Good to You

Chapter Sixteen

*Josh's POV*
I walked back to the table where everyone was. I tried to forget about my encounter with Amanda, but I just seemed to not be able to. I plastered a fake smile on my face once I put the drinks down.

"Are you okay, babe?" I turned to look at Jess. She looked at me with worried eyes; I nodded and smiled. "Why wouldn't I be?"

I sat down next to her. She tried to hold my hand, but I wasn't feeling it right now. I quickly grabbed my drink, making my hand full. I saw her give me a puzzled look out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored it.

I felt bad rejecting Jess' constant attempt at affection all night, but for some reason I just really didn't want to be touched.

Was it because of Amanda? Did I still have feelings for her?

No that's crazy, I'm with Jess now. She makes me happy..

But for some reason I couldn't get Amanda out of my mind.

*Jessica's POV*
I didn't understand, did Josh hate me?

He wouldn't hold my hand all night, he wouldn't kiss me or let me sit on his lap again, I don't know what I did wrong.

Eventually I gave up. At first I thought Josh was just drunk and didn't want to be touched but, that made no sense because when Josh is drunk, he, himself is very touchy.

Ever since he left to go get drinks and came back, it's like he wants nothing to do with me.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I said to no one in particular. Josh slightly turned to me and nodded, but I got up and left before I looked at him.

I walked into the ladies room of the bar and looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed. I don't understand what's wrong with Josh, it made me really upset knowing he was acting this way, and for no reason too.

I began touching up my makeup when I heard someone else come into the bathroom.

"Oh, just the person I was looking for." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw Amanda.

I was confused. Why was she looking for me? Last time I saw her, was at this same place, when her and Josh fought and broke up.

"M-me? Why were you looking for me?" I tried to sooth my shaky voice but I couldn't help it. After they broke up, Josh would always tell me stories of how bitchy Amanda could be and how she hated almost every girl that's ever come in contact with Josh, even as friends.

Did she know about Josh and I?

She chuckled and came closer to me. "I heard you and Josh are together now,"

Yup, she knew.

"And you know, I'm really not okay with it. But, I'm not worried, because I just saw Joshie before while he was getting some drinks,"

Joshie? She wasn't allowed to call him that, he was mine. And she purposely did it in a bitchy tone.

"And we talked, and..kissed, and he's seeing me later tonight, so you should just give up now or forever suffer the consequences."

Kissed? He KISSED her? Is that why he was acting weird? Because he didn't want me anymore?

I didn't know what to say; I stood there, dumbfounded. I felt tears fill my eyes but I held them in so Amanda didn't get the pleasure of seeing me upset.

"Y-you think I believe you?" I scoffed. "Josh has told me everything about you, Amanda. I know the kind of person you are and I-" She cut me off. "Honey please, what makes you think Josh actually wants you? It took him, what, a couple days to go out with you after me? I call that a rebound." She cackled, making her sound like the witch I knew she was.

I couldn't handle this anymore. I began packing my things back in my bag.

"Good choice, leave now." She smiled at me. I wanted to punch her in the face so badly, but I didn't want a brawl to start in the bathroom. I pushed past her and I felt tears start to fall down my cheeks. "At least be happy I warned you!" I heard her yell after me.

Once I was outside of the bar, I ran. I didn't know where I was running to, but I just took off.

I was done. Done with Josh. Done with the band. Done with Vancouver. I wanted to go back home, I wanted to pretend this never happened, I wanted to turn back time and make me not be stupid enough to fall in love with a rock star, then I wouldn't be stuck in this mess. In this heartbreak.

There are so many guys out there, and Josh Ramsay is just one of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah this chapter makes me sad but I hope you like it!