Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Give it a rest

The rest of the car ride home was spent in silence, not uncomfortable, just awkward. Pete had asked about me to start with, and then asked if I was single. Added to this was the way that Brendon refused to look at me for the rest of the ride home. It was pointless trying to get a conversation out of any of the boys, so I let my mind wander about why Pete Wentz would be asking why I'm single. Maybe it was for a friend? He had a reputation of being a ladies’ man but I never thought that he'd go for someone like me. A small town Vegas girl while he was a successful business mogul from Chicago.

When we pulled up to the house, Brendon was the first to get out of the car and went straight to unlock the door before stalking off upstairs. A look from the rest of the guys said they knew nothing about why he was acting so weird. Trying to ignore it, we all followed him into the house and grabbed a few drinks before sitting down on the sofas and watching the TV. We watched mind-numbing cartoons for about an hour before an advert came on that caught us all off guard.

'News from Decaydance Records' The headline read 'Pete Wentz signs new band, set to make a big name for themselves' We all looked at each other in shock before yelling up to Brendon.

'BRENDON!'

'DUDE GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW'

'BREN HURRY UP WE'RE ON THE NEWS'

The chorus of us all calling up to him made him come running down the stairs in the way that we had been watching the cartoons fall down the stairs beforehand. As he skidded to a halt he crashed into the cubbyhole just before the door.

'Bren, we're on the news man, can you believe it?'

'Oh my god' He said breathlessly coming to rest on the arm of the sofa.

We watched as Pete was going on about the boys and how he looked forward to working with them all in the future, finally it showed a picture of them all which Pete had presumably taken when they were in the room with him. Brendon was next to Jon, mouth wide open singing with all the passion he could, Jon focused looking down at the bass he held but was smiling confidently. Spencer was in the back hand in mid air about to hit the drum while Ryan stood, mouth slightly open also looking down at his guitar. It showed them perfectly. After the announcement Brendon stayed downstairs with us and gradually came back to his normal self, laughing and joking with us all. His previous mood forgotten as he joked about mistakes that they had all made.

I thought that it would be the perfect time to leave and start on dinner as it was getting close to half 6. Time had flown by watching those awful cartoons and had made us lose track of time completely.

20 minutes later and I had managed to pull together a simple macaroni and cheese dish with breaded chicken mixed in.

'Guys, dinner's ready!' I called into the lounge where the boys were all in hysterics laughing at something. Everyone piled in and started eating having casual small talk and still making jokes about the days events.

'So Kate,' Spencer began 'you thinking of calling Pete?' He was smirking

I nearly choked on my water.

'Um no, should I?'

'Uh yeah, you totally should!' Jon chimed in. 'He was totally asking about you, and I saw the way he looked at you when you first said hello'

My cheeks began to flush as I thought about what Jon just said. The conversation quickly turned to me and Pete as a possible couple, much to my dismay. After about 10 minutes my cheeks were burning from embarrassment.

'Will you please just give it a rest already?' Brendon snapped at us.

'Dude, chill, we were only joking, sorry man' Spencer jumped in, giving Ryan and Jon a look that screamed 'leave it'

'Thanks for dinner Kate, now if you'll all excuse me I'm going up to bed'

We all watched as he cleared away his plate and stalked up the stairs to his room. What was his problem?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more of a filler really, apologies about how dull this chapter is