Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Time to go

'Brendon! Move your sorry ass we need to go!' Jon yelled up the stairs to where Brendon was meant to be brushing his teeth.

'Guys chill, we have like an hour till we're meeting with Pete' came his response half gurgled from the toothbrush he held in his mouth.

'Yeah well the drive takes about half an hour so move!' Yelled Ryan, his impatience growing evident from his constant pacing and muttering under his breath.

'Ry, calm down you know he'll make it in time,' Spencer said coming in from the kitchen carrying 5 bottles of water and bags of sweets 'besides he's only gotta finish his teeth then we'll be going'

'Fine' he grumbled 'I'll be in the car'

As Ryan stalked out the door I turned to see Spencer checking his phone and adjusting his collar, all the things he did when he was nervous having picked them up from our aunt.

'Hey, look at me' I said holding his face forcing him to look at me 'you'll be great okay, you've practiced for ages and you know your songs, just have fun okay?'

'I'll try but I'm so nervous yano?'

'Please you'll be fine' Jon chimed in 'just worry about Brendon, I know for a fact he only had one Red Bull this morning and he'll need at least another 2 before he'll be properly awake, at least he won't be dancing round the studio as soon as we get there.'

The image of Brendon dancing round singing in front of Pete Wentz made me laugh, for some odd reason. This just made Jon and Spencer look at me in confusion. I told them to go and wait in the car while I go and drag Brendon out of the bathroom, which they were more than happy to do.

'Brendon are you done yet? Everyone is waiting for you you know' I yelled up the stairs to him

'Yeah just coming now Kate' he called back down to me.

Just as I was packing my purse I turned round and saw him looking at me making me blush and look at the ground. His eyes looking deep into me, almost trying to read my mind.

'You ready yet or?' I questioned

'Yep' and with that he bounded out the door and went to the car.

Something about the way he was looking at me gave me butterflies, those deep chocolate orbs and soft brown hair complimented by his strong cheek bones and full lips ...

No Kate stop it, he's basically family, and besides if anything happened between you, you'd mess up the group. I couldn't do that to Spencer, he got enough shit from his parents about dropping out of school to form the band and I couldn't be the one to take it all away from him.

-------

The car ride was long and slow, traffic was building up and Spencer was getting more and more anxious by the minute. Meanwhile Brendon lay over Jon holding a half empty can of red bull while Ryan sat in the front with me.

Out of all of the boys, Ryan has always been the quietest, not much of a talker. Spencer said that he'd always been that way, even in high school. I'm not one to question, he's the only one that lets me get work done round the house when he stops round to work on parts with Spence so I'm not complaining.

'Oh my god are we there yet?' An impatient Brendon moaned from the back seats

'Dude you just gave me a numb leg, no get off don't do it again you idiot ...'

'Jon!' Brendon squeaked presumably as Jon had dug his elbow into Bren's ribs to get him off his lap

'We've got 20 minutes to get there, but we're only 5 minutes away thanks to Kate's hap-hazard driving skills' said Ryan, a hint of a smile playing on his lips, sarcasm evident in his voice.

'Admit it Ross, you love my driving skills' I shot him a smile back before pulling into the car park of Decaydance studios.

'Holy shit' Spencer mused from behind me

'I know' I said 'you boys all ready for it?'

The look on everyone's faces said no, but I knew deep down that they were all looking forward to getting to play to one of their biggest idols.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this one is better than my last, and hopefully its longer :')