Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Anticipation and arguments

I sat in my car staring at the house for what felt like hours but in reality it was only 20 minutes. After finally dragging myself out of the car and figuring out what I wanted to say I walked in the door only to be caught off guard by a pair of arms being flung round my neck. I knew it was Jon by the full beard and short dark brown hair that was messed up.

"THANK YOU, YOU WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING!" He yelled down my ear before I could register what had happed.

"Jon, inside voice by my ears please you know they play up, but what have I done?"

"You got us our first tour, and it's with freaking Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance!" Ryan filled in prising Jon off me to give me a hug himself, making me stand on my toes to be able to reach him.

"Oh, it's okay" I said shrugging off my jacket and making to go up the stairs.

"Kate, where are you going?" Spencer said walking out of the kitchen holding a variety of take out menus.

"To my room?"

"Why?"

"I need to sort out clothes for tomorrow night."

"Why?" This time it was Brendon to speak.

I couldn't look in to his eyes so I just looked down and picked at my fingers, "I'm going for dinner with Pete tomorrow night and I have to make myself look normal, not uptight like my work clothes and not look like a homeless person either."

"Oh okay" he said before walking past me, Ryan and Jon looked confused and Spencer stared daggers at Brendon.

"The best pizza leaflet isn't in with the rest, try the cupboard above the microwave" I said before walking up to my room and closing the door quietly behind me. I slid down my door and let the tears escape silently, wishing that I could make the guilt go away. 'It wasn't me who started it.' I said to myself as I started looking through my wardrobe for something to wear. "I give up!" I yelled before flinging myself down onto my bed burying my head in the pillows.

"Let me help there my dearest" Ryan's voice floated in the air as I looked up to find him leaning in the doorway. I nodded silently and sat on the bed as I watched him look through my wardrobe. He eventually pulled out a simple dark red blouse and my black skinny jeans and put them on my chair before going back to collect my black converse.

"There you go." He said, I managed a small smile.

"If I didn't know you any better I would have thought you were gay Mr. Ross" He chuckled and sat on my bed swinging a protective arm round my shoulders and giving a small squeeze.

"Oh hun, you know I've got the most fashion sense out of all of them." It was true, I had always gone to Ryan whenever I needed a hand with clothing and sometimes makeup.

"Should I even ask where you got your fashion and make up sense from?"

"Something you pick up after a while." He shrugged. "Want a hand tomorrow then?"

"Please" I asked sheepishly looking up at him through my lashes. "What made you come up in the first place?" I asked suddenly aware that we had yet to eat.

"Spencer sent me up to help you and sent Jon to get the pizza so he could talk with Brendon."

I groaned and slumped back into my bed.

"What's happened?" He asked, worry washing over his features.

"Nothing Ry, don't worry, just everything's happening so suddenly, and I've only just got my head around the fact you're going on your first ever tour in two weeks."

"And you're coming with us" He squeezed my hand before getting up and offering me his hand to get up. "Come on Jon's just got back with the pizza and I'm starving."

---- 24 hours later ----

I woke up the next day, with last evenings events running through my mind.

Brendon was really quiet, sulking almost like a teenager would do after getting their phone taken from them. Spencer kept sending him looks but he kept his eyes downcast looking at his pizza and eating in silence. Jon and Ryan kept looking at each other in confusion but also were keeping their moths shut for fear of saying the wrong thing.

"Thanks for dinner guys, I'm gonna head on up to bed now." I said getting up to leave.

"It's only half nine?" Jon asked looking up at me in confusion. I just shrugged, sighed and cleared my plate away.

"She's gotta look presentable for Pete tomorrow that’s why." Brendon mumbled under his breath. Ryan paled and Jon coughed looking anywhere but at the two of us.

"Brendon I swear to god, leave it." Spencer growled at him.

"No! You know what I need to say this right now in front of everyone!"

I froze, lost for words my mouth hanging open.

"Kate I fucking love you okay? And I know you feel something to me too, and that kiss you have to admit you felt something. I don't know why the hell you're going out with Pete tomorrow when you and I both know that you don't like him in that way!"

"Brendon" Spencer warned.

"Kate answer me this, do you feel anything towards me?"

I couldn't answer, I was too shocked and was still trying to process what had just happened, what he had just said.

"Fine. I see how it is." and with that he grabbed his jacket and keys and left. I broke down crying in the kitchen, Jon and Ryan supporting me as I sobbed on the floor.

"Take her up to her room, I'll try and find Brendon. Ryan picked me up and carried me upstairs while Jon made my bed and want to get a hot water bottle. They stayed with me until Spencer came back. They both kissed my forehead before going out to speak with Spencer. Although the door was closed I could still hear them talking.

"Did you find him?" Jon asked.

"Yes, is Kate okay? Is she sleeping?" I heard shuffling and the light came into my room, I was prepared, changing my breathing and closing my eyes.

"Yeah she's out like a light"

"Good, he was at his apartment sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. He'd been crying, I told him to leave Kate and stop putting pressure on her, she knows what she's doing when it comes to Pete. I just wish he could see that pushing her away won't help, did you see him at the meeting earlier? He avoided her completely."

"Yeah I was wondering about that actually" Ryan said, "so what do we do now?"

"Keep them apart for a bit, give them both breathing space until it's all cooled off. It won't take long." I smiled, thanking my aunt for raising Spencer so well. She listened while the boys said goodbye and left the house locking the door after themselves. Spencer walked in and sat on the floor in front of my bed, and held my hand gently.

"We'll get this sorted hun, I promise. I'll never let anyone hurt you." And with that he kissed my head, walked out and closed the door behind him.


Thinking of what Spencer said made tears form in my eyes. Never in my life had I felt such a strong bond between us. My own bother had estranged himself from our family more than 10 years ago and Spencer was the closest thing to a brother I had. Since I was off work for the next few days until the tour started I started getting my things ready before dinner with Pete.

5:30 rolled round and before I knew it Ryan was bursting in my room to start on my make up. This was going to be a long evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter to make up for the long wait :)