Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

First impressions

The main reception was mostly white, apart from the bright neon chairs and plush bean bags that were casually positioned around the large glass table, which stood proudly in one corner holding countless magazines and business cards. The walls were sparse apart from the odd picture and the carpet was old and well used. The whole setting was something between a hospital and an 80's disco bar.

The receptionist at the desk sported bright blue hair, accompanied by snake bites, a nose ring and a medium stretcher. I thought she'd look prettier if she lost the facial piercings and had red hair instead of blue but it was each to their own I suppose. Her voice was chipper considering her look which admittedly took us all back a bit.

'Hi guys, how can I help you today?' She asked with a genuine smile on her face hands hovering over the keyboard waiting to log in the visit.

'We're here to see Pete' Jon said

'And what is the purpose of the visit today?' She asked, again hands poised over the keys ready to record our purpose.

'We're here about a record deal,' Brendon chimed in 'we go by the name of 'Panic! at the Disco'

Something about the way that the girls cheeks blushed when he spoke sent a shock of jealousy coursing through me.

'Ah yes, if you'd like to take a seat and Pete will be with you shortly' her smile never left her face and seemed to brighten when Brendon smiled back.

She can have him if she wants. See if I care. But somewhere in the back of my mind a little voice was screaming that I did care, maybe a little too much.

A good 15 minutes had passed before Pete came running down the hall, apologising profoundly to the guys as well as the receptionist, who seemed to be used to it. He eventually caught his breath, straightened up and walked over to where we were all sitting.

'I am so sorry about that, family shit' he said waving his hand around as if to brush it away from him.

'Right boys,' he began suddenly getting down to business 'I'm gonna listen to you play first and if I like it, I'll offer you a record deal and we'll start working on your first album. Got it?'

The boys all nodded.

'Good.' He continues looking at them all before his eyes came to rest on me

'I don't believe we've met' he said, offering me his hand, which I shook almost instantly.

'I'm Kate, Spencer's older cousin'

'Well it's nice to meet you Kate, I'm afraid that you'll have to stay out hear until I've made my mind up if that's okay?'

Part of me was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to get to watch the boys perform, but I knew why that was.

'Yes that's fine' I replied.

After a brief hug from all of the boys and final good lucks, I was left alone in the reception with the receptionist and and constant tick tock of the wall clock
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is greatly appreciated :)