Sequel: From Where You Are.

I Will Always Love You.

13

The past few weeks went by quickly as Sabin and Velvet Sky's relationship progressed. Sabin was dominating the roster with his eye candy in his corner. The fans loved it and I couldn't complain about it either. I loved this getting to spend more time with Josh thing and it was just an added bonus that I got to kiss him as well. Ashley had gotten alot better about it since Josh consoled her about it, but I could still tell that it bothered her.
"By the power vested in me by the state of Michigan, Benjamin Axel Simmons is now Benjamin Axel Harter. Congratulations Mr. Harter, it's a boy." said the judge as he hit his wooden gavel against the top of his stand.
Today was the day that Josh adopted Benjamin as his son and he was very happy. I looked over at Josh and I hadn't seen him this happy since I told him that I loved him. He gleamed with joy knowing that he could finally call Benjamin his son. It was something he told me that he'd always wanted to do. He'd been in Benjamin's life since he was a year old and he had always raised him.
"Congratulations, Josh!" I smiled and hugged him and he hugged me back.
"Thanks, Jamie." He smiled at me and looked down at Benjamin.
"I'm so happy he's finally my son." He said rubbing Benjamin's shoulder.
"He always has been your son." Ashley chimed in. He smiled over at her as she was signing off on all the final papers. She finished those quickly and we walked out of the courthouse. As we were walking down the steps of the courthouse, Benjamin was on Josh's shoulders and Ashley was right ahead of them and I was following closely behind. I was looking down at my phone when all of a sudden a heard a gasp come from Ashley making me look up quickly. She was grabbing her stomach in pain.
"It's time, Josh!" She yelled. Josh's eyes went huge.
"Oh shit! Okay baby." He put down Benjamin and quickly ran down to where she was and picked her heavily pregnant self up and started going as quick as he could to the car. "C'mon guys!" He yelled back to me and Benjamin causing us to run down the stairs as well.
Minutes turned into hours as I sat in the waiting room with Ray, Lisa, Bridgette, and Travis Harter as well as some other Harter family members and Ashley's parents, siblings, and more of her family. Josh came out a few times telling us how many centimeters Ashley dilated each time she was checked by the doctor. It felt like it was taking forever for Ms. Aubrey to make her appearance into the world. I was looking at the doors that go back to the rooms and Josh came out dressed in some scrubs.
"Jamie, Ashley wants you to be back here when she has Aubrey. It's getting very close and she said she wants her best friend." I smiled and stood up.
"What about me, daddy?" Benjamin asked.
"I'm sorry pal but this is something you're not gonna wanna see, but whenever you sister is born you can come straight back with papa and grammy, okay?" He smiled down at Benjamin.
"Okay daddy" He smiled and went back to coloring. I made it back to the room with Josh and saw Ashley sitting in the bed doing his contraction breaths. I walked over beside her.
"How are you feeling buddy?" I asked her.
"It hurts, Jamie. It hurts real bad. I don't ever remember it hurting this bad when I had Benjamin." She cried. "I hope my baby girl is okay."
"She's just fine, sweetheart. The doctor said he could tell she's healthy and ready to come out of there." Josh smiled at her. She calmed down and smiled at him.
"Okay baby." She smiled. The doctor came in minutes later and looked down at her and then looked up to her.
"Alright Ashley, it's time for you to push for me." He said putting on his gloves.
It didn't take very many pushes for the baby to get here but I could see and hear the pain that Ashley was going through to get her here. This scared me immensely. If my periods hurt as badly as they did sometimes, what would child birth feel like? Death? Maybe I shouldn't have children. Maybe I should adopt if I wanted kids. Yeah, that's a good idea. Make some other sucker go through the pain and get her kid.
"It's a girl!" announced the doctor and I could see Josh gleaming with pride as he took his little girl into his arms.
"She's perfect!" He smiled as he looked at Ashley. I was so happy to see Josh as happy as he was to be holding something that he'd created in his arms, but at the same time, I couldn't help but be jealous that I wasn't the one who was laying in the bed while he held our baby girl in his arms.
The nurses took her to bathe her as well as get her all dressed and take her foot print and according to the doctor to take some of her blood to make sure all was okay in her body.
"And what will be her name?" asked one of the nurses as she wrote down information.
"Aubrey Lynn Harter." Ashley replied and smiled.
"That's a beautiful name. Congratulations to you both on your baby girl." She smiled and walked out of the room. After that Benjamin came to meet his baby sister was so amazed by her.
As time went by Josh and I went to go get all of us some dinner from the Chinese restaurant down the street from the hospital. We got into Josh's car and turned on the car. We then set out for the restaurant. He turned on the radio and as I heard what came on, my heart started to beat out of my chest.
'What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time
'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here
'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
Something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right
'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
And me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive'
You and Me by Lifehouse was mine and Josh's song. It was the first song he and I had ever slow danced to at his cousin's wedding and the song he told me he loved me while listening to. He looked at me while it was playing and I could see the same look in his eyes that I saw the first time we kissed, the first time he told me he loved me, and the first time he made love to me. I hadn't seen this look since the last time we were together.
"Stop looking at me like that." I said turning down the volume.
"Like what?" He said as we pulled up at the place. I sighed.
"Nothing, nevermind." I said. He shook it off and we went into the restaurant to get all of our food.
It didn't take long to get the food and come back and since I asked him that he had been silent to me which was completely fine. We walked into the room where Ashley was holding baby Aubrey and Benjamin was playing on her phone. We put down the food and Josh started to sort through it. As we started to eat, the doctor came in with some papers. We all looked up to him.
"Aubrey is perfectly healthy." He smiled and we all were very relieved to hear it. "But I found something in my test that I wanted to let you know." We all got really worried and the doctor sighed. "Josh, Aubrey isn't your daughter."