Status: I'm back and re editing and adding and changing things 6/02/2022

Love Is Deaf, Not Blind

Chapter Nine

Image

I get in the passenger seat of Jace car, Andrew haven’t driven to the café since he only lived around the corner.

“I…can…drive.”

’I didn’t say you can’t but your finger is broken so I’m not letting you.’ At least it wasn’t because I’m deaf.

’I really do not need to go to the hospital. All they will do is tape my finger to the others.’

’Then you have nothing to worry about.’

I roll my eyes at him. “Fine.” I reach into my bag and pull out my Ipod, I place the wrap around head phone over my ears.

Andrew eyebrows raise in question.

‘I feel the vibration it is almost like I can hear’

‘fair enough.’

I turn on my Ipod which is filled with a lot of heavy metal.

Andrew waves his hand in my face “Disturbed?”

I take off the headphones and take his hand I place the soft padded ear piece on to his fingertips. It has a heavy beat.

“I have nothing against Disturbed. I actually love the band.” Andrew pulls out his phone and open his music player. I smile when I see his favourite artist playlist is nearly identical to mine.

I reach into the glove box and pull out the earmuffs that Jace doesn’t like wearing. “Do…you…like…music…loud.”

Andrew smiles, nods and takes the earmuffs. ’Thank you.’ I plug my Ipod into car connecter.

“Put…it…on.” I jester towards the earmuffs. He quickly does and gives me a nod. I turn the volume right up before letting it play.

‘You’re right about loud.’ Andrew laughs. I like the way it lights up his eyes.

He drives the long way to the hospital and I’m not sure why but I don’t ask, I’m actually enjoying his company. But when he does finally pull into a lot and turn the car off he smiles at me and signs ‘You have better taste in music than most hearing people I know.’

I laugh, “Does…not…surprise…me.”

I see the laugh shake his body as he gets out of the car. I pull out my Ipod and reach for the door but he’s already opened it.

Let’s get that finger looked at.

*** ***

‘M.u.l.l.e.t finger v.a.l.o.u.r f.r.a.c.t.u.r.e d.i.s.l.o.c.a.t.i.o.n. Sorry I don’t know the signs.’ Andrew repeats the doctor’s word for my finger in sign. ‘He’ll have to put a pin in it.’ My stomach drops and I feel like throwing up. I can’t stand needles, or blood.

“I…can’t…wear…cast.” I frown out of habit when asking questions.

The doctor gives me a sad look. “Not if you want to be able to move the finger again.”

I take a deep breath and promised myself I wanted cry. “I…Have…Call…Parents.” I grab my bag and leave the room. I wasn’t sure if I was coming back. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to see Andrew.

‘I’m sorry.’

You didn’t break my finger. I pull out my phone to see a ton of miss calls and messages. I shocked to see one from my dad telling me to go home.

I video call my brother and he answers within 3 rings.

He speaks and signs, “Where are you? What do you think you are doing driving?”

I ignore his questions and answer, “I…broke…my…finger…slamming…door…in…your…face.”

“You what?”

“I…broke…finger.” I repeat in announce.

“Why didn’t you ask me to drive you?” His face is softer and he’s no longer yelling at me.

“Why…you…lie…to…me.” My anger from before rushes back and I hang up.

Jace calls back but I ignore it. Andrew waves hand in front of my face.

‘Do you want me to call you Mom? I nod and hand him my phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. I post more than 1 chapter at a time so if you are subscribed try to remember what number the last chapter you read was