Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

You'll Be Alright

“So it’s just us Mexican’s then?” Jaime said as we walked into my house.

“Yeah, Alan went somewhere and Austin went somewhere too.” I replied as I looked through the cabinets for something to munch on. “MA!”

“QUE?” I heard her call out from the living room.

“DO WE HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT?”

“CHECK IN THE FRIDGE!” I opened the fridge and was greeted with good food.

“What do you guys want?”

“What do you have?” Jaime asked.

“I don’t know. Go check because my phone is ringing.” I pulled out my phone and saw Kellin’s face pop up. I ran into me room and locked the door before answering. “Sex hot line, how may I help you?” I said with a smirk.

“V-Vic.” I heard through the line, followed by a choking sob.

“Babe, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me.”

“He’s … V-Vic … no, no, no, no, no.”

“Kellin, please calm down. I need you to breathe in and out for me ok?”

“Mhm.”

“Come on, breathe in … Breath out … Breath in … Breathe out.” I heard Kellin breathing and waited until it was just little hiccups. “Now tell me, what happened love.”

“He’s ba-ack Vic.”

“Who’s back baby?”

“M-my da-dad. When I was a-at my aunt’s hou-house … I was out in th-the backy-yard with Lulu an’ m’mom c-called me an’ said to co-come ins-ide ‘cause we were le-leaving and when I got there, there wa-s a guy and a chick with two kids who l-look older than I do. He w-was saying i-it was ni-ice to see me again. I looked at mom and sh-she looked pissed then m-my aunt was tell-ing them to leave an’ … V-Vic, he wants to ta-take me away from my m-mommy. I’m scared.” He began crying harder and I was freaking out. I have never heard him this upset.

“Kellin, don’t freak out love. Breathe, remember to breathe.” He started breathing in and out and soon it was somewhat normal. “Now, your dad isn’t gonna take you away from your mom. He isn’t gonna take you from me. And do you know why he won’t?”

“No.” he mumbled.

“Because your mom won’t let him and I won’t let him. He has no right saying that and honestly, they won’t let him. It’s just an empty threat ok?”

“But what if he does and he tells them that my mom doesn’t take good care of me?”

“Kellin, don’t think that. Everyone knows your mom takes good care of you and he can’t say shit like that because where was he for the past seven years? He wasn’t there to watch the love of my life grow up into the adorable, sweet, kind, little young man you are today. You’ll be ok. Everything will be ok.”

“I hate you.” He sniffled.

“And why is that?” I chuckled.

“Because you made me cry again.”

“But those are happy tears, am I correct?”

“Yeah, you are correct.”

“Now,”

“Now what?”

“How are my little baby bunnies and who is Lulu?”

*

When Kellin and I were done talking on the phone, I went downstairs and plopped on the couch next to my mom. I leaned on her shoulder and sighed dramatically. When she didn’t budge, I pushed her to the side a little bit, laid my head on her lap and sighed louder and more dramatically.

“Que pasa mijo?” my mom asked as she ran he small thin fingers through my hair.

“Ma.” I sighed.

“How’s Kellin? I was talking to Katherine a few days ago, and she told me that they bought some bunnies.”

“Yeah, he sent me pictures. He’s adorable. He was scared because he gave them my last name so they can be our little babies.”

“Es tan lindo, Kellin.” She said with a smile. “Now, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Kells.”

“Is he ok?” she asked worriedly.

“He’s scared.”

“Scared?” she questioned.

“Yeah. He went to his aunt’s house and then his dad and his wife and kids were there, and he threatened his mom diciendole que he’s gonna take him from her. He called me crying mama. I feel like complete shit because I can’t do anything about it except tell him he’s gonna be ok.”

“Mijo, you did the best you can. It’s a good thing he called you.”

“I know, I just don’t want this to affect his school work and his social life. I don’t want him fearing being out.”

“Your father and I have been talking about this for a while.”

“Talking about what?” I asked looking up at her.

“When Aunt Katherine told us they were moving, the three of us discussed the holiday breaks you boys get from school and, well, this Thanksgiving you’re going to spend it with Kellin.”

“Really?” I said excitedly. I quickly sat up and stared at my mom.

“Si. You flight leaves a las nueve de la noche, so by the time you get there, Kellin will be asleep and he’ll wake up to you should be there.”

“Oh my god! Mom I love you! Is that why I’m not going to school next week?” I said as I kissed her cheek.

“Yes, pero, it’s a surprise so you can’t tell Kellin. You have to act like you’re going to see him until Christmas.”

“Ok, ok! Oh my god, I’m excited!” I bounced on the couch and my mom laughed at me for me crazy antics. “Ok, I’m going to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning. Love you.”

“Buenas noches mijo. Te quiero tambien.” My mom said as I ascended the stairs.
Just this week of school then I get to be with Kellin. I’m honestly excited because I haven’t seen Kellin in over two freakin’ months and I want to cross the country just to give him a kiss. I changed into some sweatpants and curled under my blankets. I took my phone out and saw a message from Kellin. It was a picture of him and the bunnies on his bed.

- From Kellogg’s : When December comes, we’ll finally have the whole family together. We love you babe. Message me when you can &’ I’ll try to reply as quickly as possible <3 :*