Good to You

Chapter Seventeen

I called a taxi to take me back to my hotel. I needed to pack my things; I needed to go home.

My vision was blurry from my tears, I tried to compose myself while making my way to my room, but as soon as I shut the door behind me, I broke down.

How could Josh do this to me? I should've known it was too good to be true. A rockstar like him, liking a normal fan like me? Impossible.

I felt stupid for believing a word that came out of his mouth. I felt stupid for letting myself fall for him so quickly.

I picked up my phone and dialled Angela's number. I haven't talked to her in a while, and I needed a friend to talk to right now.

"Jess! Oh my god, I thought you forgot about me! How is everything going over there? Are you having fun? How's Josh?" I tried holding back the tears but I ended up sobbing when I heard his name. "Jess..? Are you okay? What's the matter?! Did someone hurt you?! I'll come to Vancouver and beat their ass, I swear-" I cut her off. "Ange..i-it's okay. I'm okay, I just, had a bad day." I don't know how believable that sounded considering I was still crying.

"Jess, please don't lie to me. Did someone hurt you?"

I paused for a minute, sighed and told her everything, starting from when Josh asked me out to what happened tonight. Angela didn't interrupt me once, which is strange coming from her, but that made it easier for me on telling the story.

When I was done, she was silent for a while.

"Jess, I am so sorry. You know I'm here for you always; I'll come pick you up from the airport when you get here, okay? You can stay with me if you want and we can just have a girls night to get your mind off of everything and we can-" She was cut off by my phone vibrating. I looked at my phone and saw I was receiving a call from a number I didn't know. "Uh, Ange wait a sec, I have another call." I clicked the 'talk' button and answered.

"Is this Jessica?" I cleared my throat. "U-uhm yes this is, who's this?" "My name is Jonathan, I'm the owner of 604 records. Ramsay gave me your number; I must say you have a wonderful voice and I was wondering if you'd like to sign with us, we'd love to have you!"

I was speechless.

"U-uh, I mean, well.." Jonathan spoke up again. "You have some time to think about it, but call me back when you make a decision. I understand you're from Ottawa, correct? You'd have to find a place in Vancouver, to be close to us and all; I know that's probably a lot to handle right now but just think about it!"

I couldn't believe it; a record deal?! With 604 records? This is so surreal..

"Oh, my gosh..of course, thank you, I'll get back to you, thank you so much."

I hung up and went back to Angela's call.

"Hello? Jess? Who was that? By the way, when are you getting here?" I stayed silent. "I, um, I think I'm gonna stay here.." "WHAT? WHY? Don't you dare change your mind now, Josh could try to mess with your emotions and I wouldn't be there to kick his ass so you better come home right now!" I sighed. "Ange, I appreciate your concern but I'm okay. And besides...I just got offered a record deal with 604 records.."

Angela screeched and blabbed on about how I need to become famous so she can meet all my famous friends and all these other ridiculous ideas. I laughed at her; she always knew how to make me feel better.

After we hung up, I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I guess this isn't goodbye yet, Vancouver.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just a filler chapter but stuff is going to happen in the next chapter, keep reading!