Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

Ch 26

Vic woke up with a sudden jolt, breathing hard and sweating mess. He stayed still for a few moments, just staring at the ceiling. Vic was thinking about being convicted of the rape of a minor. A fucking minor.

He’s
a minor.

How the fuck does that happen? The Mexican boy twisted around and looked at Kellin. He was still sleeping, cuddling his side. Vic ran his hand through the black hair and kissed his forehead. He watched the way his eyes moved behind his eyelids as Kellin dreamt. Just watching him, sleep made Vic smile. And ok, he officially sounds like a creep. Slowly climbing out of the bed and walked towards the kitchen, Vic opened the fridge to look for something to eat. He found two slices of pizza and began munching on them. Cold pizza is heaven; there is no denying it.

He sat on the counter while eating the pizza when he suddenly heard someone bang on the door loudly. He got up, but not before grabbing a knife because he has seen scary movies, and quietly walked towards the door. Looking through the peephole, he saw a guy standing outside the door. He banged on the door again. This time though, the banging was loud enough to wake everyone up because Kellin and Katherine came running out of their rooms with a bat in hand (which wow! What?).
Katherine placed a finger to her lips and tiptoed towards the door, turning off the lights in the process. She also looked through the peephole before backing up. Vic felt her hand slide into his and she led him away with Kellin too. She pushed into the bathroom with her and she locked the door behind her, in the process.

“I’m going to call the police. Stay quite.”

“Mom, who was it?” Kellin asked. His question went ignored as Katherine began talking with 911 operators. “Vic, who was at the door?” Kellin asked as he cuddled into Vic’s side.

“I don’t know babe.” He whispered. “Just come here.” Kellin walked into Vic’s open arms. Kellin placed his head on his shoulder and began counting the spots on Vic’s shirt. He listened to the steady breathing that Vic was doing, feeling each puff of air against the skin of his neck.

“Ok, I want you guys to stay in here until I or a policeman comes to get you ok? Hide in the bath tub and be quiet.” Katherine said. Kellin felt Vic nod and Vic felt Kellin grip his shirt tighter. When she opened the door, the banging was heard along with muffled screaming. She closed the door behind her and that’s when Kellin began crying. Vic felt the tears soak through his shirt so he began singing.

“I don't want this moment to ever end,
Where everything's nothing without you.
I'd wait here forever just to, to see you smile,
'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.”


Kellin hummed the tune back to Vic and together, they sang the song. Vic ran his hand through Kellin’s hair while the other rubbed his back. Vic heard Kellin’s humming slowly stop until his body became limp in his arms. Vic wrapped his arms around Kellin’s waist and sat there silently. He was scared, to be honest. Never being exposed to that kind of stuff made him feel like death was looming over him.

After what felt like hours later, when it was probably twenty minutes, there was a knock on the door then the voice of Katherine floating through. “Boys, it’s safe to come out now.” She walked towards the bathtub and found Vic smiling up at her.

“Well, you see, Kellin fell asleep.” With a fond sigh, Katherine tried to pry Kellin off Vic, nearly failing, and then held her son as Vic got out. She carried him in her arms and walked to his room. “Um, not that I want to be nosy but, uh, what happened? Who was that man?”

“If I tell you, you can’t tell Kellin.” She replied as she tucked in her first and only child. Vic nodded as he climbed into bed with Kellin, feeling his arms wrap around his waist. “You’re young so I won’t explain everything but that was Kellin’s father. When we went to go see Kellin’s aunt, his sister, he showed up. I don’t know who he found out where we live but don’t worry ok?” she said as she saw the worry flood Vic’s eyes as he glanced at Kellin’s small body. “I have a police here and I’m going to fill out a restraining order.”

“Why can’t you guys just move back to San Diego?”

“Sweetie, I wish we could but that’ll be hard with my job and all. But look, don’t worry ok; we’re all going to be safe. Now go to sleep because tomorrow we’re going out into town and having some fun.” With that, she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Vic sighed as he turned around so he was facing Kellin.

“I’ll always protect you.” Vic whispered before placing a kiss on Kellin’s forehead. Vic held Kellin in his arms as he drifted off into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY SHIT ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR and I'm ashamed :( but tbh I've had writers block and this is the result of trying to get ideas. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS OR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SEE !!!!