Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

First Day

I don’t know how I’ll ever live without him next to me. I love him. I feel in love with my best friend who happens to be three years younger than I am. I’ve gotten so used to having him here, next me, attached to the hip. It’s been a week since he left and we’ve only talked like three times. The last time we talked, he called me at two in morning crying. It broke my heart knowing I couldn’t do anything but repeatedly tell him I love him and that everything will be fine. We fell asleep on the phone that night. I am currently looking out my window, at the moon. Whenever I look at the moon, I can’t help but think that there are other people starring at it just as I am. It’s funny that we’re all under the same moon. I wonder if Kellin is sleeping right now. Is he staring at the same moon too or is it cloudy in Michigan? I want to text him and ask him but I keep debating with myself about it. It wouldn’t hurt would it? If I don’t get an answer then I’ll know he’s asleep and if I do, then I’ll know I’m not the only one having a hard time sleeping.

- To Kellogg’s : Hey baby, I can’t stop thinking about you. What are you doing at this very moment?

I got a message in a heartbeat.

- From Kellogg’s : I’m looking out my window, at the moon, wondering if you’re doing the same thing.

It’s time to make a call. “Hello?” said the voice that makes my heart flutter. He sounded tired though.

“Hey baby.”

“What are you doing right now?”

“I’m staring at the moon, thinking about you. Wishing you was here so I can give you a kiss.”

“I wish I was there too. I do not really like it here.” He’s words make no sense; he needs to sleep.

“Well you got friends right?”

“I mean I guess but they aren’t like you guys. Don’t get me wrong, they’re nice and they’re gonna help me out when school starts but it’s not the same. I miss Alan’s weirdness and his drama queen ways. I miss Austin’s tallness because it’s convenient for short people like me. I miss Tony’s obsession with Star Wars and turtles. I miss Mike’s gangster wannabe ways and the way he swears he can be cholo. I even miss Jaime’s ADHD personality and that’s saying something considering we don’t get along that great. Worse of all, I miss you. I miss the way your s-stupid hair falls p-perfectly aroun’ you, your st-stupid laugh and e-even your stup-pid face. I m-miss you a-and I c-can’t ev-en hold you. I’m al-l alo-ne.”

“Babe, please don’t cry. Maybe you can come here for winter break or I can go up there and visit you and don’t forget about summer vacation. If I do well in school, maybe I can ask my parents to let me go up there and visit my cute little boyfriend.”

“You’d really wanna come spend an entire summer with instead of anyone else?”

“If that meant that being locked in a room with just you then yes I would.”

“You’re the best.” He said through a yawn.

“I know babe and so are you. Now go to sleep princess, I’ll talk to you when I can.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Can we fall asleep on the phone together?”

“Will that make you happy?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Then sure we can. G’night Kells.”

“Night Vicky.” My lullaby was his light snores that rocked me to sleep.

*

High school. The one place where you either fit in with the ‘It’ crowed or you’re nobody. Well, that’s what I understand from TV shows and books. Freshmen year. The hardest yet easiest time of my high school career. I am fresh meat to all the tenth, eleventh and twelfth graders. I know nothing of how they have this school set up and how I will get to make it through this year. At least I’m not alone though, I have Jaime and Austin by my side. Jaime convinced me to try out for the soccer team with him only because we’re Mexican and “We have soccer playing in our blood ese.” He’s a dork. Austin wants to try out for the basketball team because he’s “Tall enough to just stretch my arms and make a basket.” Idiots surround me.

“Come on Victor, we have to go to this lame ass orientation.” Jaime said as Austin and I followed him to the auditorium. It sucks that all the ninth graders have to be at the school at 8:19 am and everyone else comes in at 10:19. Once we got to the auditorium, we sat all the way in the back.

“I would like to welcome all you rising ninth graders to Clairemont High. I am principle Wilmore and I’ll be discussing the rules and other important things.” Time to drown out the old man. While he continued to talk, I felt a buzzed in my pants. I checked my phone and I got a group message from Jaime and Austin

- From Chihuahua : You look really good today sweet cheeks ;)

- To Chihuahua : cx you’re such a weirdo man but thnx. It’s nice to know that I’m good-looking lol

- From Chihuahua : Do you think Kellin would be appose to sharing you?

- From The Green Giant : How the fuck do I end up in these conversations ? I kid you not it’s as if you guys wanna make me smack the both of you.

- From Chihuahua : I’m straight but I think Vic wouldn’t mind bending for you cx

- From The Green Giant : t(-.-t) fuck you Jaime !

“Would you boys care to share what you’re doing?” said a voice from behind us.

“Um … no ma’am.” Austin said quietly, without turning back.

“Ok then, I suggest you put phones away and pay attention.” She walked away and sat two rows in front of us.

- From Chihuahua : What a bitch
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best ... the tears