Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

I don't know

Brendon's P.O.V

'Thanks for dinner Kate, now if you'll all excuse me I'm going up to bed'

They all watched as I cleared my plate and walked out the kitchen to go to my room. Why can't they understand that I don't want to hear that Kate may be trying to get on it with Pete? I mean what if something happened between the two, where would that leave us as a band? Would he fire us and tell people not to work with us again? Write us bad reviews making us seem like a bad band? Spread rumours about us all saying that we're horrible people? I'm over thinking again. Eugh. I got changed into my pyjamas and grabbed my notebook and pen and started working on some new lyrics.

She paints her fingers with a close precision,
He starts to notice empty bottles of gin,
And takes a moment to assess the sins she’s paid for,
A lonely speaker in a conversation,
Her words were swimming through his ears again,
There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you've paid for,
Say what you mean,
Tell me I'm right,
And let the sun rain down on me,
Give me a sign,
I wanna believe


There was a soft knock at the door and I quickly hid my notebook under my pillow.

'Come in'

'Bren, can we talk?' Kate stood in the doorway, soft red hair tied up in a messy bun, a baggy jumper that was hanging slightly off her left shoulder, and flannel pyjama bottoms.

'Sure, come in' I moved over on my bed letting her sit down.

'Um' She began, her eyes scanned the whole room before settling on my face, but not quite looking in my eyes. 'Bren, does' another sigh escaped her lips 'does it bother you that Pete asked if I was single?'

I was shocked, my mouth hung open and my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

'Not in the way you think it does' I responded before I had a chance to think what I was saying.

It was her turn to look shocked, but her eyes showed something different, something deeper than shock, hurt almost.

'What do you mean Bren? Cause I don't have feelings for Pete if that’s what you mean?'

Seriously? She doesn't like Pete? So I may still be in with a chance? Wait what did I just say? I just looked at her, mouth slightly open. She was laughing nervously to fill the silence after her question which I hadn't replied to.

'I was just worried that maybe if you did get together and something bad happened,' I sighed again, who wouldn't want Kate, she was gorgeous and funny and always understood what you were going through, 'would it have bad consequences on the rest of the band'

She looked at me in confusion. After what seemed like a lifetime she finally answered.

'Bren, you're an arsehole, honestly. Pete wouldn't hold anything against you, he'd be different with me definitely but no not the band.'

We both burst out laughing as we talked about all the possible ways that Pete would try to get back at Kate. Everything was normal again.

'Wow Bren, it's half 11 already. I need to go to bed, I have work tomorrow and I ne-'

I broke her off by kissing her. Her lips were so soft and gentle. At first she didn't kiss back but eventually she did. Just a small kiss but it seemed like fireworks were exploding all around us. We broke apart and just looked at each other.

'I have to go to work tomorrow' She said before closing the door and leaving me to my thoughts.

I don't know why I did that. Brendon that was stupid, why did you kiss her. Idiot. Sighing I turned off my light and got into bed before falling into a sleep full of soft lips and flowing red hair.