Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Dinner

I sat still as Ryan busied himself with fishtailing my hair into an intricate bun. He suggested a simple smokey eyes look and showed me how to do my eyeliner to a tee. As he slid the last grip into place he stood up and came to kneel in front of me.

"How are you feeling now K?" He asked, his eyes full of worry.

I simply shrugged, not knowing how I felt. Angry at Brendon for blowing up at me like that, ashamed that I was going for dinner with Pete, touched at the emotions he had for me. It was all too much.

"I guess I'm okay, just nervous that's all" I half lied. Meeting Pete was a once in a lifetime opportunity and to think he chose me over all other girls amazed me, however I did know that I didn't feel the same way that he felt towards me.

"That's normal, take a deep breath and relax, and if he tries anything let us know and we'll speak to Mr. Jefferson about swapping the sleeping arrangements on the bus so you don't have to be near him all the time."

I smiled, Ryan was definitely the wise older brother that everyone knew and loved. With one final look in the mirror, I grabbed my purse and led Ryan out of the room downstairs to where Jon and Spencer sat waiting. Unsurprisingly, Brendon was not there.

"Wow Kate, you look hot!" Jon remarked, earning him a smack over the head from Spencer. "What?" He asked, shooting daggers at Spencer.

"She's my cousin dipshit." Was his response. Jon simply grumbled and gave me an apologetic look.

"Right guys, I'm heading out now, I shouldn't be too late but I've got my keys just in case. Ry, thank you so much for all your help, Spence, I won't be too late so don't wait up and Jon, stay out of trouble." I warned before giving them all hugs and making my way out to the car. Here goes nothing.

------------------

"Wow Kate, you look stunning!"

I was brought out of my daydream when I heard the familiar voice behind me. Smiling, I looked round to see Pete walking towards me, dressed in black jeans, dark button down shirt and black Vans. I had to admit that he looked good, but I still didn't feel anything towards him.

"Shall we take a seat?" He asked, not trusting my voice I simply nodded and took his proffered arm, as he lead me into the restaurant.

"So Kate, tell me about yourself" He finally asked, after we had been seated and placed our orders.

I took a deep breath to steady my nerves and began. "Well, I'm 26 years old, I've lived in Vegas all my life with my parents and brother until about 10 years ago when he estranged himself from us, since then, we kinda grew apart from each other" I tried to keep my voice level but it broke at the last part, giving away me feelings. Pete's face softened and he handed me a tissue I didn't see him pull out of a pocket.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" He tried to reassure me but I cut him off. He didn't need this first meeting someone.

"It's fine, maybe when we're on tour and we know each other a bit better then I could tell you the rest, but for now, can we just eat?"

He smiled and nodded his head, and started to tuck into his food which had also appeared without me noticing. The rest of the evening flew by, talking about anything and everything, but I still couldn't help but think about my family and what happened between us. Pushing the thought to the back of my mind, I concentrated on what Pete was saying, eating, and having quite a pleasant evening with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Jesus so sorry this took so long and if anyone is actually still out there reading this, well thank you!