Between the Sword and the Wall

Our son

- No…no please Alaina I beg you, don’t take Andrew away from me – He said desperate, now that he had met his son he couldn’t imagine his life without him – Alaina please give me one more chance and let me see my son, I already lost his best years I want to see the life he has from now on – Alaina’s heart broke into little pieces, the father of his son was begging her to let him be in his life.
- You better don’t tell Andrew, act like this never happened and you’ll see him – Benedict stood up grateful, his face full of pain now had a light of hope.
- I won’t disappoint any of you, I’ll gain you back darling
- I’m talking about Andrew, you have no chance with me – Her heart was beating fast but she tried to control her expressions.
- I can hear how fast your heart beats, I won’t make the same mistakes of the past and I’ll make you fall in love with me, I’ll make you happy – He whispered close to her ear and kissed her in the corner of her lips, they both looked at each other with passion, she wanted to kiss him so badly.
- We’ll see – saying that she left him alone, the filming was cancelled because of the poor state of the starring, the director and producers where insanely mad and apologised Alaina for the inconvenient, she just nodded and went with his son back home, in two days they were finishing the filming, she almost made the filming without the truth coming out – God damn it! – she said throwing her handbag against the wall, she buried her face on the pillow and cried frustrated, everything slipped out of her hands, she knew that after this at one point Andrew will figure things out and he will hate her for that.
The next two days Benedict did awesome job acting like nothing happened, but the relationship between Alaina and Benedict was colder than ever, they both had grudge on each other.
- Benedict hadn’t talk to you yet? – Amanda’s sweet voice came from Alaina who was standing silently in a corner of the set.
- No and I don’t really care
- Honey you have to care, you have to raise a child together and you need a good relationship for that, plus he’s really into you
- But I’m not, he’s a selfish cheater and I was doing a great job by raising my child all by myself
- You can’t take away his right of fatherhood, I know Benedict and I’m really impressed for what he did in the past and he regrets all his mistakes, he’s a nice man Alaina he will be a great rock whenever you feel things getting out of your control, he’ll do good to Andrew – Alaina kept silent, she was right but she didn’t know how to start again, how to forget things she kept reminding herself for so many years, all the promises she made about staying away from Benedict were going to be broke – Are you going to Steve’s party tomorrow?
- Yes I will
- You can come with us if you don’t want to arrive alone
- Thanks I’ll appreciate that… Benedict won’t go with you right?
- Of course not – She giggled – I wouldn’t invite if he was coming
The last scene was finally done and everybody celebrated the end of the episode and third season, they got Champaign and everybody cheered and screamed happy, it was the end of a project that promises a lot of money and awards. Alaina couldn’t resist looking at Benedict, he looked so happy, was he such a good actor or he just decided to forget the whole situation?
- Mom I also want to go to party – Said Andrew upset – Why are you going? You didn’t even act
- I told you this is a party for adults, and I’m going representing you – Alaina joked at him but he didn’t laugh at all – Don’t be so grumpy, you’ll have plenty of other parties
- Fine but promise me one thing
- Okay… What?
- Don’t fight with Ben – Alaina smiled at him as an affirmative sign, she was also tired of fighting with him, Martin and Amanda where ready and they left the house leaving the kids with a babysitter. They arrived to Steve’s house, there were already a lot of people from the set, there was a lot of drinks and food, at one point Steve and Mark gave a nice speech and showed some pictures from the filming, they showed some pictures about Benedict and Alaina together and joked around.
- And of course the couple of the filming, you don’t need to hide it anymore – Everybody laughed and Alaina looked discretely at Benedict, he was looking to the front serious, after that people spread out again and Alaina walked around talking with people and receiving congratulations for his son’s job from others, she was looking at the huge room until she saw Benedict alone sitting on a couch, she remembered what Amanda said to her yesterday and decided to take the first step.
- Good job Mr Holmes, so the game is over – Alaina came slowly and sat next to Benedict who gave her a little smile.
- The game is never over
- You did a wonderful job in Sherlock, you convinced me from watching it – Ben chuckled and looked at her.
- So now you’re going to be nice with me?
- It’s the best for our son…also I think I already hated you long enough – They both laughed, it was nice to take things like a joke.
- I appreciate you mention Andrew as OUR son. Do you see how easy it is when there are no secrets hidden? – Alaina looked at him agreeing – The more I think about your decision, the more I convince myself that you are a brave woman – Alaina was impressed by that compliment – You were in a very difficult decision and you were determinate to tell me anyways and after that you took full responsibility of the kid, you did a great job, Andrew is an amazing boy
- Thanks, that’s really nice of you – they looked at each other with kindness.
- Although I would of love if you just have told me about this the first day we met again
- Okay know you ruined it – They laughed and kept talking about many things, there was so many stuff to get together, they were parents now, while the time passed they got more comfortable with each other and the distances were shorter between them.
- God you’re hilarious, I can’t handle this – Benedict laughed loudly, when he got over it he took Alaina’s hand – You are an amazing woman
- Wow… I thought you said that only when you were drunk
- I told you Andrew was not the only thing I wanted in my life – His sky blue eyes looked at her romantically, he wanted that woman and he knew how to get her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enough with the drama, it's time for some love here, keep checking the next chapters (;
Excuse my spelling and thanks to all my readers!