Status: Discontinued

There's No Such Thing as Too Young

Summer Vacation

It’s been seven years since I first met Kellin. I’m 14, going into 9th grade and he’s 11, going into 7th grade. He still doesn’t talk much just a few words here and there but that’s fine with me; we have our own way of communicating. I’ve gotten close with Jaime and Austin too. I think it is cute how Kellin got jealous whenever Jaime hangs out with us. I remember one time Austin, Alan, Mike, Tony, Jaime, Kellin and I went to the park on the first day of summer break. But now, he’s gone. He left a week before school began. I don’t know how I’ll ever live without him next to me. I love him.

*

“Hey Kells.” I said as I walked into his room and gave him a kiss on the lips. We still haven’t told anyone about that. “Ima go to the park, wanna come?”

'Who’s going?' He wrote on a white bored he had lying around.

“Mikey, Tony, Alan, Austin and …”

'And … ?'

“Umm … Jaime.” I mumbled. When I looked up, I saw his usually pale face redder then a tomato. “Come on Kells, Jaime’s not that bad.” He only stuck out his tongue and made a noise, he’s done that since they first met, it’s cute though. “What’s wrong with him?”

'Nothing … I’m not going … I got things to do .'

“Like what? Sleep? It’s fucking summer break. Anything can happen this summer.” I looked into those big beautiful blue eyes of his as he searched my eyes for any reason to not believe me. It’s funny though, we’ve been best friends for years and sometimes it’s like I’m learning how read him, like he can read me.

'No … but I guess I gotta tell you now …'

“Tell me what?” I’m not liking them dots though.

'My mom’s job gave her a transfer to some place, I think, called Grand Rapids …'

“I’ve never heard of that place. Is it here in California?”

'Um … that’s the thing … it’s not … it’s in … Michigan'

“What?” I asked in disbelief. “No, you’re kidding right? This is just some sick joke.”

'I wish I was but I’m not … I don’t wanna go but it pays better so yeah …'

“Then please Kellin, please spend this summer with me. If this is the last time I get to be with you until you move them let’s make it last.” I pleaded.
We made our way over to the park and I found myself sitting in a tree with Kellin while everyone else is trying to throw water balloons at us. We were so far up that we could barely make out where they are so we figured that they can’t see us either.

“I’m really bummed yhu-“ he cut me off by kissing me. “You don’t wanna hear it or you just wanted to kiss me?” I ask, chuckling a bit as a noticeable blush appears on his cheeks and ears. “I think someone -“ he cut me off again. “Ok was that one just to kiss me?” he looked down and nodded. “Well if that’s all you wanted, all you gotta do is ask.” I said, making it sound obvious. I leaned forward and captured his lips with mine. We had to be careful because we were on branch. After a few seconds, I let my tongue glide over his lower lip, causing him to pull back and look at me wide eyed. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” I guess I was forgiven because next thing I knew, I was kissing him again and this time he licked my lower lip, causing a small whimper to come out my mouth. He pulled back again and bit his lower lip.

“Do you know what it means when you lick someone’s lower lip?” I asked him, he shook his head no. “It means you wanna kiss them but you also wanna put your tongue in their mouth or let them put theirs in yours.” He looked at me with wide eyes. I kept forgetting he’s like three years younger than I am so this all might be terrifying for him. “Wanna go back to my house? We can watch movies or something.” I said trynna make him forget. The age difference kinda sucks though; I mean I think it does because I maybe … sorta … kinda … have more than friendly feelings for Kells but he may not even be bi or gay. When I looked over next to me, Kellin wasn’t there. I looked around franticly for him; I was supposed to watch him to make sure he didn’t get hurt.

“GOTCHYHU!” I looked down and saw Kellin dripping wet while Jaime and Austin laughed. Alan looked like he wanted to kill them both while Mike and Tony just looked down at the ground with guilt smeared all over their faces. I quickly climbed down the tree as Kellin walked away to the benches.

“What happened?” I asked.

“We surprised Kellin, that’s what happened.” Austin said, trying to control himself.

“He looked mad but whatever. That’s what he gets for playing with the big boys.” Jaime said with a smirk. “C’mon Vic. We’re gonna go over to my place and play some video games.”

“No. I gotta go look for Kellin.” I didn’t see him there anymore.

“Why? Let him be. You guys are always together. Spend time with us too dude.”

“Jaime. No. I made him a promise.”

“Yeah in first grade. I bet he forgot too.” How can Kellin forget when I always remind him? I didn’t even bother to respond to Jaime. I left the park, following the tiny wet footprints, and ended up in front of Kellin’s house. His mom’s car wasn’t there so she was out. I knocked on his door, waiting for him to open. It’s been almost twenty minutes and he still hasn’t opened. I knocked a few more times and still nothing.

- To Kellogg’s : Open the door Blondie.

- From Kellogg’s : I’m not home.

- To Kellogg’s : I followed your footsteps Kells … Open this door or I’ll knock it down.

Three minutes later, the door opened and there stood Kellin. He was dressed in sweatpants, a lose fitting V-neck and Homer Simpson slippers. I looked at his face and saw his bloodshot, red, puffy eyes; those jerks made my Kellin cry, they all know he can be sensitive at times and this is way he hates playing around with them. I pulled him into my arms and he began crying.

“I’m sorry Kells. I should’ve gotten down first, then maybe it would’ve been me who was wet.” I said rubbing his back in a comforting manner. “It’s ok Kells. Please don’t cry.” He sniffled a bit and looked up at me. “Wanna go to your room and watch scary movies?” he shook his head no and buried his face in my chest. “Please? I promise I’ll protect you if they trynna jump out the TV screen.” He looked back up and rolled his eyes in a playful manner. “What? Have you not seen that one movie where the chick comes out the screen. Dude I don’t know about you but that shit had me freaked out.” He smiled at me and pulled me in, we walked to his DVD collection and I immediately picked out a shit load of movies, mainly ghost movies, and head upstairs to his room.

I like his room. It’s white but there are still drawings from when we were younger. There was a bed pushed up against the right side, under a window, and a decent-sized television that was placed between two dressers on the left side. There were also moving boxes, reminding me that I only had a handful of days left with him, I pushed those thoughts aside and set up the movies in order from how we would watch them. Kellin finally made it, carrying 3 bowls of popcorn, a 24 pack of soda being pushed with his feet and some candy. I went to help him with the stuff and once everything was good, we spooned, I being the big spoon, and began watching movie after movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
From here, it'll be like flashbacks of their summer in Vic's pov
Sorry that all the cutie stuff is gone
&' keep the comments going, it helps knowing you guys like it
BTW HOW DO YOU ITALICIZE ON THIS DAMN THING ? >:c