Good to You

Chapter Eighteen

Jonathan had given me the directions to the 604 records building so the next morning, I made my way there.

I kept checking my phone and I honesty didn't know why. Josh hadn't bothered to try to contact me since last night; part of me relieved because I never wanted to see him again, but part of me was hurt because I knew I liked him no matter how much I denied it.

I took deep breaths as I walked into the building, straight to the front desk.

"Hi, um, I'm Jessica and Jonathan asked me to come here.."

"Oh yes! Jessica, go right through that door over there." The woman gestured to the first door down the hall to my left.

I nodded and thanked her. I calmly made my way over and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard a man's voice call.

I opened the door and my jaw almost dropped.

"Oh Jessica, I'm glad you made it!" A man I figured was Jonathan said, coming towards me. "I know you already know Ramsay."

Yes, I do know 'Ramsay'. I really wish I didn't know him though. Why was he here? I was furious and confused and sad all at the same time. I wanted to break down crying and slap Josh across the face.

"U-um y-yeah, hello Josh." I gave the best fake smile I could.

"Nice to see you, Jessica." He said quietly.

Oh, so now my name is 'Jessica'. He hates me so much he doesn't even want to call me 'Jess' anymore...this hurt me so much.

"So I'm sure you're wondering why Josh is here," Yeah just a little. "Well, part of that deal was, him and I would have a co-management deal with you. That is, if you agreed to sign with us."

Co-management? As in, Josh would be my manager too? Which means, I'd have to be around him a lot? No, I can't do this to myself.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Well, this is an amazing offer and all but I..I just don't think I can do it."

Both Josh and Jonathan's faces seem to have dropped.

"Are you sure?" Jonathan said. "This is your final decision? You don't even want to think it over for a bit?"

I bit my lip. I honestly didn't know.

"Uh, well.."

"Can I talk to Jessica alone for a sec?" Josh spoke up. My breath hitched. Why did he want to talk to me? Probably to tell me how better Amanda is than me, ha.

"Of course, excuse me." Jonathan walked out of the room.

I turned back to Josh as he was just getting up from his chair.

He slowly made his way over to me. I didn't make a sound, just watched him as he closed the gap between us.

"Jess listen to me," Okay I guess it's back to 'Jess' now. "You should take this offer. I know a good voice when I hear one, and your voice is incredible. I understand you probably don't want to talk to me, Amanda told me you just ran off last night and-" I had to stop him.

"Did she happen to tell you WHY I left?" He shook his head. I scoffed and backed away from him.

"Look Josh, I get it. Amanda was your first love and I'm just some fan that just so happened to get lucky
with the lead singer of her favourite band, but I should've known not to do that, I should've known you would've broken my heart. Next time, I'd rather hear it from your mouth that you want Amanda over me instead of hers, not like there will be a next time anyway."

Josh stood there, his mouth slightly open. I shook my head and turned to walk out the door until Josh grabbed my arm and yanked me backwards.

"Jess, are you crazy!? What in the world are you talking about? How did I break your heart? What did Amanda say to you? I never said I wanted her over you, where did you get that crazy idea?!"

I stared at him confused. "Amanda came into the bathroom when I was in there and told me you kissed her and that she was seeing you later that night. She told me I was just your rebound and I knew it but I didn't want to believe it because I was falling for you so much and I wish I didn't because now I'm heartbroken and-"

Josh pulled me closer to him and kissed me hard on the mouth. I didn't protest.

I gripped his hair, yanking. I was so angry at him a couple minutes ago, how could a kiss change everything?

He pushed me back until I was against the wall. He continued kissing me but I had to pull away.

"Josh," I hissed. "We're in Jonathan's office, we can't be doing this!" He groaned and pulled away.

"I'm sorry Jess, but you're so crazy. I..I really like you. I meant it when I said that. Amanda is the one who kissed me! By the time I had time to react, she pulled away. It was a quick thing that meant nothing. And I didn't go see her last night, I went home, wishing I knew where you went. I stayed up all night worrying about you. Jess, what have I told you about Amanda? She will do anything to ruin my love life, I can't believe you'd believe her in the first place. Just please believe me when I say I want to be with you over her, and I mean that."

I bit my lip and smiled; Josh always knew how to get my heart pounding out of my chest. "Oh, Josh.." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. I could feel him smile against my lips. This is all I ever wanted, I can't believe I almost let someone ruin it.

"So will you take the offer?" Josh said, pulling back a little. I kissed him again and smiled.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Amanda will be back to ruin things shortly.