiles and people worship you for it while real actors starve to death waiting for their big break that brats like you steal from them.” He looked at her for a long time before he smiled widely.

“You watch Teen Wolf?” She rolled her eyes, starting to walk away when Dylan grabbed her shoulder. “Rian, look, I heard the rest of that too, I swear.” She turned back to him, her arms folded tightly. “Is that why you’re mad? Because you’re part of a dying breed of stage acting?”

“Go fuck yourself.” She growled, slapping his hand away. Dylan wanted to kick himself as she stormed off, knowing that for whatever reason, words didn’t come out right when he was with her. He groaned, walking over to the candles Tori had left.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, poking one with his foot. “So much for coming to the rescue.”
♠ ♠ ♠
POOR DYLAN.
Will he ever get it right?
Thank you so much for reading!
We would love to hear your thoughts

oxoxoxoxoxox
Ashlee