Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

In the studio

Brendon's P.O.V

'Well it's nice to meet you Kate, I'm afraid that you'll have to stay out here until I've made my mid up if that's okay?'

What? No! She can't stay out here! I need he- I mean, we need her in there with us. Already I could feel the effect of the Red Bull kicking in, my mind was buzzing and my limbs were starting to tingle. All too soon we were saying goodbye and good luck, a final glance over at Kate made me smile as she rolled my eyes at me before we were led down a series of corridors to a back room marked 'WENTZ'

The walls were a deep red and the carpet was plain black. All along the walls were pictures of celebrities that Pete had obviously met with or worked with. All I could do was stare in awe at the recording equipment and instruments set up in the one half of the room. Pete ushered us all in and hung a notice on the outside of the door, presumably saying 'do not disturb'. He gestured for us all to sit on the four stools that had been placed in front of his own stool. Once we were all seated he brought us our instruments over, Ryan a guitar, Spencer was directed to sit behind a drum set that was close to the stools and he handed Jon a bass. Incredibly he already knew which instruments that we all played.

'So guys,' Pete began 'I listened to your demo CD and I liked what I heard, so do you mind playing me some of your songs so I can get a feel of your stage presence?'

My mind was in overdrive, Pete Wentz liked our songs. He actually liked our songs. I shot a look at Ryan, who looked just as shocked as me. All we could do was nod before setting ourselves up. Pete relaxed into his chair waiting for us to start.

As soon as the music started I was lost in the beat, singing my heart out and dancing round to the guys getting them all involved. I managed to glance at Pete every now and again but his face gave nothing away. Hands together in front of his mouth while the cogs in his head whirred round and round. We kept playing for about half an hour before Pete held up his hand for us to stop. We stood there, breathing heavily waiting for Pete’s verdict.