Status: Complete

Last Flight Home

3/7

The first thing Alex did when he walked into his English class a week after sending his letter to Jack was get called over to the teachers desk.

"Alex, could you please come here?"

The brunette frowned, thinking he's done something wrong.

She flicked through her papers, and handed him an envelope addressed to him at the school.

"We got a pile of these today, all from Syria." She beamed, obviously proud of what she's achieved with this 'pen-pal program.'

Alex sat in his usual chair in the back row, his bag on the ground and watched as students piled into the classroom. Some people were excited to read their letter, tearing into it and reading it in seconds, while others simply didn't care.

Alex was dying to read Jack's response.

He turned over the envelope in his hands, thinking of what Jack has written. He probably hand wrote it, I mean, it's not like they can carry laptops around in Syria, right?

The brunette feels guilty for what he sent Jack, how badly it was written and how boring it must have been. He shrugged and decided to read it when he got home. Considering it was Friday and he had English last, he could rush home to read it. After carefully putting it into his bag, he focused on what the teacher was droning on about.

---

"Hey Alex!"

The boy in question turned, seeing Rian walking up to him, huge grin plastered on his face.

"Hey Ri, what's up?"

"Wanna hang tonight? Parents are going out."

When this happens, Alex, Rian and Zack organise a get together in Rian's lounge room, generally with large pepperoni pizzas and video games.

"I'm so down for that."

"Cool, I'll text Zack."

As he pulled out his phone, Alex was too wrapped up on the idea of what was happening tonight with his best friends that he forgot about the letter in his bag.

---

"Seeya guys! Thanks for having me over Ri!"

Alex waved as he walked down the path, carrying his backpack since he didn't go home on Friday. After a night of greasy pizza, junk food and soda, he was content, stomach complaining, but he ignored it.

Once he was finally home and collapsed on his bed in a mess of blankets and teenage boy, Alex looked around his room. One thing that caught his eye was the picture of Jack he had stuck on his wall. That sparked the memory inside of him, and he dived for his bag, thumping onto the hard floor and opening his bag.

He was finally settled back on his bed, cross-legged and holding the letter in his hand when he peeled it open. He slipped out the thin lined paper from inside, envelope falling into his lap.

He read through it, once, twice, three times before putting it down. He had a huge grin on his face, and put the letter back into the envelope, tucking it safely into a drawer at his desk.

He couldn't stop thinking about Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be Jack's response that was mentioned in this chapter, so stay tuned!

Hope you enjoy it :)))