Sequel: From Where You Are.

I Will Always Love You.

4

'Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need
Ohh oohh
You like to think that you're immune to the stuff...oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it
You're addicted to love
You see the signs, but you can't read
You're runnin' at a different speed
You heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine, a one track mind
You can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do
Ohh oohh
You like to think that you're immune to the stuff
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it
You're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love'
This was the song that blared through my alarm speakers. My alarm is set to play my favorite radio stations from each town. My phone finds radio stations based on my favorite types of music. Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer was a decent enough song. I wiped by eyes and moved the hair from my face and looked at the clock. 8:00 a.m.
I turned off the alarm and got up from the bed. I quickly took a shower and dressed myself in a tanktop and yoga pants and some Jordans then put my hair in a messy and wet bun. I started to pack my bag for later as well since I was going to be training in the ring some today. I packed my ipod, I some sweatpants, some pj pants, a t-shirt, and a hoodie then all of my bathroom stuff. I got my room key and rental car keys and headed out to the car. Once at the venue, I headed inside passing many staff members and wrestlers alike. I was going to the ring so that I could practice some moves.
It didn't take me long to get to the gorilla position as they call it in the WWE. I don't really know if they called it that here. I walked through the curtains hearing the giggles of a child. I looked up and saw Josh and Benjamin in the ring playing around with Ashley sitting in a chair in the front row. I sighed and walked out toward the ring setting my things down. Joshua looked so cute having fun with his 'step-son'.
"Hey Jamie, come here" I heard Ashley's voice say. Oh boy. I walked over by her, put down my bag and sat down.
"Yeah, what's up?" I asked nervously. She sighed and moved the hair out of her face.
"Look, I'm sorry about getting off on the wrong foot with you yesterday. It's just that I loved Josh with all my heart and I never want to lose him. Everytime he talks to a beautiful woman I feel threatened. He's quite a catch and I thank God everyday that he's mine." She said. She was right about that. "I'm sorry, will you accept my apology and we can try to be friends?" She asked. I nodded.
"Alright deal." I smiled at her as she looked back up and I looked too. Josh had Benjamin on his shoulders and he was making voices. It was so cute.
"He's going to make such a good dad one day. He's already amazing with Benjamin." She said smiling. She was right about that.
"He will be a good dad one day." I replied.
"Yeah. In about 8 months." She replied smirking.
"What?" I asked.
"I'm pregnant. I just found out. He doesn't know yet." She replied
"Oh wow. Congratulations." I smiled.
"Thank you." She said.
I couldn't compete with this anymore. I may as well just get over it and try and be friends with Ashley Simmons. She had his heart now and was also carrying his baby. They were going to be the perfect little family now. Our love was no more and it was time for me to get over that. It was time to me to make new friendships even if it was with his girl. She seemed nice enough. Time to give this a try.
After a couple hours of talking and watching Joshua play with Benjamin, Benjamin went off with his nanny and Josh and Ashley agreed they'd train with me in the ring with Ashley just telling me what to do since she's pregnant. They both taught me their own styles of wrestling. It was learning alot.
After a while, Ashley got a phone call from Benjamin's nanny saying that she got a phone call and had to go so Ashley had to go and get Benjamin. That left Josh and I alone. He got a towel from his bag, took off his shirt and wiped all the sweat off him. Oh Jesus.
"You remember the career fair at school when we were juniors?" Josh asked me as we sat down in the ring.
"Yep, your grandpa came with you and you two looked handsome dressed in his Airforce blues" I said with a smile as I drank some water.
"Well thanks, I thought about that last night. My grandpa passed away a few months ago." He said with a sigh.
"Oh gosh. I'm so sorry, Josh. John was a great guy." I said.
"Uh, yeah. After you and I broke up, we found out he had cancer." He said clearing his throat like he was holding back tears. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"It's okay Josh. It's all fine." I said to him feeling him calm down.
"Yeah. You're right. Thanks. You know, he always thought highly of you. Up until he died, he reminded me that I made a mistake." He said which really shocked me. His grandpa really thought he made a mistake???
"Well uh, you did what you had to do." I replied.
"Yeah, right. I did." He said kinda hesitantly.
"What do you-
I was about to ask when Patrick came out and interrupted.
"Hey Josh, man, Ashley needs your help, Benjamin is throwing a temper tantrum and won't calm down." He said.
"Alright I'm coming." He said then turned to me. "I'll see you around Jamie" He then got up and headed to the back.
That was his life now and this was mine. I may as well face it.