Sequel: From Where You Are.

I Will Always Love You.

14

Did we seriously just hear those words come from Dr. Gordon's mouth? Aubrey Lynn Harter wasn't Josh's daughter? Are you fucking kidding me right now? I spent all that time taking up for Ashley whenever Josh had his doubts about it and it turned out his doubts were real. Ashley cheated on Josh. She betrayed him and his trust. She took his heart and stomped on that shit just for what? A one night stand? Or was this more than a one night stand? Was this something that was still going on? Maybe a full blown affair? Was this someone that Josh knew? These questions swarmed my mind time as the doctor told us this important information. I looked over at Josh who had a face of hurt but also who's face was turning as red as a firetruck from being so pissed off so quickly.
"What are you talking about?" Josh asked the doctor in a hostile voice.
"Well Josh we took sample of baby Aubrey's DNA and matched it with some of yours and they didn't match up." He said reading over his papers and looking over at Josh. I saw Josh slowly turn his head to Ashley. The doctor took this as a 'it's time for you to get the hell out of here' sign and walked out of the room. As he exited the room with one of his nurses they took Benjamin and Aubrey out of the room so they wouldn't get scared.
"You're fucking kidding me right?" He said to Ashley as he gritted his teeth. Ashley was in tears.
"No. I'm not." She said as a few tears ran down her cheeks. "It's not what you think though, Josh."
"Not what I think? Not what I fucking think?" He said as he slammed some stuff off of a nearby table. I slowly put my hand on his shoulder feeling how tense his body was and talked to him calmly.
"Calm down, Josh. You don't wanna be put in jail today." I said to him.
"Calm down? No I can't fucking calm down, Jamie! She cheated on me! She made a fool of me!" He yelled. I put both my hands on him and looked at him.
"Easy, Josh. Easy." I said and as I said that and looked at him I could see his anger decrease by a bit. He then turned and looked at Ashley.
"Who is he?" He asked. Ashley looked away from him.
"Nobody." She replied crossing her arms. This caused Josh's anger to increase once more.
"Who the fuck is the bastard?" Josh asked again and Ashley just sat there and ignored her making him even madder and causing my anger to rise.
"God dammit, Ashley. He deserves to fucking know. Tell him!" I growled at her. She let out a frustrated sigh and didn't look up.
"Ray." She said which caused Josh's as well as my eyes to widen. Oh. My. Fucking. God. It was Josh's dad. Ashley had an affair with Josh's dad while he was taking a tour with New Japan Pro Wrestling with Patrick. This explains ALOT. I was still in disbelief and I could see that Josh was even more shocked over this.
"I can't fucking believe this shit! You had an affair with my dad? My fucking sperm donor fucked my girl?!?!" Josh said as he breathed harder with every word. "The baby I thought was my fucking daughter turned out to be my sister! I can't believe you! You've made a fool out of me and my family! We are through! Do you hear me? Oh and I'm taking my son with me!" He yelled getting his and Benjamin's stuff.
"That's my son! Not yours!" Ashley yelled. "You can't take him!"
"Oh really? Not my son." Josh laughed. "As of today, bitch, he is." He smirked. "Let's go get my son, Jamie." He said as we went to walk out the room.
"I'll see your ass in court!" She yelled.
"Take me to court, I'll win you slut!" He said laughing as we walked out to the waiting room where Josh's family was. Ray was standing over by the window looking over towards his family. Next thing I knew Josh went up to him and punched him so hard in the face that I saw some teeth fly out. "And that's for having an affair with my fiancee you fucking asshole! Fuck you! Don't ever speak to me again." He said as he started to walk off and his mom ran up behind us.
"What's going on, Joshua?" His mom asked.
"Your so called husband slept with my ex, he should go enjoy his new daughter. Sorry mom. I love you." He said as we started to walk towards the daycare in the hospital. As soon as we reached it, we walked in and Benjamin ran up to us.
"Hey daddy. What's going on?" He said as he could immediately see something was wrong with his dad.
"Nothing buddy, daddy will be okay. You just won't be seeing mommy anymore. Everything will be okay." He said picking him and his stuff up.
"Okay daddy." He said putting his head on Josh's shoulder. I looked over at Josh and saw a few tears escape his eyes. This tore me apart. We headed out to Josh's escalade and Josh buckled Benjamin up then turned to me and hugged me tight. I hugged him tighter. As we pulled away I heard him speak.
"I have a favor to ask you. Would you keep an eye out for my boy for a couple of days? You guys can go and stay at the mansion. I just...need some time." He said holding out the keys to his car and his house.
"Of course." I replied softly.
"Thanks, Jamie." He said turning from me and walking off.
I got into the driver's seat of his car sped off towards the Harter mansion. This day went from good to bad in the blink of an eye and I was wondering what was going to happen in Josh's life next. What would he do now? This thought scared me. As I was driving, I turned on the radio and it's like it read my mind. I wonder if this was how Josh felt right now? I guess I'll never really know.
'If you ever leave me, baby,
Leave some morphine at my door
'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication
To realize what we used to have,
We don't have it anymore.
There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long my knees are on the floor (Ooh)
So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'
To keep you by my side
To keep you from walkin' out the door.
'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain
I'll never be your mother's favorite
Your daddy can't even look me in the eye
Ooh, if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing
Sayin' "There goes my little girl
Walkin' with that troublesome guy"
But they're just afraid of something they can't understand
Ooh, but little darlin' watch me change their minds
Yeah for you I'll try, I'll try, I'll try, I'll try
I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding
If that'll make you mine
'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain
Oh, don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye),
Don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye)
I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding
If that'll make it right
'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
And just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain'