Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

New Beginning

I stare at the stars

And think about you

Thinking how you are

Knowing that you’re far away

But distance can’t change the idea

Of me loving you from a far

Just like how the seas can’t

Cover up my feelings that are

Yearning for your touch

-a.c.c

*

Two days before school, starts and I find myself standing in the main office with my mom. The walls were a disgusting mint green color and the floor looks like a
checkered board. Whoever designed this obviously has no taste in combination. Oh, god Kellin, can you sound anymore girly? Anyways, there was desk on the right side that was neatly organized and next to the desk was a wall that had multiple slots, which I’m guessing was for the teachers, and on the left side were three doors. The door in the middle which was labeled restroom; the door on the right side was labeled Principle and the door on the left was labeled Conference Room. It was very much a typical school office.

“Hello, how may I help you?” said a woman who exited the bathroom. She is average sized, bit on the chunky side, her graying hair is pulled into a tight ponytail, and she wore a pair of black dress pants, a red long sleeved shirt and black flats. No makeup or jewelry was on her aging face, overall a decent looking old woman.

“Hello, I’m Katherine Quinn and this is my son Kellin Quinn.” I gave a small smile and a hand wave. “He’ll be starting 7th grade here and I was told to come so he can get a tour.”

“Ah yes, we’ve been expecting you Kellin sweetie.” She has a motherly aurora around her; it makes me comfortable. “I have you schedule at the desk and my grandson, Justin, will show you around.” She knocked on the Conference Room and out emerged a light brown haired boy with blue eyes and nice pale, but not too pale, skin.
“Justin, this is Kellin. You’ll be showing him around the school and the routes to get to his classes.”

“Hey dude, nice to meet you.” He stuck his hand out and I reached for it, shaking it. “Grams, can I get his schedule so we can start.” So far so good, he seems nice enough but I bet he’s only doing this because his grandma wants him to. “Thanks, now let’s go.” He said with a smile. We excited the office and he began talking. “Welcome to Grove Middle School dude. It’s not much but then again nothing in this town is. Anyways it says you’re a Penguin.” I looked at him curiously, silently asking for an explanation.

“The school divides each grade into two teams. Like the sixth grade, teams are the Turbo Tigers and Dolphins, the seventh grade teams are the Penguins and Otters, and the eighth grade teams are the Gators and Eagles. It’s stupid really but then again so is the school system. The only good thing is that each year has lunch together, so all the sixth graders eat lunch at the same time, then it’s the seventh graders turn, then the eighth graders are last. I’m an Otter and so is my other friend Gabe, but two of my friends, Jack and Jesse are Penguins so I’ll tell them to help you out more if you need it. I don’t know why I gotta show you around, I mean I don’t wanna sound like a jerk but each team has the classes close together and the numbers are in bold and black on the doors.” I looked around and noticed he was right. At least I won’t get
easily lost here.

“Oh and watch out for the school punk, he’s not really a bully because the school is seriously against bullying but he will throw things at you and sometimes he will try to get you to look stupid in front of whoever happens to be in the crowd. His name is Ronnie Radke, just ignore him and don’t draw so much attention to yourself and you should be fine.” We made our way back down the stairs and made a left. You have P.E. sixth, art seventh and choir last period so it’ll all be on the first floor, along with the cafeteria. The P.E. room is here and down the hall is the elective wing. The doors are labeled so I think you’ll spot them easily. Oh and you’ll get your locker from your T/A and a T/A is your teacher/administrator, so your homeroom teacher. You go to them first thing in the morning and then they would be your third period. Ya’know, I realized you don’t talk much, why is that? Do you know how to?” I nodded and realized we had stopped walking. “So you do know how to talk but you choose not to?” I nodded again and that seemed to satisfy him so we continued talking. We walked slowly, neither of in a rush to get back, when my phone rang playing Boss Ass Bitch. Alan was calling me; when I answered I got an earful of screaming and laughing. Justin looked at me with an amused smirk as I shoved him a bit.

“KELLIN I GOTTA TELL YOU SOMETHING!” In the background I heard Vic say something along the lines of ‘I’ll kill you Ashby.’ “OMG VIC,” he began laughing. “VIC HAD A DIR-“

“Hey Kells.” Vic said through the speaker. I stayed silent, wishing I‘d gotten a text instead. “Kellin are you there?”

“Yeah.” I said almost inaudibly.

“Are you ok sweetie?”

“Mhm.” Next thing I know, my phone was taken out of my hand and found in Justin’s.

“Hey, I’m Justin, Kellin’s new friend. I wanna know if he talks because he seems really quiet.” I could hear a slight murmur then it got silent. “Ah, ok well Kellin looks like he wants to kill me so I’ll hand him back his phone.” I got my phone back and placed it against my ear.

“Kellin,” Vic began strictly. “Why aren’t you talking to your friend, he seems nice.”

“No.”

“Kells, at least one sentence.” I heard a loud oomph and then something fall. “AUSTIN, GET YOUR BOY TOY OFF ME!”

“It’s my phone you shit whore. Austin, if you get near me I’ll kill you. Anyways, give it back, I called Kellin”

“Yeah, because you were gonna tell him what I told Austin.”

“He has a right to know!”

“No he doesn’t.”

“Guys!” I whined. “What are you talking about? I wanna know.”

“Hey Kellin.” Austin said causally. I could hear Vic and Alan in the background and it sounded like they’re struggling.

“Hey Austin. What’s going on?”

“Oh ya’know, just sitting on your boyfriend and on Alan. But the reason Alan called was to tell you that Vic loves you. I gotta go now bye Kells.” and the line went dead.

“You have some interesting friends Kellin but that’s good because they made you talk.” I blushed when I realized those asshole made me talk. In front of Justin. “Oh and that Vic guy said to make you talk, like not force you but if you say one word to try to get you to say it into a sentence.” I’m going to kill Vic.

“What took you boys so long?”

“Sorry Grams, we were just being dorks. Hey Kellin, wanna go meet my friends?” I turned to my mom, who nodded.

“Of course you can go Kells; Mrs. Hills invited me over for coffee so Justin will just take you over to her house.”

“Cool thanks, let’s go Kells. Jesse’s house ain’t that far away.” Time to make new friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
that's exactly how my middle school was like, I kid you not and it kinds sucked because they separated me from my only friend at the time and I had to become social -_- but anyways, this is a sorta filter ch and i know it sucks but we needed some happiness, agreed? To much sadness for poor Kellin. Oh, and the poems will only be on Kellin's POV ch's. They are not mine unless stated otherwise my source is for the poems are twitter &' tumblr ... and can someone show me how to center them ? Please ?