Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Mistake

All the way to work I couldn't get the image of Brendon looking so hurt out of mind, his puppy dog eyes rimmed with tears filled with so much hurt and what I presumed to be anger. I knew that I shouldn't feel guilty because he was the one that kissed me, but maybe how I told him could have been more personal, not just a note for him when he woke up.

As I pulled into the car park at work I felt a sudden wave of happiness. It seems odd to feel happy when you go to work, but I enjoy my job. I worked hard for it and that allowed me to get the editorial job of that particular magazine. In the building there is about 4 different magazines being produced from the same general company, which means there's 4 different 'types' of people if you will. Two of the four are music magazines, (the one I edit being the rock magazine Now Playing...) a photography magazine and also a fitness magazine. I guess you could say the company is pretty varied.

As I made my way into the building and to my desk, I found a new file labelled with 'AUGUST COVER STORY' taking up most of the space on my desk.

"Ah Kate, good morning, I see you've noticed the file?" My boss Mr Jefferson asked.

"Yes, whoever or whatever is obviously very popular" I replied going to open the file.

"I'm afraid" he continued stopping me from opening the thing that had me anticipating my next issue "that you'll have to wait for the meeting to find out what it is about, don't worry Kate you won't have to wait long, the meeting is in 15 minutes, and also to make sure you don't get an early look, I'll take the file into the meeting room for you."

I was shocked. I've never been one to wait to wait for something especially not if it's a cover story but never had Mr Jefferson had to take it away from me to make sure that I don't see it. I guess there's a first for everything.

10 minutes later I started gathering my notepad and Dictaphone ready for the meeting to begin and to be able to know why I wasn't allowed to see the file earlier. I got into the meeting room and sat in my normal space, while everyone else filed in. Only once everyone was seated I noticed 13 extra seats had been placed around Mr Jefferson's chair. 5 minutes later he came in and the room went dead like it always did when the boss came in.

"This meeting is to discuss the cover story of the August issue" he began. "Now I know it's only May, but there is a lot of work to be done on this story, and because of this, I would like Kate and James to be co-workers on this project." I smiled. James had always been a good friend and an excellent work colleague. He shot me a small smile when I looked over to him and nodded my head in response. "Kate, I will now let you open the file and let everyone know who will be on the cover story, but only read the first line please because there are some people I would like you to meet them all first." I was passed the file and almost immediately opened it to see another 3 folders inside. I cleared my throat and began to read the separate folders to everyone in the room.

"Band 1, My Chemical Romance. They are the headline act for the Revenge Tour." My heart rate went up, they were my all time favourite band and I would be doing a report on them. "Band 2, Fall Out Boy. They are the second guest on the Revenge Tour" Okay that sounds good, at least I know Pete so he can introduce me to the rest of the guys. I was aware of people shuffling into the room but I carried on reading anyway. "Band 3, Panic! at the Disco" Oh no. "They are the first guest on the Revenge Tour." Now I know why Mr. Jefferson wanted me to read it out, he recognised Spencer from the photo on my desk and now I'll have to interview Brendon. I finished reading and looked up to see all of Panic, Fall Out Boy and My Chem all sat there looking at me, but I couldn't look away from Brendon. His eyes held the slight redness of someone who has been previously but nevertheless his gaze on me was strong and almost intimidating.

"There will of course be more of you working on interviews here -"

Thank god, maybe I won't have to interview Bren then.

"- but Kate and James, you will be going on the tour with them. The tour lasts 2 months and it covers America and Europe. Of course they will be going over to Asia but that is after they have a break, so basically you will be with them for the first leg of the tour. That is all, you may go now. James, Kate, I would like you to get to know the boys a bit better. I'll leave you to it then" And with a smile and a nod, it was me and James left alone with the three bands.

Please don't let Brendon say anything now.