The Diary of an Abusive Relationship

Day Two - Apology

The sunlight pierced through the curtains that morning. I remembered last night very clearly, which is why I was a bit confused to why I was in the bed. I turned over and he wasn't there, but I definitely heard him somewhere in the house.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly got up to see where he was. He was in the kitchen cooking a huge breakfast. He had a beautiful smile on his face and seemed generally happy.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

I was baffled he would even try and ask me that, I could still see blood stains on the floor. I ignored what he said and sat down at the kitchen table to lay my head down.

A couple minutes later, he came up behind me and rubbed my back. I wondered if he forgot what he had done to me that night or just simply didn't care. I didn't know what to say to him.

"Look, I overreacted big time yesterday," he spoke softly in my ear.

I lifted my head up and looked into his beautiful brown eyes. He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"You're so beautiful and I didn't mean to hurt you, I just don't want anyone else to have you," he said.

I stayed silent and leaned into his arms and cried my eyes out. He comforted me and ran his fingers through my hair. He finally finished breakfast and put it out perfectly for me. It felt very romantic and I feel like he was truly sorry. I don't think I could ever not forgive him after all he's done for me.

After breakfast was done, he cleaned the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Normally, that was something I'd do so it was so sweet of him. I went back to our room and started getting ready for work. As I was putting my pants on, he prevented me from doing it and started to rub on me. I wasn't really in the mood and I was going to be late for work.

"Babe, I have to go to work", I said.

"Call in sick."

He kept kissing on my neck which made me want him more, and he knew it. A couple minutes after that, I called in. My manager sounded a bit suspicious, but I really didn't care. He made sweet and gentle love to me and it felt amazing. It didn't feel like just sex, there was definitely love. He made me so happy that day.

The rest of the day, we were in bed watching movies. We cuddled, kissed and had a great time just the two of us. I had almost forgotten about last night, but I'm just happy he realized it was wrong and he made up for it with everything he did today. I never cared what anyone said about him, there was no way my love for him would ever go away.