Good to You

Chapter Two

Time seemed to have flown by quickly and I was still debating whether to enter the contest or not. The deadline was soon, so I didn't have much time to think it over anymore.

I walked into my room and grabbed my laptop, putting it in front of me. I clicked on the camera and then pressed 'record'. I took a deep breath; well, here I go.

"Hi, my name's Jessica and I'll be singing Good To You by Marianas Trench; I'll be doing it acapella so I hope you like it."

And just like my dream, the words flowed out of me smoothly, expect Josh wasn't here to be my distraction.

When I finished, I pressed 'stop' and rewatched the video. I think I did an okay job, I wasn't sure if I wanted to re-record it or not. I bit my lip and uploaded it on YouTube, so I could get the link to email to the boys. I copy and pasted it onto a new email and typed in the address Josh mentioned in their video. I stared at the email for a while, contemplating if I should send it. I took a deep breath and thought back to my dream. I smiled, and with a shaky hand, I brought myself to press send. I guess there's no turning back now..

A lifetime almost seemed to have gone by and March 8th seemed to be right around the corner. I waited anxiously by my phone, hoping that with some amazing force of luck, Josh would call me telling me I won. I sighed and shook my head to myself; what was I thinking? There's so many other girls in Canada who are probably extremely talented, and can sing way better than me. The video I recorded wasn't even good, I don't know why I sent it. I just made a fool of myself and I knew the boys would see it.

My phone rang and my heart stopped. I picked it up quickly and answered. "Hello?!?" "Hey Jess! What are you up to right now?" I sighed; it was just my friend Angela. "Nothing Ange, what's up?" "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out! Maybe get something to eat?" Going out didn't sound like a bad idea, maybe it would help get my mind off the contest. "Um, sure why not." "Awesome! I'll see you in an hour!" I giggled at how excited she was. "Yeah, see you then, bye."

We ended up going to a diner by my house and ate some lunch. I left my phone at home, figuring the chances of me winning that contest are one in a million, so I didn't think I needed it.

"So, word on the street is Jeremy Smith is SO into you!" I laughed and shook my head. "Yeah, well I'm not into him." Angela's eyes widened and her mouth dropped a little. "How are you not!? He's GORGEOUS!" "And the biggest man whore in our school." She shook her head at me. "He's not that big of a man whore, besides Jess, I feel like you need a man in your life; you're too lonely." I shot her a weird look, raising my eyebrow. "How would you know how I feel? I'll have you know I'm pretty okay with the single life and I don't need anyone right now, ESPECIALLY not Jeremy Smith." I smiled and Angela just rolled her eyes. "Whatever, suit yourself." She pulled out her phone and looked through it, until she slammed her hand down on table. "JESS. MARIANAS TRENCH IS ANNOUCNING THE WINNER TO THEIR CONTEST NOW." I sighed and continued eating. "I don't really want to know who won.." She looked at me and then back at her phone with eager eyes. "Why the heck not?!?! Whatever, I'm watching the video they posted, hush." Angela played the video on her phone, and I could hear it since she turned the volume up all the way; I knew she did that purposely.

"Okay so today is the day we announce a winner! I just want to thank everyone for your entries, I did watch them all and I was really impressed. I feel lucky that so many talented people wanted to be involved in a contest to come sing with me.."

I smiled to myself; Josh was so sweet. I looked up at Angela and she was still watching her phone eagerly.

"My favorites were Shauna, Jessica, Aniqa and Liz.."

My heart stopped. I peered up at Angela and her mouth was hanging open. "Jess...Jess..THAT'S YOU!" My eyes grew wide and my heart began beating fast. I couldn't even find the words to speak..

"Those were my favs so let's call the winner!"

Angela looked back down at her phone, waiting to hear who won. At this point, my mind was everywhere. I was one of Josh's favorites...me. I couldn't believe it. I tried listening in on the video and I heard a phone ringing. My heart was pounding against my chest.

"Hi you've reached Jessica. I'm busy right now but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

My mouth hung wide open and Angela looked at me with wide eyes.

"Okay we've tried Jessica a few times to let her know that she is the winner!"

Angela let out a loud shriek and everyone in the diner turned to look at us. My mouth just hung open and I felt like I couldn't breath. "JESS WHERE IS YOUR PHONE JOSH RAMSAY IS TRYING TO CALL YOU" I couldn't even process what was going on. I felt around in my pockets until I remembered I left my phone at home. "Shit!" I got up and ran out of the place, into Angela's car and we drove as fast as we could back to my house. I ran up my stairs and grabbed my phone. It was perfect timing because I got another call.

"Hello?!" "Hi Jessica, this is Josh Ramsay, you're the winner of the contest, congratulations!" My heart almost exploded and Angela was running around my room freaking out. "Oh my god, thank you!" "No, thank you! The tickets will be at the venue and you can get them the day of the show; can't wait to have you on stage. See you then!" I was smiling so much, my mouth began to hurt. "Okay thank you, thank you so much! Goodbye."

I screamed along with Angela and she pulled me into a tight hug. I couldn't believe what just happened to me. I'm glad I never gave up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking this story is turning out pretty well, what do you think?