Status: In progress ...

Commotion on the Gurney Again

Consequences

Kate’s P.O.V

I closed the door and slid down the cool wooden surface holding my head in my hands. Why did Brendon just kiss me? Did he feel something towards me or was he just going play me like boys have before? Deciding that I wasn't going to answer these questions I gave up and went to bed, but not before thinking about how his eyes showed hurt when I walked out of the room.

*BEEP BEEP*

My alarm yelled at me, signalling that it was time for me to go and get ready for work. Sliding out of bed and grabbing my dressing gown, I trudged into the bathroom to have a shower; but not before stopping at Brendon's room (originally the guestroom). I knocked softly before quietly turning the handle and walking in. Brendon was still sleeping, his arms were in front of him while he lay on his side. Hair splayed out around him in all directions. His breathing was slow and steady and his long lashes were splayed out on his cheeks. I quickly scribbled a note on some scrap paper and placed it on top of his clothes knowing that he'd get it when he woke up. I just worried what he'd think. I jumped in the shower quickly trying not to make too much noise. Quietly padding back to my room I paused again outside Brendon's room. When I was met with the sounds of soft snores I went back to my room to get dressed. Making my way downstairs I was surprised to see that Jon and Ryan had also stopped over, both of them on the opposite couches, pretty much in the same position as Brendon. Tip-toeing around all their belongings I made my way into the kitchen where I started making breakfast and also my lunch for the day. Footsteps were growing louder behind me and they stopped when they got to the kitchen, thinking it was Spencer I kept my back turned and carried on making my food. The footsteps came into the kitchen and stopped right behind me. Eventually I turned round to be met with hurt looking chocolate brown orbs.

'Kate, what do you mean?' Brendon said holding up the note I scribbled earlier

'I mean what it says there Bren' I shot back, maybe a little too coldly

'You want to distance yourself from me? Kate why? What have I done to you?' He pleaded with me, tears beginning to form in his eyes. I wanted nothing more but to hug him and tell him that everything was going to be okay, but this wasn't what he needed right now. With the band just taking off, the last thing he needed was to be worrying about his best friends’ cousin.

'Because you don't need this right now Bren. You need to focus on your music now, focus on your first album not me okay? Please. I think it will be better for the both of us' I finished and turned around to put my food in my bag. When I heard his footsteps leave the kitchen I sighed. What had I just done?

'Morning Kate, any idea what's wrong with Brendon? He's just ran upstairs in a huff?' Ryan asked as he grabbed a bowl and some cereal. Guilt hit me like a ton of bricks. Ryan seemed completely oblivious to my expression as he just shrugged and began to pour milk into his bowl. 'Huh, he's been having a lot of mood swings recently don't you think?'

'Um yeah I guess' I shrugged and put away all of my breakfast things before saying a quick goodbye to Ryan and practically running out the house. Well done Kate, you've fucked up another friendship again. Way to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally finished all my exams so I'll be updating more cause I've now got like 10 weeks off. So sorry about the delay