Between the Sword and the Wall

Every favour comes with a price

Martin left the room to get the drink and Benedict’s nervous face turned serious; he checked his phone and called.
- I’m alone, where?
- I knew you wouldn’t deny me – A triumphant female voice sounded on the other line.
- Make this quick
- Calm down Benny, you are tense enough by now, come to the backyard, alone – He hanged up and followed the instructions, until he found the woman sitting in a bench next to a little fountain - Wow, you look lovely
- It’s my wedding day
- Stop reminding me, it makes me sick – She said with despicable voice.
- I told you, I’m not going to see you anymore after this
- We will see – She smirked evilly.

Alaina’s world fell under her feet, she couldn’t understand why he run away, he wanted to get married so badly, he wanted to be a family, did he changed his mind?
- No… Ben… Benedict where is he?
- Honey I’m sorry, Martin is looking for him, he’ll be back soon I promise – Amanda sat back in the car and hugged her.
- Why… why did he leave? – Her voice was lost and so was her expression, she didn´t understand what was going on.
- I’m sure there’s an explanation Alaina, let’s just wait calmly and everything will be okay – Annalee rubbed Alaina’s agitated back kindly and the three women waited for news.

- See after all these years I found out a little scratch of you, you made a mistake, a mistake no gentleman makes – She kept talking while she walked around him checking every detail of his manly figure – You are going to pay so bad for this Cumberbatch
- What are you talking about– He said with confidence, avoiding eye contact.
- You know exactly what I’m talking about, you cheated on my with that slut you’re marrying now, you have a nine year old son and you hid that from me, how could you Benedict?!
- How can yuo be so sure of that
- Oh stop denying! I did research; it’s no coincidence that this little boy looks so much to you, after all this years now you’re marrying her? Are you doing this because you feel guilty?
- I’m doing this because I love them
- That’s too bad, you know I have a lot of power over you now, your amazing career now depends on me, I’m the victim and you the bad guy
- What do you want? – He asked already nervous and rough, Olivia was able to manipulate him in any way.
- Don’t be so pissed off, I’m making you a favour, you should be aware that life changes a lot once you’re married and you are one of the sexiest man in England, you can have any girl you want, are you sure you want to throw your amazing single life away?
- That’s it I can wait anymore, Amanda let me out – Alaina said determined after long minutes of useless wait.
- Wait what are you doing?
- I’m going to look for Benedict
- That’s not a good idea
- But is my only choice, I have to help Martin, maybe I’m still on time to find him, I just need an explanation that’s all I want – Amanda looked at her broken hearted friend and let her go after a good luck hug, Alaina run to the cottage near the church where the groom got ready.
- Martin!
- Alaina what are you doing here?
- Any clue of where is Benedict?
- No, I’m sorry I have looked everywhere, he left no note, anything – He answered frustrated.
- We have to keep looking; I don’t care if it takes me the whole day. Did you saw something weird on him today? Something… uncommon?
- No… he was nervous, like every groom, this is so weird, he was eager to get to the church and suddenly, he was gone
- Well he’s a good actor
- And so am I and he was not pretending, something just not clicks here

- I want to be with her more than anything in the world Olivia
- That’s exactly what I wanted to hear – She chuckled and looked at him with eyes of revenge – This is my deal, I keep you dirty secret out of the media but you don’t see that bitch or her son ever again
- What?! I’m not going to that!
- Then face the consequences!
- I’m sure we can get to a better arrangement
- No! You fooled me and now you’re paying! – Tears started to fall from her eyes – Tell me, how long did you actually loved me?
- I loved you all the years we stayed together, I just met the right girl on the wrong time
- So you never forgot her right? How long did you cheat on me with her?
- Just once, one night – He sighted giving up, she looked at him shocked and the laughed.
- Unbelievable, well that is bad luck Benny, I knew someone as big as you might have been good at procreating, but I never thought you were that good
- He was not a mistake don’t you dare to talk about my son like that – He got close to her in a intimidate way that made her back up.
- Okay, okay, now, do you accept my offer?
- No
- Oh Benedict, I’m giving you a second chance, there’s always time to start a new life… and who knows, maybe you can love me again – She got closer and closer until she reached his lips so fast he couldn’t react, these lips where so familiar to him but so emotionless at the same time.
- Hey bitch! Get your hands out of my husband!
♠ ♠ ♠
First I want to say I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but literally, last sunday was the last time I used my notebook, yeah you can imagine how busy I am and how much I need vacations.
I was working on another story but I'm afraid it will have to wait until I have more time to write a couple mpore chapters.
As always thanks to all my amazing readers and feel free to leave a comment :D